Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the Daily One Liner Current Affairs 13 April 2018. These are important for revision.
- Yes Bank has announced the launch of first ever ‘Yes GST’, an OD (over draft) facility for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs). Through this an MSME can avail OD up to Rs 1 crore, based on their annual turnover, backed by GST returns. Any additional assessment of balance sheet or bank statements will not be required
- The National Highways Authority of India on April 12, 2018 signed an agreement for upgradation of Yagyi – Kalewa section of highway in Myanmar to two lanes with earthen shoulder. The first International project of NHAI will be funded by the Union Ministry of External Affairs and will be executed on EPC mode at a cost of Rs 1177 crores.
- Boeing India on Aril 12, 2018 signed MoU with Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL), and Mahindra Defence Systems (MDS) at the Defence Expo 2018 to manufacture Super Hornet fighter aircraft in India.
- Global networking giant Cisco on April 12, 2018 launched the ‘Blueprint for Digital Education’ to skill students in technologies like Big Data analytics, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Cyber Security.
- President Ram Nath Kovind and his Zambian counterpart Edgar Chagwa Lungu on April 12, 2018 laid the foundation stone of Lusaka traffic Decongestion Project in Zambia.
- NBCC (India) Ltd., the Navratna Central Public Sector Enterprise (CPSE) under the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, on Thursday signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Skill Development Institute (SDI) Bhubaneswar, for the construction of the institute.
- Mahatma Gandhi’s Dandi March will be the theme of Sabarmati Station in Ahmedabad which will be the terminating station of the proposed high-speed rail corridor between Mumbai-Ahmedabad, a senior official said today.
- Rajnath Singh, the Union Home Minister, on April 13, 2018 launched the e-Foreigners Regional Registration Office (e-FRRO) Scheme, a web-based application.
- The state cabinet of Haryana on April 12, 2018 approved the Slum-In-Situ Rehabilitation Policy to provide housing facility to the slum dwellers in the state without making them relocate to other areas. The cabinet was chaired by the state’s Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar.
- The Union Government on April 12, 2018 announced to constitute a Task Force under the Chairmanship of Jayant Sinha, Minister of State for Civil Aviation, for fast-tracking the roll-out of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) technology.
- Consumer goods major Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL) announced that its Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Managing Director (MD), Sanjiv Mehra, will take over as the Chairman and MD of the company.
- A new United Nations trust fund on road safety launched Thursday, in a bid to address the growing number of road traffic injuries and deaths in developing countries.
- Veena Sahajwalla, an Indian-origin scientist in Australia, launched the world’s first microfactory that can transform electronic waste items such as smartphones and laptops into valuable materials for re-use.
- National Awards 2018 announced. Sridevi won the best actress award and Riddhi Sen won the best actor award. Vinod Khanna was conferred with Dadasaheb Phalke Award.
Average rating / 5. Vote count: