Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the important Daily One Liner Current Affairs 1 July 2018. These are important for the upcoming SBI PO & SBI Clerk Exams.
Get all other important Current Affairs and PDFs from here:
- Download Monthly Expected Questions from Current Affairs.
- Click here to view Current Affairs of June.
- Click here to view Expected Banking Awareness Questions.
- Download Banking Awareness and Stock GK Questions asked in Bank Exams 2017-2018
- Union minister Arun Jaitley said today there was an increase of 18 per cent in direct taxes collection last year due to the Goods and Services Tax or GST and demonetisation. In the last four years of NDA government, there has been an increase of 1.5 per cent in overall taxes, the minister said.
- In a major fillip to the startup ecosystem in the state, the Kerala Startup Mission (KSUM) and YES Bank will join hands to provide a host of startup-focused corporate and commercial banking services.
- Germany’s Thyssenkrupp and India’s Tata Steel signed a final agreement on Saturday to establish a long-expected steel joint venture, the European steel industry’s biggest shake-up in more than a decade.
- India has moved up to 73rd place in terms of money parked by its citizens and companies with Swiss banks, while the UK remains on the top.
- In a step towards the inclusion of the transgender community into mainstream society, Sathyasri Sharmila became India’s first transgender lawyer.
- IAS officer Alka Tiwari has been appointed as secretary in the anti-corruption watchdog CVC as part of a major senior-level bureaucratic reshuffle effected by the Centre.
- The Central Government has notified the appointment Patna High Court judge, Ajay Kumar Tripathi as Chief Justice of the Chhattisgarh High Court.
- Justice Thottathil B Nair Radhakrishnan has been appointed as chief justice of the Hyderabad high court.
- CIMON, a small robot endowed with artificial intelligence (AI) launched on a two-day trip to the International Space Station aboard SpaceX’s Dragon cargo capsule. No other AI-equipped machine has ever flown to space before, project team members said.
- GST Day observed on July 1
- National Doctors’ Day observed on July 1
- Van Mahotsav kicked off on July 1
- Australia defeated India in the final match of 2018 Men’s Hockey Champions Trophy.
- Aiming to foster love for the nature and raise awareness about its protection among children, the WWF-India has launched its first-ever comic book “The Great Indian Nature Trail with Uncle Bikky “ that also celebrates the geographical diversity of the country.