Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the important Daily One Liner Current Affairs 11 October 2018. These are important for the upcoming Indian Bank PO, NIACL Assistant and IBPS PO and Clerk 2018 Exams.
Daily One Liner Current Affairs 11 October 2018 for Bank, SSC and Competitive Exams
Non-financial One Liner Current Affairs
- The Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) of the NITI Aayog and the IBM India Private Limited on October 11, 2018 announced a first-of-its-kind Student Internship Programme for students selected under the mission.
- Two people have been killed in Andhra Pradesh’s Srikakulam as cyclone Titli uprooted trees and electric poles and damaged hutments in the region and in Odisha’s Ganjam and Gajapati districts after making landfall on October 11, 2018.
- In a first, the Central Government notified the minimum environmental flows for River Ganga that has to be maintained at various locations on the river.
- Prime Minister of Japan, Shinzo Abe offered his Government’s support to the Swachh Bharat Mission.
- President Ram Nath Kovind will inaugurate the 13th Annual Convention of Central Information Commission (CIC) on October 12, 2018.
- The Union Home Ministry advised the Chandigarh Administration to follow the notification issued by Delhi Government giving an exemption to Sikh women from wearing protective headgear (helmet) while driving two wheelers in UT Chandigarh.
- The inaugural ‘Workshop on Best Practices in International Arbitration’ was organised by NITI Aayog and the ICC International Court of Arbitration in New Delhi on October 10, 2018.
- The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) recently launched the ‘India for Humanity’ initiative.
- The World Bank Group unveiled a new system on October 11 to rank countries based on their success in developing human capital, an effort to prod governments to invest more effectively in education and healthcare. India ranked 115 in the index.
- According to the 2018 Henley Passport Index, the Japanese passport is the strongest in the world. India’s rank remained same with 81 in the ranking.
- Senior Advocate Tushar Mehta was on October 10, 2018 appointed as the Solicitor General of India with effect from the date of assumption of charge of the office for a period till June 30, 2020 or until further orders.
- The government on Thursday extended by one year the tenure of Bank of Baroda managing director and chief executive officer P.S. Jayakumar.
- Technology giant Microsoft Corporation and former cricketer Anil Kumble’s technology startup, Spektacom Technologies, along with broadcast partner Star India, announced the launch of a batting performance tracking device called Power Bat.
- Pistol shooter Saurabh Chaudhary bagged the Gold Medal in the 10-metre air pistol event in the ongoing Youth Olympic Games in Argentina.
- Archer Harvinder Singh clinched seventh gold for India in the men’s individual recurve category, while track-and-field athletes added a silver and a bronze to India’s tally in the Asian Para-Games in Jakarta.
- The International Day of the Girl Child was observed across the world on October 11, 2018. The 2018 theme of the International day is ‘With Her: A Skilled GirlForce’.
- Malaysian government agrees to abolish the death penalty.
- Veteran environmentalist, a professor of engineering and a Hindu ascetic, G D Agrawal, fasting in protest to save river Ganga for more than four months in Haridwar passed away on October 11.
Financial One Liner Current Affairs
- The World Economic Forum on Thursday announced its new Centre for the Fourth Industrial Revolution in India, which would aim to bring together the government and business leaders to pilot emerging technology policies.