Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the Daily One Liner Current Affairs 10 April 2018. These are important for revision.
- The SBI has announced the launch of its UK subsidiary, SBI (UK) Limited, with an initial capital commitment of 225 million pounds from its parent entity.
- Fitch Ratings on Tuesday downgraded the Viability Rating of the Punjab National Bank (PNB) to ‘bb-‘ from ‘bb’ and maintained the rating on Rating Watch Negative (RWN) following a multi-crore fraud involving diamond trader Nirav Modi.
- Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) has charted a plan to promote micro-enterprises in 115 aspirational districts across the country to contribute to their development.
- India and Bangladesh on April 9, 2018 signed an agreement to set up a 129.5 km oil pipeline aimed at pumping oil from India to Bangladesh with a capacity of 1 million metric tons per annum.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on April 10, 2018 launched India’s first 12,000 horsepower electric locomotive from Madhepura locomotive factory of Bihar. This all-electric high-speed locomotive was made with the help of French company Alstom under ‘Make In India’ Project at Madhepura Rail Loco factory of Bihar.
- The Madhya Pradesh Tourism Board (MPTB) has reportedly created a land bank with the aim of giving a major boost to tourism in the state.
- The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) on April 9, 2018 launched ‘Project Dhoop’, which is an initiative aimed at shifting the school assembly time to noon to ensure maximum absorption of Vitamin D in students through natural sunlight.
- The state government of Haryana has launched water ATM policy to provide clean drinking water at public places to the people of the state.
- The historic event of 8th Theatre Olympics concluded on April 9, 2018 in Mumbai after a glorious run of 51 days across 17 cities of India. Devendra Fadnavis, Maharashtra Chief Minister, was the Chief Guest at the closing ceremony. Nana Patekar were Guests of Honour at the closing ceremony of the event.
- A two-day scientific convention was inaugurated in New Delhi on April 10, 2018, on the occasion of the World Homeopathy Day.
- The Day 6 of Commonwealth Games 2018 started with a high for India with Indian ace shooter Heena clinching the gold medal in women’s 25m pistol event.
- India’s teen shooter Manu Bhaker grabbed the gold medal in the women’s 10m air pistol gold medal by shattering the games record at the 21st Commonwealth Games on April 8, 2018. Senior Indian shooter and former world no. 1, Heena Sidhu bagged silver at the event.
- Global software major Wipro’s Chief Strategy Officer Rishad Premji has been appointed the new Nasscom Chairman for 2018-19, said the Indian IT industry’s apex body on Tuesday.
- M Mahender Reddy, who has so far been in-charge Director-General of Police, was on Monday appointed as full-time DGP of the state.
- British multinational banking and financial services company Standard Chartered Bank announced the appointment of Sachin Gupte as its new Head of Human Resources (HR) in India.
- The Delhi airport jumped from the 22nd rank in 2016 to the 16th rank, as passenger traffic grew by 14.1 per cent to 63.45 million solidifying its status as one of the fastest growing airports in the world for passenger traffic, as per the Airports Council International (ACI).
- The first group of China’s Yaogan–31 remote sensing satellites was launched into space on April 10, 2018.
- Around 1200 year-old Buddhist cliff carvings have been found in Tibet that may offer a glimpse into Buddhist art and local history.
- The Governor of Oregon state, Kate Brown said on April 9, 2018 that she has signed the Net Neutrality bill, which bans Internet operators from offering paid prioritisation services to customers, into law.
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!