Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the important Daily Current Affairs 29 November 2018. These are important for the upcoming Canara Bank PO and Clerk 2018 Exams.
Daily Current Affairs 29 November 2018 for Bank, SSC and Competitive Exams
Current Affairs related to Banking and Finance
RBI Reduces Minimum Holding Period For Securitisation Of Loan Portfolios
- To help further ease liquidity condition for non-bank lenders, the Reserve Bank of India has made changes to the holding period for securitised loan portfolios.
- In a notification on Thursday, the Reserve Bank of India said that the minimum holding period requirement for non-banking finance company originating loans, will now be set at six monthly or two quarterly installments. Earlier the holding period was 12 months.
- The revised rules are applicable for loans of original maturity of above 5 years. This will help housing finance companies in particular who have longer maturity loans.
- However, the RBI has increased the holding amount from 10 percent to 20 percent of the loan portfolio. This has been done to ensure that NBFCs selling loan portfolios have adequate skin in the game even after securitisation.
Casio launches world’s first GST calculator
- Japanese electronics company ‘CASIO’ launched world’s first Goods and Services Tax (GST) calculator in India for simplifying the GST calculations for tax payers.
- The company has two variants of GST calculators MJ-120GST and MJ-12GST in the Indian market.
- These new GST calculators will provide solutions for GST based invoicing.
- These GST calculators feature built-in GST tabs for all five tabs- 0%, 5%, 12%, 18% and 28%.
- It includes separate buttons for GST slabs to reduce time required for processing invoice.
India, China sign protocol on hygiene requirements for export of fish meal, fish oil
- India and China on November 28, 2018 signed a protocol on hygiene and inspection requirements for the exports in New Delhi during the visit of Hu Wei, the Vice Minister of China’s General Administration of Customs. The information was shared by the Union Commerce Ministry.
- Hu Wei, who led a six-member delegation to India, met India’s Commerce Secretary Anup Wadhawan during his visit and discussed various issues of market access for different products.
- During the meeting, both Indian and Chinese sides appreciated each other’s concerns and agreed to resolve the market access issues expeditiously to achieve the vision of the leaders of both the countries by promoting a more balanced trade.
- The Chinese delegation discussed issues regarding market access for products such as milk and milk products, agricultural goods like soy meal, fruits and vegetables, tobacco and pharmaceuticals.
- This is significant, as India has been seeking market access for these items from China.
Current Affairs related to India and states
Government launches ‘Bhasha Sangam’ to introduce school students to 22 Indian languages
- The government launched a unique initiative called Bhasha Sangam to introduce school students to 22 Indian languages.
- The initiative, under Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat, was launched on November 22 and will continue till December 21, 2018.
- Bhasha Sangam is a programme for schools and educational institutions to provide multilingual exposure to students in Indian languages.
- Another objective of Bhasha Sangam is to enhance linguistic tolerance and respect and promote national integration.
Delhi Commuters using Common mobility card will get 10% discount on DTC buses
- Delhi Commuters using common mobility card in DTC buses will be given a 10 percent discount in fares from November 30.
- DTC will provide 10 percent discount in fares on usage of “Delhi Metro Card/Common Mobility Card” for purchasing tickets.
- The facility is already available in Cluster buses run by Delhi Integrated Multi Modal Transit System (DIMTS).
Current Affairs related to Appointments
Government appoints AM Naik as Chairman of National Skill Development Corporation
- Union Government appointed Anil Manibhai Naik as Chairman of National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC).
- He is currently Group Chairman of engineering conglomerate Larsen and Toubro (L&T).
- He was awarded Padma Bhushan, India’s 3rd highest civilian award, in 2009 for his outstanding contribution to economic growth of the country.
- NSDC is Public Private Partnership (PPP) under Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE).
Current Affairs related to World
EU aims to be first carbon neutral economy by 2050
- The European Union on November 28, 2018 urged government, businesses, citizens and regions to join it in an ambitious plan to cut emissions and make the bloc carbon neutral by 2050.
- The EU climate commissioner Miguel Arias Canete said in a press conference in Brussels that the bloc is kicking off a process to determine how Europe’s energy and climate policy will evolve between now and 2050.
- According to Canete, if Europe retains its current targets it will only reduce net carbon emissions by 60 per cent by mid-century, not enough to meet the bloc’s pledges under the 2015 Paris climate accord.
South Korea tests space rocket engine
- South Korea conducted a rocket engine test launch, paving the way for the development of its own space launch vehicle.
- A liquid-fuel engine successfully propelled a single-stage rocket from the Naro Space Center on the country’s southern coast.
- It is the first such launch in South Korea since 2013 when the country successfully put a small satellite into orbit following failures in 2009 and in 2010.
- The engine, designed and developed by the Korea Aerospace Research Institute, will be used to propel the country’s first indigenous three-stage launch vehicle ‘Korea Space Launch Vehicle-2’ (KSLV-2).
Current Affairs related to Awards
IFFI 2018: Donbass wins the Golden Peacock Award; Lijo Jose Pellissery wins Best Director Award
- The movie ‘Donbass’ directed by Sergei Loznitsa won the coveted Golden Peacock Award at the 49th International Film Festival of India (IFFI), which concluded in Goa on November 28, 2018.
- The Golden Peacock Award carries a cash prize of Rs 4 million (Rs 40 lakhs) to be shared equally between the Producer and the Director, a Trophy and the citation.
- Donbass movie tells the story of a hybrid war taking place in a region of Eastern Ukraine, involving an open armed conflict alongside mass killings and robberies by separatist gangs. A journey through Donbass unfolds as a series of curious adventures. It is about a world lost in post-truth and fake identities.
- Donbass is also the official submission of Ukraine for the ‘Best Foreign Language Film’ category at the 91st Academy Awards in 2019. It was selected as the opening film in the Un Certain Regard section at the 2018 Cannes Film Festival.
- Chemban Vinod won the Best Actor (Male) Award for his portrayal in Ee.Ma.Yau of ‘Eeshi’, a son who tries to arrange a worthy funeral for his father but is met with unpredictable obstacles.
Click below to download the PDF of Today’s Current Affairs 29 November 2018