Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the Daily One Liner Current Affairs 13 August 2018 for upcoming IBPS RRB and PO, Indian Bank PO and NIACL Assistant Exams.
Daily One Liner Current Affairs 13 August 2018
- The Minister of State for Housing and Urban Affairs, Hardeep Singh Puri on August 13, 2018 announced the Top 10 cities rankings on Ease of Living Index 2018. Pune emerged as the top-ranked city in the Ease of Living Index.
- Country’s largest lender State Bank of India (SBI) is considered to be the most patriotic brand, according to a survey, followed by Tata Motors, Patanjali, Reliance Jio and BSNL.
- In the aftermath of Kurangani forest fire in March, which claimed more than 20 lives, Tamil Nadu State forest department will enter into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with ISRO’s National Remote Sensing Centre (NRSC) to get faster fire alerts.
- With a view to ensure proper monitoring of all government schemes in a transparent manner, Nagaland Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio today launched “CM Dashboard“, an electronic window.
- Civil Aviation Minister Suresh Prabhu on August 11, 2018 approved a proposal for setting up water aerodromes in the country.
- India’s second moon mission Chandrayaan-2 will now be launched in the January-March window in 2019 instead of later in 2018.
- The Kerala government will foot the bill for transgenders willing to undergo sex change operations, CM Pinarayi Vijayan has announced.
- The Union Government has unlocked green funds worth over Rs 66,000 crore to increase the country’s forest cover.
- The US Defence Department will create a Space Force as the sixth branch of the military by 2020, Vice President Mike Pence announced.
- Pakistan on August 13, 2018 released 30 Indian prisoners as a goodwill gesture. The prisoners, including 27 fishermen, were handed over to Indian officials at Wagah border.
- Iran’s Defence Minister unveiled the next generation of Tehran’s Fateh Mobin short-range ballistic missile on August 13, 2018.
- Former Chief Justice of Bombay High Court, Justice Manjula Chellur was appointed as the Chairperson of the Appellate Tribunal for Electricity (APTEL) on August 13, 2018.
- Justice Vijaya Kamlesh Tahilramani was on August 12, 2018 sworn in as the Chief Justice of the Madras High Court by Governor Banwarilal Purohit at a ceremony at the Raj Bhavan, Tamil Nadu.
- International Youth Day was observed on 12 August, 2018. The theme of 2018 was “Safe Spaces for Youth”.
- Former Lok Sabha speaker Somnath Chatterjee passed away on August 13, 2018 morning after suffering a heart attack at a hospital in Kolkata, West Bengal.
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!