Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the Daily One Liner Current Affairs 14 August 2018 for upcoming IBPS RRB and PO, Indian Bank PO and NIACL Assistant Exams.
Daily One Liner Current Affairs 14 August 2018
- NITI Aayog on August 14, 2018 launched ‘Pitch to MOVE’, a mobility pitch competition that aims to provide budding entrepreneurs of India with a unique opportunity to pitch their business ideas to a distinguished jury.
- The government proposed a new transaction structure for future of greenfield airports to address the challenges regarding airport infrastructure development. This was proposed under Nextgen Airports for Bharat (NABH), Nirman initiative and its guiding principles are affordability, sustainability and predictability.
- The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) on August 13, 2018 constituted a working group to update the norms for insurance surveyors.
- The Union Government on August 13, 2018 dismissed Usha Ananthasubramanian, former CEO/ MD of Allahabad Bank and scam hit Punjab National Bank (PNB), from service.
- Minister of Railways, Coal, Finance & Corporate Affairs, Piyush Goyal on August 13, 2018 released the Third Party Survey Report on Station Cleanliness. Jodhpur ranked best while Shahganj ranked worst.
- In a first of its kind ruling, Uttarakhand High Court on August 14, 2018 invoked the ‘parens patriae’ doctrine and declared itself as a legal guardian of members of the bovine family across the state.
- Ministry of AYUSH has introduced new Central Sector scheme for promoting pharmacovigilance of Ayurveda, Siddha, Unani and Homoeopathy (ASU&H) Drugs.
- The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) accorded approval for the procurement of six indigenously designed and manufactured Next Generation Offshore Patrol Vessels (NGOPVs) for the Indian Navy at an approximate cost of Rs. 4941 crore.
- 942 personnel have been awarded Police Medals on the occasion of the Independence Day this year.
- Minister for Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari launched road safety awareness video with Brand ambassador of road safety campaign actor Akshay Kumar in New Delhi.
- The Shaheed Saman Diwas will be observed in all districts of Madhya Pradesh on August 14, 2018.
- Akshay Kumar Singh has joined as Director (Pipelines) of state-owned Indian Oil Corp (IOC), the country’s biggest firm.
- Chhattisgarh Governor Balramji Das Tandon passed away on August 14, 2018 following a cardiac arrest at Dr B R Ambedkar Memorial Hospital in Raipur.
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!