Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the important Daily One Liner Current Affairs 1 November 2018. These are important for the upcoming Indian Bank PO, NIACL Assistant and IBPS PO and Clerk 2018 Exams.
Daily One Liner Current Affairs 1 November 2018 for Bank, SSC and Competitive Exams
Financial One Liner Current Affairs
- Kirloskar Capital, the non-banking financial company, has received the Reserve Bank of India’s licence for its lending business. The move assumes significance at a time when the whole non-banking sector has been going through a crisis of confidence.
- Revenue collections under the Goods and Services Tax (GST) crossed the Rs 1 lakh crore mark in October, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley said on Thursday.
- The Financial Stability and Development Council, FSDC, held a meeting in New Delhi on Tuesday which was presided over by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley.
- India-based banking group ICICI Bank announced on Thursday the launch of its instant digital credit facility, PayLater, which was created to enable customers small-ticket ticket items immediately in a completely digital and paperless manner.
Non-financial One Liner Current Affairs
- India’s first indigenous microprocessor ‘Shakti’, designed, developed and booted by Indian Institute of Technology Madras, and with a microchip fabricated in the Semi-Conductor Laboratory of Indian Space Research Organisation (Isro) at Chandigarh, will reduce dependency on imported microchips and the risk of cyber attacks making it ideal for communication and defence sectors.
- Armies of India and Japan began their first-ever joint military exercise on November 1 at a jungle warfare school in Mizoram’s Vairengte with a focus on strengthening counter-terror cooperation, officials said.
- India and Botswana on Thursday strongly condemned against terrorism and agreed to take determined and credible steps to eradicate the global menace.
- Railway passengers can now book unreserved general tickets online from today (November 1).
- The Minister of State for Tourism, KJ Alphons along with a delegation of senior officials attended the 109th session of United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) Executive Council in Manama, Bahrain.
- The Supreme Court on October 31, 2018 ruled that a live-in partner can seek maintenance under the Domestic Violence Act, 2005.
- Satyajit Ray’s epic masterpiece film ‘Pather Panchali’ has been included in BBC’s 100 best foreign language films list.
- The Kingdom of Netherlands will be the Partner Country for the 25th DST – CII Technology Summit.
- The Andhra Pradesh government on Tuesday decided to launch an awareness drive about the precautionary measures to prevent spread of swine flu in the backdrop of likelihood of higher occurrence of the seasonal influenza due to onset of winter.
- The Cabinet has approved the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding between India and South Korea.
- The Union Cabinet, chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday, was informed about two memoranda signed with Russia last month.
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) appointed senior IPS officer S S Deswal as Director General of Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP).
- Lieutenant General P.S. Rajeshwar on Thursday took over as the 12th Chief of Integrated Defence Staff.
- The World Cities Day was observed across the world on October 31, 2018.
- A ‘Clean Air Week’ campaign would be organised during November 1-5, 2018 in collaboration with the Government of Delhi and the four major NCR cities to control the air pollution.