Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the important Daily Current Affairs 3rd June 2019. These are important for the upcoming LIC AAO 2019, SBI PO/ Clerk 2019 Exams. Candidates those who were preparing for the examination can use this current affairs and also you can download the same as PDF.
Daily Current Affairs 3rd June 2019
IMPORTANT DAYS – Daily Current Affairs
3rd June is celebrated as World Bicycle Day
- The United Nation General Assembly declared 3rd June as World Bicycle Day.
- Objective: To encourage people to use bicycle as a simple, affordable, clean and environmentally fit sustainable means of transportation.
- World Bicycle Day tries to promote the bicycle as a symbol of human progress, advancement, social inclusion among many other things.
NATIONAL UPDATE – Daily Current Affairs
Air Chief Marshal BS Dhanoa leaves for Sweden Visit
- Indian Air Chief Marshal BS Dhanao left for 4 day official visit to Sweden.
- He will not only visit various operational and training units but also interacts with senior dignitaries of Sweden Air Force.
- The main objective of his visit is to strengthen the Air Force Cooperation & relationship between India and Sweden.
- Sweden (Capital/Currency)- Stockholm/ Krona
- PM of Sweden- Stefan Lofven
Two day Yoga Mahotsava stated in Delhi
- Two day Yoga Mahotsava was started in Dehi as the curtain raiser for upcoming International Yoga Day 2019.
- It is inaugurated by Vice-Chairman if NIIT Aayog, Shri Rajeev kumar
- This event is organsed by AYUSH Ministry and Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga (MDNIY).
- Objective of this event is to sensitize the masses for celebration of IDY 2019.
- International Yoga Day- 21st June
- Theme for IDY 2019- ‘Yoga for Heart’
- 2 Apps Launched- ‘Yoga Locator’ & ‘Bhuvan App’
- Yoga Locator- It is Location App that will enable Yoga Instructors to locate themselves and reach out to a maximum number of people.
- Bhuvan App- It will provide geo time location and documentation during IDY 2019.It is designed with the collaboration of ISRO.
- ISRO- Established (15th August 1969) Headquater(Bangalore) Director (K Sivan)
- Programs recently launched by ISRO- YUVIKA 2019(Young Scientist Program), SwS(Samwad with Students), UNNATI (UNispace Nanosatellite Asembly & Training by ISRO)
STATES IN NEWS – Daily Current Affairs
Rajasthan Govt increases financial aid given to girls under ‘Aapki Beti Scheme’
- The Rajasthan govt increased the financial assistance given to girls under ‘Aapki Beti’ Scheme as well as the ex-gratia payment given to the families of polling personnel who die during election duty.
- The amount has been increased from Rs 1100 to Rs 2100 for girls studying in class 1-8 & from Rs 1500 to Rs 2500 for the girls in class 9-12.
- ex-gratia payment to the next of kin of an official killed on election duty has been increased from Rs 15 lakh to Rs 10 Lakh.
- Rajasthan- Capital City (Jaipur) CM (Ashok Gehlot) Governor(Kalyn Singh)
Telangana Govt enhances Rythu Bandhu Scheme Assistance
- The Telangana CM K Chandrashekhar Rao increased the financial assistance given to agriculture and horticulture farmers under Rythu Bndhu Scheme (Investment Support Scheme) from Rs 4,000 to Rs 5,000.
- The main objective of this scheme is to to give financial assistance to the farmers to purchase seeds, fertilizers, pesticides and towards labour and other field works.
- The detailed guidelines were issued by the Principle Secatary of Agriculture Dept of the state, C Paratha Sarthi.
- Money under this scheme will be paid through e-Kuber (RBI Payment Platform)
- Telangana- Capital City(Hyderabad) CM (K Chandrashekhar Rao) Governor(E S L Narashimhan)
IBSD opens up their State-of-Art orchidarium in Shillong
The Institute of Bio-resource and Sustainable Development (IBSD) a national institute of Department of Biotechnology opened up their state-of-the-art orchidarium in their research facility in Upper Shillong, Meghalaya.
This orchidarium houses over 20 varieties of orchids which are found in Meghalaya and its neighbouring States.
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS – Daily Current Affairs
Former President Pratibha Patil was bestowed on the highest civilian award of Mexico
- Former Indian President of India Pratibha Patil has been conferred the “Orden Mexicana del Aguila Azteca” (Order of the Aztec Eagle) — the highest civilian award of Mexico given to foreigners.
- She is the 2nd Indian to get this award after the late President S Radhakrishna.
- The Ambassador of Mexico to India, Melba Pria conferred this award to her.
- Mexico’s highest distinction for foreigners is in recognition of their outstanding services to the Mexican nation or humanity, significant contributions to strengthening the bilateral relations between Mexico and other countries.
- Pratibha Patil- 1st female President of India. She was the 12th President of India. She served the country from 2007 to 2012.
- Mexico (Capital/Currency)- Mexico City/Peso
- 58th President of Mexico- Andrés Manuel López Obrador
ECONOMY & BUSINESS – Daily Current Affairs
Country’s most Profitable Public Sector Company- ONGC
- India’s top oil and gas producer, ONGC became the country’s most Profitable Public Sector Company leaving behind IOC (Indian Oil Corporation).
- Oil and Natural gas Crop(ONGC) reported a 34% jump in its 2019-19 fiscal net profit to Rs 26,716 Cr. Whereas IOC registered a net profit of 17,274 Cr.
- ONGC- Establishment (14th August 1956) Headquarter (Delhi) CEO (Shashi Shanker)
- IOC- Establishment (30th June 1959) Headquarter(New Delhi) Chairperson (Sanjiv Singh)
Download the Daily Current Affairs 3rd June 2019 – Click Here
For More Daily Current Affairs – Click Here
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!