Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the important Daily One Liner Current Affairs 10 October 2018. These are important for the upcoming Indian Bank PO, NIACL Assistant and IBPS PO and Clerk 2018 Exams.
Daily One Liner Current Affairs 10 October 2018 for Bank, SSC and Competitive Exams
Financial One Liners Current Affairs
- IndusInd Bank today launched the IndusInd Bank Duo Card which is India’s first 2 EMV chip debit cum credit card. This two-in-one Duo Card with two Magnetic Stripes & 2 EMV Chips brings the functionalities of both debit and credit cards to the Indian consumer, on one plastic.
- ICICI Bank Ltd. today announced a multi-year partnership with the Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation (BMC) and Bhubaneswar Smart City Limited (BSCL) to launch a Common Payment Card System (CPCS) which will help citizens use a single payment option for their multi-purpose city-level usage.
- State Bank of India will increase its portfolio purchase of loans from non-banking finance companies (NBFCs) this year as it looks to provide the much needed liquidity to the funds starved sector, and simultaneously fulfil its priority-sector obligations.
- The 29th Accountants General conference was inaugurated by President Ram Nath Kovind in New Delhi on October 10, 2018. The two-day conference is being organised by the Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
- The Maharashtra government on October 9,2 018 gave administrative approval of Rs 1,610 crore for the Tarli Irrigation Project in the state’s Satara district.
Non-financial One Liner Current Affairs
- The Indian Air Force launched an innovative mobile health application called ‘MedWatch’ on October 8, 2018, on the occasion of its 86th anniversary. It was launched by Air Chief Marshal BS Dhanoa, Chief of the Air Staff.
- Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat flagged off the test run of the state’s first electric bus on October 9, 2018.
- A Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV), designed and developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), was on October 9, 2018 inducted into the Pune police on an experimental basis to help in detection and disposal of bombs.
- The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on October 10, 2018 approved the merger of the National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT) and the National Skill Development Agency (NSDA) to establish the National Council for Vocational Education and Training (NCVET).
- The largest home grown private equity firm ChrysCapital Advisors LLP has hired former SBI chairperson Arundhati Bhattacharya as an advisor.
- Indian-American Nikki Haley on October 9, 2018 resigned as the United States Ambassador to the United Nations.
- The Rabindranath Tagore Memorial Auditorium built with Indian grant assistance of 30 crore Sri Lankan rupees was dedicated to the people of Sri Lanka in a special function on October 9, 2018.
- The World Mental Health Day was observed by the World Health Organisation (WHO) on October 10, 2018 with the theme ‘Young People and Mental Health in a Changing World’.