Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the important Daily Current Affairs 27th May 2019. These are important for the upcoming LIC AAO 2019, CWC, FCI 2019 and SBI PO/ Clerk 2019 Exams.
Current Affairs 27th May 2019
1). Nation pays homage to first PM Jawaharlal Nehru on his 55th death anniversary
- The nation pays homage to first Prime Minister Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru on his 55th death anniversary today.
- Former Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh, UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi, former Vice President Mohammed Hamid Ansari and Congress President Rahul Gandhi paid tributes to Pandit Nehru at his memorial Shanti Van in the national capital.
- Prime Minister NarendraModi also paid tributes to Pandit Nehru on his death anniversary.
- Jawaharlal Nehru (14 November 1889 – 27 May 1964) was an Indian independence activist, and subsequently, the first Prime Minister of India and a central figure in Indian politics before and after independence.
2). Pakistan launches its first ever moon-sighting website
- Pakistan on Sunday launched its first ever moon-sighting website.
- It will end end decades-old controversy over start of the key lunar months and decides the beginning of the holy month of Ramazan and Eid festivals .
- The website named as website “pakmoonsighting.pk”
- Pakistan (CC)- Islamabad/ Pakistani Rupee
- PM- Imran Khan, President- ArifAlvi
- Central Bank of Pakistan- State Bank of Pakistan
3). ‘Vibrant Tamilnadu’ to open in August
- Tamil Nadu Chamber Foundation announced the launch of ‘Vibrant Tamilnadu’, an international food and kitchen equipments expo, to be held in Madurai between August 12-15.
- In an event held in Chennai recently, the foundation invited businessmen from Chennai, Kanchipuram, and Thiruvallur to participate in the expo, where they can meet international buyers and explore business opportunities to export their products to more than 20 countries.
4). P S Golay sworn in as Sikkim CM
- Sikkim KrantikariMorcha (SKM) president Prem Singh Tamang, popularly known as P S Golay, today took oath as the Chief Minister of Sikkim.
- He was administered the oath by Governor Ganga Prasad at Paljor Stadium
- Former chief minister Pawan Kumar Chamling government was ousted by the SKM after over 24 years.
5). NarendraModi to take oath as PM on 30th May
- NarendraModi will be sworn in as country’s PM for the second term on May 30th at RashtrapatiBhavan.
- The President will administer the Oath of office and Secrecy to the PM and other members of Union Council of Ministers on 30th May at RashtrapatiBhavan.
- The NDA together has strength of 352 MPs in the 543 member LokSabha out of which the BJP has a majority of 303 members of Parliament.
6). Isro’s new commercial arm NewSpace India officially inaugurated
- The Indian Space Research Organisation’s (ISRO) new commercial arm called NewSpace India Limited (NSIL) was officially inaugurated in Bengaluru.
- NSIL is provided an authorised share capital worth Rs.100 crore and initial paid up capital of Rs.10 crore.
- NSIL’s main objective is to scale up industry participation in Indian space programmes.
- NSIL was inaugurated by Isro’s honorary adviser, Dr K Kasturirangan in the presence of chairman Dr K Sivan.
- ISRO- HQ(Bengaluru), Head(K Sivan)
7). Bong JoonHo has bagged the Plame d’Or for his film ‘Parasite’ at the 72nd Canned Film Festival in France.
- The 72nd annual Cannes Film Festival took place from 14 to 25 May 2019 in France.
- The Palme d’Or went to the South Korean film Parasite, directed by Bong Joon-ho; Bong became the first Korean director to win the award.
8). French Open Tennis begins in Paris
- 2nd Grand Slam of 2019, French Open, started in Paris.
- Total of four Grand Slam are categorised as
a)Australian Open(Hard Court)
b) French Open(Clay Court)
c)Wimbledon Open(Grass Court)
d)US Open(Hard Court)
- Details of Australian Open:
-Men’s Singles- Novak Djokovic(Serbia)
-Women’s Singles- Naomi Osaka(Japan)
9). ApurviChandela bags gold medal in 10m Air Rifle in ISSF World Cup
- ApurviChandela grabbed a gold, winning the women’s 10m Air Rifle at the year’s third International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) World Cup Rifle and Pistol tournament in Munich, Germany
- ISSF- Founded (1907), HQ(Munich,Germany), Head(Vladimir Lisin)
10). China beat Japan to win 2019 Sudirman Cup
- China won the badminton world mixed-team championship, Sudirman Cup 2019 in Nanning today. They beat Japan in men’s doubles, women’s singles and men’s singles to clinch the title for an 11th time.
- There are five matches in every Sudirman Cup tie which consists of men and women’s singles, men and women’s doubles and mixed doubles. The cup is named after Dick Sudirman, a former Indonesian badminton player and the founder of the Badminton Association of Indonesia (PBSI).
11). India’s Mahesh Mangaonkar wins Sekisui Open
- In squash, India’s Mahesh Mangaonkar triumphed for the second time in the Sekisui Open in Kriens, Switerzland. Three years back he had won it the first time.
Daily Current Affairs – Click Here
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!