Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here is the Daily One Liner Current Affairs of January 1 2018.
Non-financial One Liner Current Affairs
- The Assam government on 31 December 2017 night published the much-awaited draft of the National Register of Citizens (NRC), recognising the names of 1.9 crore people out of a total of 3.29 crore applicants as legal citizens of India. The rest of the names of applicants continued to remain “under various stages of verification” and are likely to be recognised in the final draft.
- The entire Nagaland has been declared as “disturbed area” for six more months, till June-end, under the controversial AFSPA, which empowers security forces to conduct operations anywhere and arrest anyone without any prior notice.
- Aiming to make data repository robust, the Union Health Ministry on Monday launched the Allied and Health care Professional Database which will help the government to track the number of professionals and streams of allied and health care professions in the country.
- Vijay Gokhale, who as envoy in Beijing played a key role in the resolution of the Doklam stand-off with China, was on Monday named the new Foreign Secretary to replace S. Jaishankar who retires this month.
- Pankaj Jain, Joint Secretary in the Department of Financial Services (DFS), has assumed charge as the Managing Director of India Infrastructure Finance Company Ltd (IIFCL).
- Shooter Shahzar Rizvi ended a brilliant 2017 by winning the Men’s 10m Air Pistol Gold at the 61st National Shooting Championship (NSCC), at the Karni Singh Shooting Range here on Sunday.
- Vidarbha claimed their maiden Ranji Trophy after beating Delhi by nine wickets in the final of the country’s premier domestic tournament.
- The Ministry of Sports & Youth Affairs has chosen Star Sports as its broadcast and production partner for the upcoming Khelo India School Games for five years.
- In a major step towards its “AI first” dream, Google has developed a text-to-speech artificial intelligence (AI) system that will confuse you with its human-like articulation. The tech giant’s text-to-speech system called “Tacotron 2” delivers an AI-generated computer speech that almost matches with the voice of humans, technology news website Inc.com reported.
Financial One Liner Current Affairs
- Professionals carrying out asset valuations under Companies Act and Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code will have to get themselves registered with Insolvency Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) from April to conduct such activities, an official statement said today.
- The Maharashtra government on 1 January, 2018 made a ₹14,240-crore allocation for the farm loan waiver scheme and for repayment to farmers whose produce was purchased by the State.
Read the detailed current affairs from here.