Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the important Daily One Liner Current Affairs 1 October 2018. These are important for the upcoming Indian Bank PO, NIACL Assistant and IBPS PO and Clerk 2018 Exams.
Daily One Liner Current Affairs 1 October 2018 for Bank, SSC and Competitive Exams
Financial One Liner Current Affairs
- The Reserve Bank announced on October 1, 2018 that it will inject Rs 36000 crore into the system through purchase of government bonds in October to meet the festival season demand for funds.
- Assam Government has become the first Indian state to offer a Wage Compensation Scheme for pregnant women working in the tea gardens of the state. The scheme was launched by Assam Chief Minister Sarbanand Sonowal on October 1, 2018 in Guwahati.
- Gram Sabhas across the country have been asked to inform farmers about the benefits of the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY) at the beginning of the Rabi Season.
- The National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) on Monday granted permission to the government for superseding debt-ridden Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services Limited’s (IL&FS) Board.
Non-financial One Liner Current Affairs
- The Uttarakhand High Court on September 28, 2018 directed the state government to provide reservation to transgenders in educational institutions and public appointments.
- India and Uzbekistan have decided to further deepen ties in various fields including security and defence.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and French President Emmanuel Macron would receive the United Nation’s highest environment honour Champions of The Earth Award on October 3 for their exemplary leadership and advocate action on sustainable development and climate change, officials said.
- Canada on September 30, 2018 agreed to sign a trade deal with the United States and Mexico, revamping the North American Free Trade Agreement after almost a year of negotiations.
- India-born economist Gita Gopinath on Monday appointed as chief economist of International Monetary Fund.
- The 8th Asian Yoga Sports Championship was organised by Asian Yoga Federation in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala from September 27, 2018. The event was formally inaugurated by Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan.
- The Nobel Assembly at Karolinska Institutet on October 1, 2018 awarded the 2018 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine jointly to James P. Allison and Tasuku Honjo “for their discovery of cancer therapy by inhibition of negative immune regulation”.
- The World Habitat Day was observed across the world on October 1, 2018, that is the first Monday of October 2018, with the Theme, Municipal Solid Waste Management.
- The International Day of Older Persons was observed across the world on October 1, 2018. The day’s theme this year is, ‘Celebrating Older Human Rights champions’.