Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the important Daily Current Affairs 24-25 November 2018. These are important for the upcoming Canara Bank PO and Clerk 2018 Exams.
Daily Current Affairs 24-25 November 2018 for Bank, SSC and Competitive Exams
Current Affairs related to Reports
Andhra Pradesh tops in employability level among states: India Skills Report 2019
- Andhra Pradesh has emerged on top in terms of employability among the states with the engineering graduates having the highest level of employability, according to India Skills Report-2019.
- Employability level of B.Tech and B.E graduates from the state shot up significantly to 63.11 per cent this year from 42.08 per cent last year, a release here said Thursday.
- MBA and polytechnic graduates’ employability increased to 47.18 per cent and 45.90 per cent respectively against 44.90 per cent and 35.85 per cent respectively the previous year.
- The report is a joint initiative of Wheebox, a global talent assessment company, PeopleStrong, a leading HR Tech company and the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
- Andhra Pradesh was one of the preferred hiring destinations and one of the most preferred states of work by both men and women job-seekers, said the report, supported by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and the Association of Indian Universities.
- The India Skills Report-2019, which is the sixth edition, captured insights and trends from the largest employability test that was spread out to 3200 universities and professional institutions in the country, the release said.
Current Affairs related to India and states
U.P. to build 221-metre Ram statue on the banks of Saryu
- BJP government in Uttar Pradesh has cleared a 221-metre-tall statue of Lord Ram, to come up on the banks of the Saryu in the temple town.
- While the government did not reveal the details of cost, funding, or exact location, it announced the expected size of the statue, which seems to outdo the 182-metre Sardar Patel statue in Gujarat.
- The Lord Ram statue would consist of a 151-metre statue, a 20-metre umbrella overhead, and a 50-metre pedestal; the total being 221 metre, a government spokesperson said.
- The Yogi Adityanath government had last year announced that it would construct a Ram statue in Ayodhya as part of the “Navya Ayodhya” scheme of the UP Tourism Department to develop the town as a tourist hub.
United Nations selects Noida to participate in Global Sustainable Cities 2025 plan
- The United Nations Sunday selected Uttar Pradesh’s Noida and Greater Noida to participate in its Global Sustainable Cities 2025 initiative, officials said.
- The twin-cities in Gautam Buddh Nagar district, adjoining the national capital, have been selected in the “University City” category ahead of Mumbai and Bengaluru as the only invitee from India, a senior UN official said.
- Overall 25 cities across the world have been selected in five categories by the UN Global Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) cities initiative, Senior UN Advisor and CEO UN Global Sustainability Index Institute Roland Schatz told reporters here.
- Schatz formally extended the invitation Sunday to Gautam Buddh Nagar District Magistrate Brajesh Narain Singh in the presence of Shubhro Sen, the principal advisor, India, SDG Initiative.
UP Govt launches Women empowerment resolution campaign
- Uttar Pradesh Government launched the Women Empowerment Resolution Campaign to develop abilities in women for leadership and rights on November 20, 2018.
- The campaign was launched by the incumbent Chief Minister Yogi Aditya Nath.
- The Women Empowerment Resolution Campaign will help to ensure the women empowerment in the state
- During this campaign, the women working in the government institutions will visit households for women’s feedback on the schemes introduced by the Center and the state government
- Issues like education, self-employment, health, sanitation, and nutrition will also be addressed during this campaign
- An eleven-member team will be constituted at each block and district levels which will include six women employees and five self-help group members.
Uttarakhand cabinet ratifies renaming Jolly Grant airport after Vajpayee
- The Uttarakhand cabinet has ratified a proposal to rename the Jolly Grant airport in the state capital after late prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, an official said on Sunday.
- The proposal will now be sent to the Aiprorts Authority of India and the Union Civil Aviation Ministry for approval.
- Built by the Birla industrial group in the early 80s, the Jolly Grant airport is now used to operate several flights everyday.
- A senior official said that Vajpayee was instrumental in the creation of Uttarakhand and hence renaming the airport after him would be a homage to him.
Delhi government launches portal for spotting location of cluster buses
- Delhi bus commuters will now be able to spot locations of cluster buses at intervals of 10 seconds with the help of open transit data (OTD) which will be shared on a dedicated portal launched by the Delhi government Friday.
- Delhi becomes the first city in the country to open up transit data of city buses, that will provide static and real time data through the website — www.otd.delhi.gov.in — including geo-coordinates of bus stops, route maps, timetables, and real time GPS feeds of bus locations every 10 seconds, said a government statement.
- The OTD portal will incorporate multi-modal transport data feed in future, including those of Metro trains and last mile connectivity vehicles, it said.
