Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the Daily One Liner Current Affairs 1 and 2 September 2018 for upcoming IBPS RRB and PO, Indian Bank PO and NIACL Assistant Exams.
Daily One Liner Current Affairs 1 and 2 September 2018
- The Indian Prime Minister, Narendra Modi on September 1, 2018 launched the India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) at Talkatora Stadium in New Delhi. The initiative seeks to leverage the expansive network of the postal department to ensure financial inclusion for the masses.
- India and Singapore Saturday launched the next round of review for their existing free trade agreement with a view to further boost bilateral trade and investments between the countries, the commerce ministry said.
- The US-India Business Council (USIBC), a top American business advocacy group, to showcase the positive impact of the US-India relationship and focus on future opportunities for companies in the two nations.
- Pranab Mukherjee, the former President of India, has inaugurated projects under Smartgram Yojana in Haryana yesterday.
- Union Minister for Women and Child Development, Maneka Sanjay Gandhi, along with Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on August 31, 2018 inaugurated the widows’ home ‘Krishna Kutir’ at Vrindavan, Uttar Pradesh.
- India and Nepal on August 31, 2018 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on conducting a preliminary survey of a railway line connecting Indian border town Raxaul to Nepal’s capital Kathmandu.
- The Uttarakhand High Court on August 30, 2018 declared fatwas as unconstitutional and illegal.
- The Law Commission has floated a Consultation Paper on family law reform. The paper discusses a range of provisions within all family laws, secular or personal and suggests a number of changes in the form of potential amendments and fresh enactments.
- Binoy Kumar took over as Secretary, Ministry of Steel, Government of India, on Saturday, September 1, 2018.
- Senior most Supreme Court judge Ranjan Gogoi is all set to be appointed as the new Chief Justice of India.