Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the Daily One Liner Current Affairs 1 May 2018. These are important for revision.
- The Centre on Tuesday stated that the revenue collected towards Goods and Services Tax (GST) for the month of April 2018, surpassed the Rs trillion mark.
- Mahindra and Mahindra (M&M) has signed a share subscription agreement to acquire up to 10 per cent share capital of Canada’s IT firm Resson Aerospace Corporation for up to CAD 6.63 million to be paid in cash.
- Larsen & Toubro, India’s leading engineering, technology and construction conglomerate on Tuesday signed, subject to regulatory approvals, definitive agreements with Schneider Electric, a global player in energy management and automation, for strategic divestment of its Electrical and Automation (E&A) business for an all-cash consideration of Rs 14,000 crore.
- Indian and Chinese armies held a special border personnel meeting in Leh’s Chushul sector to mark the Labour Day.
- The 15th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas will be held in the holy city of Varanasi in January 2019, giving a chance to the Indian diaspora to participate in Kumbha Snan and attend the Republic Day parade in New Delhi.
- Former Karnataka Chief Secretary Subhash Chandra Khuntia, a 1981-batch Indian Administrative Services (IAS) has been appointed as Chairman of Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDA).
- Hockey India on Tuesday appointed Harendra Singh as chief coach of the men’s side, while men’s coach Sjoerd Marijne was re-designated the women’s coach in an inexplicable rejigging of roles by Hockey India following the medal-less show at the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games last month.
- M B Verma, Scientific Officer H assumed the charge of Director, Atomic Minerals Directorate for Exploration and Research (AMD), Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) on Tuesday.
- Kavinder Gupta, who resigned as the Speaker of Jammu and Kashmir Assembly on April 29, 2018, was sworn-in as the Deputy Chief Minister of Jammu and Kashmir, replacing BJP colleague Nirmal Singh.
- Armour Day is celebrated by the Armoured Corps of #IndianArmy on 1st May every year to commemorate the commencement of mechanisation of the Indian Cavalry Regiments.
- International Labour Day is celebrated across the world on 1st May to promote and encourage the international labour associations. The theme of International Labour Day 2018 is “Uniting Workers for Social and Economic Advancement”.
- World Asthma Day 2018 was observed today around the world. Globally it is celebrated every year on First Tuesday in May. The theme for 2018 it is ‘Allergy and Asthma’ – dedicated to the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of asthma.
- The world’s first AI-composed (artificial intelligence) anthem dedicated to a city, titled ‘Ode to Dubai’, was unveiled at the ongoing Internet of Things Expo (IoTX) at the Dubai World Trade Centre (DWTC) on Tuesday.
- United States President Donald Trump on Monday has announced May to be observed as National Mental Health Awareness Month.
- Eminent Marxist economist and politician, and former finance minister of West Bengal, Ashok Mitra, died at age 89 on Tuesday. His wife, Gouri, had passed away in 2008.