WCD Ministry empanels 223 Institutes to conduct awareness programmes on Sexual Harassment at Workplace
- The Ministry of Women and Child Development has empanelled institutions and organisations to conduct awareness exercises on the provisions of the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013, in order to ensure security of women at all workplaces.
- Around 223 institutes and organisations have been empanelled from across the country to impart training in local languages as of November 2018.
- The empanelled institutes will be required to submit quarterly reports through SHe-Box, an online complaints portal, of all the training programmes and workshops conducted by them under the SH Act.
- The empanelled institutes, organisations and companies have so far organised over 700 capacity building exercises that were attended by nearly 50,000 participants.
- The Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace Act, 2013 mandates all the workplaces that include any department, organisation, undertaking, establishment, enterprise, institution, office, branch or unit with more than 10 workers to constitute an Internal Complaint Committee (ICC) to receive complaints of sexual harassment.
Current Affairs related to World
NASA, SpaceX to launch test flight on January 7, ahead of historic crewed flight
- The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) of the United States is planning to send humans to space for the first time in eight years, in a historic flight through SpaceX Crew Dragon.
- Prior to the historic launch, as a part of the preparation, the space agency will shoot out a test flight on January 7, 2019. The announcement comes as the race between Boeing and SpaceX to launch their first crewed space missions is heating up.
- NASA has announced an updated schedule for the two companies on the road to sending astronauts to space from American soil.
- The SpaceX will send its Crew Dragon capsule on its maiden voyage to the International Space Station on January 7.
Current Affairs related to Sports
Mary Kom wins record sixth World Championships gold
- Mary Kom scripted history by clinching a record sixth World Championship Gold medal in the light flyweight 48 kilogram category after outclassing Ukraine’s Hanna Okhota by an unanimous 5:0 verdict.
- The 35-year-old Mary, a mother of three and a pre-tournament favourite for the gold, rewrote the record books when she eclipsed her joint haul of five golds with Katie Taylor of Ireland. Watch this video to know more.
- Mary Kom registered a 5-0 win in the 48-kg category over Hanna Okhota of Ukraine to tie with Cuban legend Felix Savon’s haul — he won all his six medals in the men’s heavyweight division.
Mary Kom named best boxer of AIBA Women’s World Boxing Championships
- India’s M C Mary Kom, who won a historic sixth world title, was adjudged the best pugilist of the 10th World Women’s Boxing Championships here.
- The AIBA panel which chose the Indian as the best among the competitors was a richly deserved honour to the 35-year-old Manipuri, whose endurance, perseverance and the never-say-die attitude is unparallel in history.
Australia beats England by 8 wickets to win the 2018 T20 World Cup final
- Australia are women’s World Twenty20 champions again after they romped to an eight-wicket victory over England in the final in Antigua.
- Gardner then combined with captain Meg Lanning to steer Australia to their target with 29 balls to spare.
- The final itself was not high quality but the competition – the first time the tournament has been separate from the men’s – has largely been a success, with more than 9,000 fans – around 10% of the entire population of Antigua – watching at the Sir Vivian Richards Stadium.
Australia to host newly renamed ICC T20 World Cup 2020
- After registering their convincing fourth title against formidable England in the International Cricket Council (ICC) Women’s World T20 finals, Australia on Sunday have been officially declared as the host of the newly renamed ICC T20 World Cup.
- Women’s T20 World Cup comprising of 10 teams playing 23 matches from February 21 – March 8, followed by the Men’s T20 World Cup, involving 16 teams playing 45 matches from October 18 – November 15, will be played in Australia in 2020.
- For the first time, T20 cricket’s global will showpiece women’s and men’s competitions as standalone events in the same host country and in the same year.
- Eight host cities and 13 venues throughout Australia will host matches, with both competitions having broad national footprints, which means as many Australians as possible will have the chance to see the world’s best players in their backyard.
Current Affairs related to Days
International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women observed
- The International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women was observed on November 25, 2018.
- The 2018 theme of the day is Orange the World: #HearMeToo and like previous editions, the date marks the launch of 16 days of activism that will conclude on 10 December 2018, International Human Rights Day.
- The 25th of every month has been designated as Orange Day by the UN Women campaign Say No, UNiTE, which was launched in 2009 to mobilise civil society, activists, governments and the UN system in order amplify the impact of the UN Secretary-General’s campaign, UNiTE to End Violence against Women.
Current Affairs related to Obituaries
Former railway minister and Congress leader C K Jaffer Sharief dies at 85
- Former Union railway minister C K Jaffer Sharief passed away this morning at a hospital in Bengaluru, Karnataka Pradesh Congress Committee president Dinesh Gundu Rao said.
- He was admitted to a private hospital here a few days ago after he collapsed while getting into his car for Friday namaz.