Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the Daily One Liner Current Affairs 11 April 2018. These are important for revision.
- Department of Defence Production Secretary Ajay Kumar on Wednesday announced the creation of a dedicated defence and aerospace small and medium enterprises (SME) fund, registered with the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), where a minority stake could be taken by investors.
- In line with the efforts to indigenise the defence sector under the ‘Make in India’ initiative, Larsen & Toubro (L&T), India’s multinational engineering conglomerate, and Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL), a leading public sector enterprise in defence electronics and tactical systems, signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on Wednesday to cater to the needs of evolving domestic and export markets for defence products and systems.
- UPS on Wednesday inaugurated a larger integrated logistics facility in Ahmedabad to support businesses and SMEs (small and medium enterprises) in Gujarat looking to expand trade with the global marketplace.
- Cyient, a provider of engineering design, manufacturing, geo-spatial, networks and operations management services to global industry leaders and Israel-based BlueBird Aero Systems, a leader in design, development, and production of micro, mini, and small tactical Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) announced a joint venture to offer field-proven UAV systems to Indian defence, paramilitary, security, and police forces.
- India and World Expo 2020 signed participants’ contract on April 10, 2018 for India’s pavilion in the World Expo 2020 which will be held in Dubai.
- An Indian consortium comprising IOCL, BPCL and HPCL on April 11, 2018 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Saudi Aramco, the world’s largest oil producer. Under the agreement, Saudi Aramco has taken 50 per cent stake in a planned USD 44-billion refinery-cum-petrochemical project in Maharashtra. The move will provide the Saudi Arabian company with an assured customer for additional 30 million tonnes of its crude oil.
- The first meeting of NITI Forum for Northeast outlined five development missions for promoting sectors like horticulture, tourism and food processing. These development projects in the region will be based on the concept of ‘HIRA’ which stands for Highways, Internet ways, Railways and Airways.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on April 10, 2018 addressed the National Convention of Swachhagrahis at Motihari, Bihar. The meeting was organized as a part of the centenary celebrations of the Champaran Satyagraha.
- The Supreme Court ruled on April 11, 2018 that the Chief Justice of India (CJI) is the ‘first among equals’ and has the constitutional authority to decide allocation of cases and setting up of benches to hear them.
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is all set to launch first privately built satellite IRNSS-1L, the backup navigation satellite with a new atomic clock
- The 10th edition of a DefExpo India- 2018, a biennial exhibition of weapons and military hardware, began at Tiruvidanthal, Kancheepuram in Tamil Nadu on April 11, 2018. The tag line of DefExpo this year is “‘India: The Emerging Defence Manufacturing Hub” to showcase India’s capability in export of defence systems and components.
- The 16th International Energy Forum (IEF) ministerial meeting began in New Delhi, India on April 10, 2018. It would conclude on April 12.
- Inspector General Vijay Chafekar was on April 11, 2018 appointed as the new Flag Officer of Indian Coast Guard (West Region).
- Chandra Shekhar Ghosh was re-appointed as Managing Director and CEO of Bandhan Bank for a period of three years with effect from July 10, 2018.
- Jet Airways today appointed former Civil Aviation Secretary Ashok Chawla as an independent director on its board.
- The Day 7 of Commonwealth Games 2018 started with Indian shooter Om Prakash Mitharwal bagging the Bronze in the finals of the men’s 50m Pistol event. This was followed by an exemplary performance by Indian shooter Shreyasi Singh, who shot her career-best score to clinch the gold medal in the women’s double trap final.
- The first international conference on ‘Water, Environment and Climate Change: Knowledge Sharing and Partnership’ was inaugurated in Kathmandu, Nepal on April 10, 2018.
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!