Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the Daily One Liner Current Affairs 17 and 18 August 2018 for upcoming IBPS RRB and PO, Indian Bank PO and NIACL Assistant Exams.
Daily One Liner Current Affairs 17 and 18 August 2018
- The 11th World Hindi Conference was inaugurated in Mauritius on August 18, 2018 with the theme ‘Hindi World and Indian Culture’.
- Indian Space Research Organisation’s (ISRO) Aditya-L1 mission, originally named as the Aditya-1 mission, is a satellite designed to study the solar corona (outer layers of the Sun) which is quite similar to NASA’s Parker Solar Probe.
- Damodar Valley Corporation (DVC) on Friday said it has decided to set up the country’s largest pump storage hydel power project of 1,500 MW at an estimated cost of Rs 52 billion.
- The Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare, Radha Mohan Singh on August 16, 2018 wrote to Jose Graziano da Silva, the Director General of the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organisation (UNFAO) to declare the upcoming year as the ‘International Year of Millets’.
- US secretary of state, Mike Pompeo on August 16, 2018 announced the formation of the Iran Action Group (IAG) to coordinate and run the country’s policy towards Iran.
- Pakistan on August 16, 2018 paid tribute to former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee hailing him as a ‘statesman’ after he passed away.
- The world’s oldest cheese was recently discovered inside an Egyptian tomb.
- China has unveiled Chang’e 4 lunar rover to explore the far side of the moon by the end of 2018.
- Imran Khan, Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chairman and former cricketer, was sworn in as the 22nd Prime Minister of Pakistan on August 18, 2018.
- Indian scientist and academician Nandula Raghuram was on August 13, 2018 elected as the Chair of the International Nitrogen Initiative (INI), a global policy making initiative.
- Former United Nations chief and Nobel Peace Prize laureate General Kofi Annan passed away at the age of 80, following a short illness.
- US singer Aretha Franklin passed away recently at the age of 76.
- A recent study by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has noted that the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) have been adversely hit by the Goods and Services Tax (GST) roll-out and Demonetisation, which had a significant impact on the overall credit of the sector.
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!