Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the Daily One Liner Current Affairs 15 and 16 August 2018 for upcoming IBPS RRB and PO, Indian Bank PO and NIACL Assistant Exams.
Daily One Liner Current Affairs 15 and 16 August 2018
- The National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) on Thursday launched Unified Payments Interface (UPI) 2.0, which among others allows customers to link their overdraft account to UPI, creation of one-time mandates and pre-authorisation of transactions for payment at a later date, and checking the invoice sent by merchant prior to making payment.
- Airtel Payments Bank and Bharti AXA Life Insurance on Thursday announced a pact to offer Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY), leveraging the payments bank’s network in rural pockets.
- PhonePe on Thursday announced entering into a partnership with Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) to facilitate convenient, fast and secure payments through PhonePe on the IRCTC Rail Connect Android app.
- Multi Commodity Exchange of India (MCX) today said it has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with India Bullion and Jewellers Association (IBJA) to set up bullion spot exchange.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on August 15, 2018 addressed the country on the occasion of the 72nd Independence Day at Red Fort, Delhi.
- PM Modi announced manned space mission taking Indian astronauts to space on board ‘Gaganyaan’ by 2022.
- With the help of scientists, India will be launching ‘NAVIC’ which will be very useful for the fishermen and others.
- Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik announced the start of Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana (BSKY), an universal health coverage scheme, in the state from today while unfurling the national flag at Mahatma Gandhi Road here during a drizzle.
- The Union Ministry of Railways on August 15, 2018 launched ‘Digital Screens’ to spread awareness about Indian Railways Heritage.
- Rajasthan will observe September as the “month of nutrition” to create awareness among people living in the state.
- The Supreme Court on August 13, 2018 approved a proposal to have hologram-based coloured stickers on vehicles which would indicate the nature of fuel being used in Delhi- National Capital Region (NCR).
- The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) launched RUCO (Repurpose Used Cooking Oil) initiative for collection and conversion of used cooking oil to biodiesel.
- The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) on August 14, 2018 released the Global Liveability Index 2018, the ranking of 140 global cities based on their living conditions. Delhi was ranked at 112th position and Mumbai fetched 117th spot.
- Madhya Pradesh Governor Anandiben Patel was given the additional charge of Chhattisgarh following the death of Chhattisgarh Governor Balramji Dass Tandon on August 14, 2018.
- Colorado Party’s Mario Abdo Benitez was sworn in on August 15, 2018 as the new President of Paraguay for a five-year term.
- Former India spinner Ramesh Powar was on August 14, 2018 named head coach of the Indian women’s national cricket team till the ICC World T20, which is scheduled to be held in November 2018.
- India released additional Rs 470 million for Phase I of Postal Highway Project being constructed in Southern Plains of Nepal.
- The 24th World Congress of Philosophy (WCP) was held in Beijing, China from August 13 to 17, 2018.
- Former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, who had been admitted to the AIIMS hospital in New Delhi for the past few weeks, died on Thursday.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?