Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the important Daily Current Affairs 7th June 2019. These are important for the upcoming LIC AAO 2019, SBI PO/ Clerk 2019 Exams. Candidates those who were preparing for the examination can use this current affairs and also you can download the same as PDF.
Daily Current Affairs 7th June 2019
7th Days – World Food Safety Day
- 7th June 2019 celebrated as first ever World Food Safety Day.
- It was adopted by United Nations General Assembly in December 2018 under the theme ‘Food Safety Everyone’s Business.
- The objective to celebrate this day is to end hunger, all forms of malnutrition, to prevent disease and improve health and wellbeing.
- It is a move towards sustainable practices of consumption and production.
- World Food and Safety Day will be facilitated by World Health Organisation (WHO) in collaboration with Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO).
- WHO – Establishment (7th April 1948) HQ (Geneva, Switzerland) Head( Tedros Adhanom)
- FAO- Establishment (16th October 1945) HQ (Rome, Italy) Head(José Graziano da Silva)
Culture Minister to inaugurate exhibition-‘Unknown masterpieces of Himachal Folk Art’
- Culture Minister Prahalad Singh Patel will inaugurate the exhibition titled ‘Unknown Masterpieces of Himachal Folk Art’ at National Museum in New Delhi today.
- The aim of the exhibition is to highlight the Folk art tradition of Himachal Pradesh.
- This Exhibition is being jointly organized by the National Museum and Home of Folk Art.
- This show will run till July 31, will pay a tribute to K.C. Aryan, founder of the Museum of Folk, Tribal, and Neglected Art.
EAM S Jaishankar to embark on two-day visit to Bhutan today
- External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar will embark on a two-day visit to Bhutan from today.
- Mr Jaishankar will meet Bhutanese Prime Minister Lotay Tshering and meet his counterpart Tandi Dorji.
- PM Modi approves reconstitution of NITI Aayog
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved the reconstitution of National Institution for Transforming India, NITI Aayog.
- Chairperson – PM Narendra Modi
- CEO – Amitabh Kant (term is ending on 30th june)
- Vice- Chairman – Rajiv Kumar
- Ex-Officio Members – V K Saraswat, Ramesh Chand and Dr V K Paul will be the full-time members of the NITI Aayog. Defence Minister Rajnath Singh, Home Minister Amit Shah, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman and Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar
- Special invitees – Road, Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari, Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Thaawarchand Gehlot, Rail Minister Piyush Goyal and Statistics and Programme Implementation Minister Rao Inderjit Singh.
- PM Narendra Modi will chair the 5th meeting of NITI Aayog’s Governing Council on June 15 to discuss various issues related to water management, agriculture and security.
STATES IN NEWS
Gujarat launched India’s first emissions trading scheme to curb air pollution
- Gujarat CM Vijay Rupani launched Inida’s 1st emissions trading scheme to curb air pollution on the occasion of World Environment Day.
- This programme is market-based system is expected to slash air pollution at low cost for both govt and industry.
- Gujarat- Capital City (Gandhi Nagar) CM (Vijay Rupani) Governor (Om Prakash Kohli)
Delhi Metro becomes India’s first project to receive power from waste-to-energy
- The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has become the first ever project in the country to receive power generated from a waste-to-energy plant.
- The Delhi Metro has started receiving 2 MW power from a 12 MW capacity plant of a company in Ghazipur.
- This will be the first-ever attempt by any metro project in the country to procure and utilise energy from waste-to-energy plants and thus contribute towards ‘Swachh Bharat Mission’ and also help in creating awareness about the importance of waste management.
APPOINTMENT & RESIGNATIONS
Justice Dhirubhai Naranbhai Patel takes oath as new chief Justice of Delhi High Court
- Justice Dhirubhai Naranbhai Patel was sworn-in as Chief Justice of Delhi High Court.
- Earlier, Justice Patel was posted at the Jharkhand High Court.
- Lt Governor Anil Baijal administered the oath of office to Justice Patel at a function held at Raj Niwas, Delhi.
- Delhi- CM (Arvind Kejriwal-7th CM) Lt Governor (Anil Baijal)
FIFA re-elected Gianni Infantino as its President
- Gianni Infantino re-elected football’s international governing body FIFA president for four-year term until 2023.
- He was first elected in February 2016 after succeeding Sepp Blatter.
- FIFA – Founded at: Paris, France but Headquarters: Zürich, Switzerland
- President: Gianni Infantino
- Senior Vice-President: Salman Bin Ibrahim Al-Khalifa (AFC)
- Secretary General: Fatma Samoura
- 2019 & 2020 FIFA Club World Cup – Qatar (Host)
- 2020 FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup – India (Host)
- 2022 FIFA World Cup – Qatar (Host)
- 2026 FIFA World Cup – Canada, Mexico, US (Hosts)
- The 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup be the eighth edition of the FIFA Women’s World Cup, started in France.
Indian Army & Indian Air Force conducted a joint major Exercise
- Indian Air Force and Indian Army conducted a joint major exercise in Punjab.
- This join exercise named “Kharga Prahar’
- Chief of Army Staff – General Bipin Rawat
- Chief of Indian Air Force – Air Chief Marshal Birender Singh Dhanoa
- Chief of Naval Staff – Admiral Karambir Singh
Dinyar Contractor passed away
- Veteran Actor Dinyar Contractor passed away at an age of 79.
- The actor was best known for his comic roles in films and was awarded a Padma Shri, earlier this year.
Dr. Malcom John passed away
- Six time Grammy award winner Dr, Malcom John passed away at an age of 77.
- He was a singer and song writer.
In FIH Hockey Series Japan defeat Mexico
- International Hockey Federation (FIH) Men’s Hockey Series Finals match played at Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar.
- Japan defeated Mexico by a goal margin of 3 – 1.
- FIH – Founded (7 January 1924) Headquarters (Lausanne, Switzerland) President (Narinder Batra)
- CEO (Thierry Weil)
- Motto: FairPlay Friendship Forever
- Membership: 137 national associations
Sunil Chhetri becomes most capped India player
- Sunil Chhetri became the most capped India player by surpassing Bhaichung Bhutia’s 107 international matches.
- Sunil Chhetri was born on 03-08-1984 in Secunderabad in the state of Telangana, India. He is an Indian Football Player.
Download the Daily Current Affairs 7th June 2019 – Click Here
For More Daily Current Affairs – Click Here
Average rating / 5. Vote count: