Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the important Daily Current Affairs 5 September 2018. These are important for the upcoming IBPS PO, NIACL Assistant, RBI Grade B and IBPS RRB 2018 Exams.
Daily Current Affairs 5 September 2018
Justice Goswami is acting CJ of Gauhati High Court
- Justice Arup Kumar Goswami was on September 4, 2018 appointed as the acting chief justice of the Gauhati High Court.
- His appointment will come into effect from September 6, following the retirement of high court Chief Justice Ajit Singh.
- The Gauhati High Court has an approved strength of 24 judges, but is functioning with 17 currently, a shortage of seven judges.
B Srinivas to become new Intelligence chief of JK police
- In a bid to revamp intelligence network in militancy-hit state, the Jammu and Kashmir Police on September 4, 2018 appointed B Srinivas as its new intelligence chief, replacing Abdul Gani Mir who has been sent to police headquarters.
- The state police had come under criticism for having failed in gathering intelligence.
- A 1990 batch officer, the 54-year-old Srinivas brings with him an experience of intelligence gathering. During his past 28 years, he has held many sensitive assignments as police chief in various districts of the Valley.
PTI’s Arif Alvi wins Pakistan Presidential Election 2018
- The ruling Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf’s (PTI) candidate, Arif Alvi on September 4, 2018 won the Pakistan Presidential Election 2018, defeating his two rival candidates Fazal-ur-Rehman and Aitzaz Ahsan.
- Fazal-ur-Rehman is the joint candidate of the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz and some other opposition groups, while, Aitzaz Ahsan belongs to the Pakistan Peoples Party.
- Alvi will replace incumbent President Mamnoon Hussain as the 13th President of Pakistan. Hussain’s five-year term will end on September 8, 2018.
Google announces new AI Technology to fight online child sexual abuse
- Technology giant Google announced on September 3, 2018 that it is employing a new Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology to combat online spreading of contents involving child sexual abuse. The tool uses deep neural networks for image processing to help discover and detect child sexual abuse material (CSAM) online.
- “Using the Internet as a means to spread content that sexually exploits children is one of the worst abuses imaginable,” wrote Google’s Engineering Lead Nikola Todorovic and Product Manager Abhi Chaudhuri in the company’s official blog post.
- The new AI technology will be made available for free to non-governmental organiSations (NGOs) and other industry partners including other technology companies through a new content safety API service that could be offered upon request.
India not to attend Afghan peace conference in Moscow
- India has reportedly declined an invitation from Russia to attend a multilateral conference on Afghanistan after Afghanistan itself decided against attending the conclave.
- Russia is organising the conference to bring peace in Afghanistan. The event was scheduled to take place in Moscow on September 4, but it has been postponed after several countries turned down Russia’s invite to attend the event.
- India has always been favouring an Afghan-led and Afghan-owned peace process to bring peace and stability in that country. Since 2002, India has committed USD 2 billion to the socio-economic development of the country.
VP M Venkaiah Naidu confers National Teachers’ Awards in New Delhi
- Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu on September 5, 2018 gave away the National Awards to 45 Teachers in New Delhi on the occasion of Teachers’ day.
- The award is given as public recognition to meritorious teachers working in primary, middle and secondary schools.
- The awards, which were instituted in 1958, carry a silver medal, a certificate and cash prize worth Rs 50000.
National Teacher’s Day observed
- National Teacher’s Day was observed on 5 September, 2018.
- The birth date of the second President of India, Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, 5 September 1888, has been celebrated as Teacher’s Day since 1962.
International Day of Charity 2018 observed globally
- The International Day of Charity was observed globally on September 5, 2018 with an aim to recognise the role of charity in alleviating human suffering within and among nations, as well as to recognise the efforts of charitable organisations and individuals such as Mother Teresa.
Former Indian pacer RP Singh announces retirement from cricket
- Former Indian pacer Rudra Pratap Singh on September 4, 2018 announced his retirement from all forms of cricket through his social media account. His international career spanned a period of six years and he played 82 matches across all three formats and picked up over 100 wickets.
- RP Singh played 14 Tests, 58 one-day internationals and 10 T20 Internationals for India after making his international debut in an ODI against Zimbabwe in Harare exactly 13 years ago.
Indian Kho Kho team to get financial support for participation in International championship
- Encouraging traditional games of the country, the Union Sports Minister, Rajyavardhan Rathore has approved the financial support for the Kho Kho team participating at the first International Kho Kho championship in England.
- The guideline for sports disciplines like Kho Kho, which are categorised as ‘others’, was earlier not eligible for financial support for participation in International sporting events.
Young Indian shuttlers win titles in Ukraine
- Young Indian shuttlers clinched the mixed doubles and men’s doubles titles at the RSL Kharkiv International challenge in Kharkiv, Ukraine on September 3, 2018.
- The duo of Anoushka Parikh and Saurabh Sharma defeated Poland’s Pawel Smilowski and Magdalena Swierczynska, in the mixed doubles summit clash.
- The pair of Krishna Prasad Garaga and Dhruv Kapila also defeated Germany’s Daniel Hess and Johannes Pistorius 21-19 21-16 in men’s doubles event.
Noted Gujarati author Bhagwati Kumar Sharma passes away
- Noted Gujarati author, journalist and poet Bhagwati Kumar Sharma passed away in Surat on September 5, 2018 morning. He was 84.
- Born in 1934 in Surat, Bhagwati Kumar Sharma had received Sahitya Academy award for his Gujarati novel Ashuryalok. He had also received Gujarati literature awards Ranjitram suvarna chandrak and Kumar paritoshik.
Click below to download the PDF of Today’s Current Affairs 5 September 2018
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?