Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the important Daily Current Affairs 5th June 2019. These are important for the upcoming LIC AAO 2019, SBI PO/ Clerk 2019 Exams. Candidates those who were preparing for the examination can use this current affairs and also you can download the same as PDF.
Daily Current Affairs 5th June 2019
5th of June is observed as World Environment day
- World Environment is observed every year on 5th of June.
- It is an initiative by United Nations to effectively combat problems of environmental degradation.
- Every year, the UN marks a different focus to commemorate the day. The country hosting the main event for the year chooses the theme for World Environment day.
- In 2019, China is hosting the global World Environment Day celebrations on the theme, ‘Beat Air Pollution’.
- A special song named ‘Hawa Aane De’ is launched to celebrate this Environment day.
- The UN began observing the day in the year 1974.
- Note- 5th of June is also observed as International Day for the Fight against Illegal Unreported and Unregulated Fishing.
ISRO to launch Chandrayaan-2 between July 9-16
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is likely to launch India’s second spacecraft to the moon, ‘Chandrayaan-2’ between July 9 and July 16.
- They will launch GSLV Mark-III will launch Chandrayaan-2 from Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh.
- ISRO- Established (15th August 1969) Headquater(Bangalore) Director (K Sivan)
- Programs recently launched by ISRO- YUVIKA 2019(Young Scientist Program), SwS(Samwad with Students), UNNATI (UNispace Nanosatellite Asembly & Training by ISRO)
Thaawarchand Gehlot leaves for Buenos Aires to participate in 2nd Global Disability Summit
- Social Justice and Empowerment minister Thaawarchand Gehlot has left for Buenos Aires in Argentina to participate in 2nd Global Disability Summit.
- The objective of this summit is to find ways to empower people with disabilities and make them live an independent life.
- 1st Global Disability Summit’ held in London in July 2018.
- “2nd Global Disability Summi”t to be held at Buenos Aires, Argentina during 6-8 June 2019.
- Argentina (Capital/Currency)- Buenos Aires / Argentine Peso
- President of Argentina- Mauricio Macri
- Social Justice and Empowerment minister- Thaawarchand Gehlot (Constituency-Shajapur,MP)
Nirmala Sitharaman to attend G-20 Finance Ministers’ meeting in Japan
- G-20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors meet will begin in Fukuoka, Japan.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman will attend the event as her first overseas visit as a finance Minister of India.
- RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das will also visit the same with her.
- The G20 is an international forum for the governments and central bank governors from 19 countries and the European Union.
- Founded- 26th Sept 1999
- Chairperson- Shinzo Abe
STATES IN NEWS
Jharkhand CM Raghubar Das inaugurates Rs 55 crore Haj House
- On the eve of Eid-ul-Fitr, Jharkhand CM Raghubar Das inaugurated the Haj House in Ranchi.
- The five-storeyed Haj House is constructed according to Mughal architecture. Around 1,000 people can offer Namaz.
- It consists of a prayer room, Visa room, kitchen and VIP room. A total of 150 men and 80 women can stay at a time. It is centrally air-conditioned.
- Jharkhand- Capital City (Ranchi) CM (Raghubar Das) Governor (Drapadi Murmu)
Tamil Nadu Health System reform programme gets $287 mn loan from World Bank
- The central government, Tamil Nadu and the World Bank have signed a $287 million loan agreement for the state’s Health System Reform Programme.
- The objective is to reduce the burden of non-communicable diseases (NCDs), and fill equity gaps in reproductive and child health services.
- Tamil Nadu ranks third among all Indian states in the NITI Aayog Health Index.
- TamilNadu- Capital City(Chennai) CM(Edappadi K. Palaniswami) Governor(Banwarilal Purohit)
BUSINESS & ECONOMY UPDATES
L&T Financial unveils ‘Digital Sakhi’ programme in TN
- Larsen and Toubro Financial Services unveiled the Digital Sakhi programme in Tamil Nadu.
- It is an educational program aimed at training over 40,000 people on digital financial inclusion in Tamil Nadu.
- It is launched in two villages of Villupuram District in TN.
- A ‘Digital Sakhi’ is a rural woman with a digital device who is equipped with skills and knowledge to impart digital financial literacy training to others.
- L&T Financial said, over the last two years it has trained 200 women in Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh under the ‘Digital Sakhi’ programme.
World Bank retains India’s growth rate forecast for FY19-20 at 7.5%
- The World Bank retained its forecast of India’s growth rate at 7.5% for the current financial year 2019-20.
- World Bank also mentioned that growth rate is expected to remain the same for the next two fiscals.
- World Bank- Established (1944) HQ (Washington D.C US)
- Member- 189
- President- David Malpass (American)
- Nauru became the 189th member of WB & IMF
- Nauru (Capital/Currency) – Yaren/ Australian Dollar
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
Sunder Pichai, Nasdaq’s Friedman to receive 2019 Global Leadership Award
- India-born Google’s CEO Sunadar Pichai & Nasdaq President Adena Friedman have been chosen for the prestigious Global Leadership Awards 2019 by business advocacy group USIBC in recognition of the two companies’ contribution as the leading technology-driven platforms.
- The award was by Washington-based US-India Business Council (USIBC).
- The Nasdaq Stock Market is an American stock exchange.
- HQ- New York,US
- President- Adena Friedman
- Google LLC is an American multinational technology company that specializes in Internet-related services and products.
- Google- Founded (4th Sept 1998) HQ (California, USA) CEO (Sundar Pichai)
- Founders: Larry Page, Sergey Brin
- Parent Organisation- Alphabet Inc (2015)
Actress Sheela wins prestigious J C Daniel Award
- The Kerala government’s highest honour for outstanding contribution to Malayalam cinema named J C Daniel Award won by Malayalam actress Sheela J.C.
- She is the 2nd woman to get this award after Aranmula Ponnamma in 2005.
- The award would be presented to Sheela in a function to be held here on July 27, Cultural Affairs Minister A K Balan.
- Kerala- Capital City (Thiruvananthapuram) CM (Pinarayi Vijayan)
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
Tijjani Muhammad- Bande was elected as the President of the 74th session of the UN General Assembly
- Nigeria’s Ambassador to the United Nations Tijjani Muhammad-Bande was elected as the President of the 74th session of the UN General Assembly.
- Nigeria (Capital/Currency) – Abuja/ Naira
- United Nation- Established (24th Oct 1945) HQ(California,USA)
- Secretary General- Antonio Guterres (Portugal)
- Deputy Secretary General – Amina J Mohammad (Nigeria)
Rakesh Makhija appointed as the new Chairman of Axis Bank
- RBI approved the appointment of Rakesh Makhija as the chairman of Axis Bank.
- He has been appointed as the Non-Executive (Part-time) Chairman of the Bank, for a period of 3 years.
- Axis Bank- HQ (Mumbai) CEO (Amitabh Chaudhary)
- Tagline – Badhti Ka naam Zindagi.
Download the Daily Current Affairs 5th June 2019 – Click Here
For More Daily Current Affairs – Click Here
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?