Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the important Daily One Liner Current Affairs 2-3 October 2018. These are important for the upcoming Indian Bank PO, NIACL Assistant and IBPS PO and Clerk 2018 Exams.
Daily One Liner Current Affairs 2-3 October 2018 for Bank, SSC and Competitive Exams
Non-financial One Liner Current Affairs
- Maharashtra government and University of Southern California on Monday signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to work together on projects related to artificial intelligence.
- Assam on October 2, 2018 joined the rest of the country in celebrating the birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi by unfurling India’s third highest national flag and tallest from the average city elevation.
- Twitter has unveiled a ‘Gandhi Emoji’ which users around the world can use in their tweets to celebrate Mahatma Gandhi’s 150th birthday.
- Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje inaugurated Dravyavati River Rejuvenation Project in Jaipur on October 2, 2018.
- The state government of Odisha on October 2, 2018 launched its own food security scheme to benefit the 25 lakh poor people who were left out of the National Food Security Act (NFSA).
- The National Khadi Festival 2018 is being organised by Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) to promote Khadi products. The festival was inaugurated by Union Minister for Micro Small & Medium Enterprises, Giriraj Singh in Mumbai on October 2, 2018, on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti 2018.
- IndiaSkills Nationals Competition 2018, the biggest skills competition of the country, got off to a spectacular start in New Delhi on Gandhi Jayanti.
- Infosys, TCS and Tata Motors are among the 12 Indian companies which feature in a list of the world’s best-regarded firms compiled by Forbes.
- The International Day of Non-Violence was observed across the world on October 2, 2018, on the occasion of the birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
- Ambassador of India to Myanmar, Vikram Misri has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to China.
- Iraq’s Parliament has elected a veteran Kurdish Politician Barham Salih as the country’s new President. He has named Shiite Adel Abdul Mahdi as Prime Minister of the country.
- Hockey Bihar’s Mohd Mushtaque Ahmad has now been elected as the President of Hockey India following the 8th Hockey India Congress and Elections held on October 1, 2018.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi received the UN Champions of the Earth award, the highest environmental honour of the United Nations on October 3, 2018. The award was presented by UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres at a special ceremony in New Delhi.
- UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, today honoured Dr. Evan Atar Adaha (Dr. Atar), a surgeon from South Sudan, with the 2018 Nansen Refugee Award at a ceremony in Geneva.