Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the Daily One Liner Current Affairs 15-16 April 2018. These are important for revision.
- A loan agreement worth USD 48 million for the “Meghalaya Community – Led Landscapes Management Project (MCLLMP)” was signed here on Monday between India and the World Bank.
- The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has sanctioned project to provide solar powered irrigation pump sets under Saur Sujala Scheme in Chhattisgarh’s un-electrified villages. These villages are situated mostly in the Naxal-hit zones of Bastar district.
- As per the World Bank’s South Asia Economic Focus Spring 2018 report, Indian economy has recovered from the impact of demonetisation and the introduction of the Goods and Services Tax regime and is projected to grow by 7.3 percent in 2018 and 7.5 percent in 2019.
- PhonePe, India’s fastest growing digital payments company on Monday announced a partnership with MMTC–PAMP to provide 24K Gold of 99.99% purity on the PhonePe app. With this partnership, PhonePe is now the first digital payments app to offer a sophisticated gold marketplace to its users. PhonePe customers can buy 24K Gold from the provider of their choice at transparent and competitive live prices.
- New South Wales Premier Gladys Berejiklian on Monday announced a two-year USD 1.58 million partnership with India to enhance the country’s startup, technology, and advanced manufacturing sectors.
- The Union Government plans to set up a Gas Trading Hub / Exchange (GTHE) by October 2018, thus creating an Indian gas benchmark that will spark an increase in the consumption of the cleaner-burning fuel.
- Online fashion retailer Myntra today said it has acquired Bengaluru-based Witworks, as the Flipkart-owned firm looks to launch smart wearable products for its in-house brands.
- Taxi aggregator Ola on Monday announced its “Mission: Electric“, with a commitment to place 10,000 e-rickshaws and electric auto-rickshaws in its service in the next 12 months.
- The biannual Army Commanders’ Conference will began in New Delhi on April 16, 2018.
- Mining mogul Anil Agarwal-led Vedanta Resources plc today announced the appointment of Srinivasan Venkatakrishnan as the new chief executive of the company, replacing interim CEO Kuldip Kaura.
- Leading online travel company, com, on Monday announced the appointment of Mudit Shekhawat as its Chief Marketing Officer.
- Queen Elizabeth has appointed Prince Harry as a youth ambassador for the Commonwealth, a role that will see him encouraging young people to use the network of mostly former British colonies to address their challenges.
- Veteran Bollywood actor Dharmendra will be conferred with the prestigious Raj Kapoor Lifetime Achievement award and filmmaker Rajkumar Hirani will be conferred with the Raj Kapoor Special Contribution award.
- China has stepped up its campaign against foreign espionage with a website in Mandarin and English encouraging people to report national security threats such as bids to overthrow the socialist system.
- A team of Chinese scientists led by Zhu Jia have developed a new 3D conic device that can greatly increase the solar-thermal conversion efficiency.
- After a period of over two years, Indian tennis player Yuki Bhambri featured among the top 100 ranks in the ATP men’s singles chart on Monday.
Average rating / 5. Vote count: