Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the important Daily One Liner Current Affairs 12 July 2018. These are important for the upcoming SBI PO & SBI Clerk Exams.
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) is contemplating implementing a ‘Snapchat model’ for facilitating listing of Indian startups.
- After being mired in controversy for a long time after an RBI order that prevented it from onboarding new customers, Airtel Payments Bank received requisite approvals from the central bank to start signing up new accounts, the company stated on Thursday.
- India on July 11, 2018 formally became the 69th shareholder of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), paving the way for more joint investment with Indian companies across the bank’s regions of operation.
- India was ranked 57th in the latest Global Innovation Index (GII) rankings, which were released in New York on July 10, 2018. Globally, Switzerland continued to hold its number one position.
- Aiming to combat and prevent crimes like molestation, eve-teasing and make public places safer for women, the Kolkata Police on July 11, 2018 launched a special all-women patrolling team called “The Winners“.
- The Maharashtra government has come out with a detailed policy for senior citizens that lists the concessions and benefits they are entitled to.
- The Goa Cabinet on July 11, 2018 approved Information Technology policy 2018 which focuses on reverse migration and creation of around 10,000 jobs in the next five years.
- The Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, inaugurated Dharohar Bhawan – the new Headquarters building of the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI), – at Tilak Marg in New Delhi on July 12, 2018.
- Union Law & Justice Mister Ravi Shankar Prasad visited the United Kingdom from 6-10 July, 2018 at the invitation of David Gauke, Secretary of State for Justice, UK.
- The Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs has launched a ‘Technology Challenge: Identifying solutions for cleaning of Sewerage Systems and Septic Tanks’ to promote suitable techniques for cleaning sewers and septic tanks.
- The Union Home Ministry has instituted five Police Medals to promote professionalism and excellence in service and give recognition to the security personnel doing good work in stressful environment and in difficult areas.
- US President Donald Trump has shocked his NATO allies at a summit in Brussels by demanding that members double their defence spending commitments.
- The Sri Lankan Cabinet has unanimously approved a move to bring back capital punishment for drug-related crimes, paving way for the resumption of death penalty after nearly 40 years.
- Malala Day was observed on 12 July, 2018.