Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the important Daily Current Affairs 6th June 2019. These are important for the upcoming LIC AAO 2019, SBI PO/ Clerk 2019 Exams. Candidates those who were preparing for the examination can use this current affairs and also you can download the same as PDF.
Daily Current Affairs 6th June 2019
Maharana Pratap Jayanti observed every year on 6th of June
- Maharana Pratap Jayanti is observed every year on 6 June to celebrate birth anniversary of brave Rajput warrior.
- This year (2019) marks his 479th birth anniversary.
- He was the 13th Rajput king of Mewar.
- Hardeep S Puri launched Swachh Survekshan 2020 League
Swachh Survekshan 2020 League in New Delhi
- Union Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Singh Puri launched Swachh Survekshan 2020 League in New Delhi.
- Swachh Survekshan 2020 is the 5th edition of the annual cleanliness survey of urban India to be conducted between January – February 2020.
- The league will be a quarterly cleanliness assessment of cities and towns in India.
- The objective of this survey is to encourage people to participate and take initiatives towards garbage free society & defecation free cities.
Union Housing and Urban Affairs Minister- Hardeep Singh Puri (Constituency –Rajya Sabha MP, UP)
Russia opens its first Arctic Train
- Russia inaugurated its first tourist train travelling through Russia’s Arctic region on to Norway set off from Saint Petersburg station.
- The train, named “Zarengold” (“The Tsars gold” in German) complete with two restaurant cars.
- The whole trip will take 11 days and allow passengers to discover areas difficult to access by other means.
- Russia hopes to become the top economic and military power in the Arctic, foreseeing new trading routes as global warming breaks up the glaciers.
- Russia (Capital/Currency) – Moscow/ Ruble
- President – Valadimir Putin
BUISNESS AND ECONOMY
RBI reduces repo rate by 25 basis points to 5.75 %
- The Reserve bank of India in its bi-monthly monetary policy review today reduced the repo rate by 25 basis points to 5.75 per cent from 6.0 per cent with immediate effect.
- Repo Rate – 5.75%
- Reverse Repo Rate – 5.50%
- Marginal Standing Facility (MSF) – 6%
- Bank Rate – 6%
- CRR- 4%
- SLR -19%
- RBI lowered the economic Growth forecast for the current fiscal to 7%
- The next meeting of the MPC is scheduled during August 5-7.
- Shaktikanta Das- 25th Governor of RBI
- HQ (Mumbai) Established (1st April 1935)
APPOINMENT & RESIGNATION
Mrutyunjay Mohapatra appointed as the Chief of India Meteorological Dept. (IMD)
- Mrutyunjay Mohapatra has been appointed as Director General of Meteorology, IMD for a period of five years.
- He will assume charge of the post on or after August 1, 2019.
- The IMD is responsible for weather and climate related forecasts for the country.
Azim Premji to retire as Executive Chairman of Wipro in July
- IT Industry icon Azim Premji will retire as Executive Chairman of Wipro with effect from 30th July this year. He led the company for 53 years.
- The company said in a statement that he will continue to serve on the board as Non-Executive Director and founder Chairman
Uttarakhand finance minister Prakash Pant passes away
- Prakash Pant, the Finance Minister of Uttarakhand passed away today.
- Governor Baby Rani Maurya, Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat and Speaker Premchand Aggarwal have condoled the death of Prakash Pant.
Brij Mohan Khaitan passed away
- Veteran Industrialist Brij Mohan Khaitan passed away at the age of 92.
- He was the patriarch of the Williamson Magor Group that deals in dry-cell battery, tea and engineering services.
- Mr. Khaitan got the Lifetime Achievement Award from the ICC in 2013.
Lennart Johansson passed away
- The Founder of Champions League, Lennart Johansson passed away at an age of 89.
- He was the former President of UEFA.
- He served UEFA from 1990 to 2007.
Download the Daily Current Affairs 6th June 2019 – Click Here
For More Daily Current Affairs – Click Here
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!