Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the Daily One Liner Current Affairs 1 April 2018. These are important for revision.
- Government has extended the dates for indefinite period for linking Aadhaar and Permanent Account number (PAN) with bank accounts of account hold
- The Kerala Blockchain Academy (KBA) of the Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management-Kerala (IIITM-K) has become the first Indian institution to be granted membership by Hyperledger project hosted by Linux Foundation.
- Uttar Pradesh Khadi and Village Industry minister Satyadeo Pachauri has said the state government would provide loan of Rs 378 crore to entrepreneurs for setting up 20,000 micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME) in the state under the prime minister employment creation scheme.
- India overtook China and Spain to emerge as the world’s largest consumer of the almond nut in recent times.
- India is now the second largest mobile phone producer in the world after China, as per information shared by the Indian Cellular Association with telecom minister Manoj Sinha and IT minister Ravi Shankar Prasad.
- Chittaranjan Locomotive Works became the largest electric loco producer in the world under single roof.
- Mumbai Police announced on Twitter that they are first in the country to have eight women officers as police station in-charge.
- Surat becomes the first district in the country to have 100 per cent solar powered Primary Health Centers (PHC). All 52 PHCs in the district are now powered by a solar system.
- After the GSAT-6A satellite launch on March 29, ISRO had been a little quiet on further information about its progress. It confirmed on Sunday that it had lost contact with the satellite and were doing their best to fix the communication channels.
- The warning and the information is from a unique three-minute broadcast on an FM radio channel that the Jharkhand forest department started to check growing man-elephant conflicts in the state. This special elephant bulletin — called Hamar Haathi, Hamar Saathi or My Elephant, My Friend, was aired at 4.30pm on Sunday.
- Tata Global Beverages on Wednesday announced the appointment of Bollywood actor Deepika Padukone as its brand ambassador for Tetley Green Tea.
- Kerala defeated defending Champions Bengal 4-2 on penalties after the full-time scoreline read 2-2 to win the 72nd Hero Santosh Trophy at the Vivekananda Yuvabharati Krirangan in the city on Sunday.
- Organised for the first time in the 14000 ft high Chansal Pass of Shimla district, Indian Army men won the three-day International Snow world championship ended on Sunday.
- ‘Dev Saab- A journey with the legend Dev Anand’, devoted to friendship with the legendary actor Dev Anand, was launched here on Saturday. The book launch by Suneil Anand, son of Dev Anand, and author Vijay Kumar saw a pouring in of crowds coming to pay tribute to the legend.
- Odisha Day or Utkal Diwas celebrated in Odisha on 1 April 2018.