Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the important Daily Current Affairs 21st June 2019. These are important for the upcoming LIC AAO 2019, SBI PO/ Clerk 2019 Exams. Candidates those who were preparing for the examination can use this current affairs and also you can download the same as PDF.
Daily Current Affairs 21st June 2019
21June: International Yoga Day
- 21st June observed as the International Yoga day every year across the world.
- This year (21st June 2019) world marks the fifth edition of International Day of Yoga.
- The International Day of Yoga is being celebrated annually on June 21 since 2015.
- The main event is organised in the capital city of Jharkhand, Ranchi.
- The main event is hosted by our honourable Prime Minister NarendraModi.
- 2019 theme for the Event is “Yoga For Heart”
- Theme for this year International Yoga day is “Yoga for Climate Action”
- “Yoga Locator” app – launched by AYUSH Minister to help people to locate Yoga Centres and Instructors.
- The fifth annual International Day of Yoga will be celebrated at the United Nations on Thursday, 20 June 2019, with “Yoga with Gurus,” followed by a panel discussion on 21 June.
- 1st International Yoga Day celebrated on 21st June 2015 in New Delhi with the central Theme “Synergy”.
- 2ndInternational Yoga Day celebrated on 21st June 2015 in Chandigarh with the central Theme “Connect the Youth”.
- 3rdInternational Yoga Day celebrated on 21st June 2015 inLucknow with the central theme “Yoga for Health”.
- 4thInternational Yoga Day celebrated on 21st June 2015 in Dehradun with the central Theme “Yoga for peace”
- 5thInternational Yoga Day celebrated on 21st June 2015 in Ranchi with the central Theme
- AYUSH Minister (Independent Charge) – ShripadYessoNaik (Constituency – North Goa)
- United Nations- It is an International Organization. Its Objective of UN is to not only maintain International Peace and Security but also to develop Friendly relations among nations.
- Founded – 24th October, 1945
- Headquarter- New York,United States
- Secretary General- Antonio Guterres (9th SG OF UN)
- He is from PORTUGAL
- Portugal (Capital/Currency) – Lisbon/ Euro
- Deputy Secretary General – Amina J. Mohammed(Nigeria – Abuja/Naira)
- United States (Capital/Currency) – Washington, D.C/ US Dollar
21st June: World Music Day
- June 21 is celebrated as World Music Day, International Music Day every year.
- The theme is ‘Music at the intersections’
- The first ever music day took place in 1982 in Paris as the Fête de la Musique.
NATIONAL & INTERNATIONAL UPDATES
Integrated Grievance Cell, Call Centre inaugurated for Pensioners
- Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, Dr Jitendra Singh today inaugurated the Integrated Grievance Cell and Call Center for Pensioners at JanpathBhawanim New Delhi.
- Objective – to resolving grievances of the pensioners, it will help in value addition to the whole process and pensioners will gradually provide inputs and suggestions in the form of feedback that will help the government in the long run.
- The integrated grievance cell and call centre for pensioners has been set up by the Department of Pension and Pensioners Welfare.
Navy launches operation in Gulf for Indian vessels’ security
- The Indian Navy has deployed warships in the Gulf of Oman and Persian Gulf to ensure the safety and ‘reassure’ Indian flagged vessels operating in the region
- Naval aircraft are also conducting surveillance in the area. The Information Fusion Centre-Indian Ocean Region which was launched in Gurgaon.
Telangana CM ChandrashekarRao inaugurates Kaleshwaram project
- Telangana Chief Minister K. ChandrashekarRao dedicated one of the largest multi-stage and multi-purpose lift irrigation schemes, the Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation Project.
- The Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation Project, to harness the flood waters of the Godavari, is aimed at making Telangana drought-proof.
- The project seeks to divert 180 TMC of Godavari flood water first to SripadaSagarYellampalli barrage and then to MallannaSagar from the Pranahita confluence point.
- Telangana – Capital City(Hyderabad) CM(K. ChandrashekarRao) Governor(E. S. L. Narasimhan)
US Secretary of State Michael Pompeo to visit India from June 25-27
- US Secretary of State Michael Pompeo will be in India from June 25-27 and hold talks with the leadership here to strengthen the strategic partnership.
- During his visit, Pompeo would hold talks with External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar and call upon other dignitaries.
- This meeting will be an important opportunity for both sides to further strengthen the India-US strategic partnership and continue high-level engagement on matters of mutual interest, including bilateral, regional and global issues.
- Apart from India, Pompeo will also travel to Sri Lanka, Japan and South Korea from June 24 to 30. His four-nation tour is aimed at deepening the US partnerships in the strategic Indo-Pacific region.
- USA – Capital (Washington D.C) Currency (Dollar)
- President: Donald Trump
First international film festival of Bangladesh inaugurated at Bangladesh Shilpakala Academy
- First international film festival of Bangladesh started at Bangladesh Shilpakala Academy yesterday.
- It was inaugurated by the Bangladesh State Minister for Cultural Affairs KM Khalid.
- The festival is being organised at the initiative of the Culture Affairs Ministry of Bangladesh. Theatre troupes from India, Bangladesh, Russia, China, France, Vietnam and Nepal are participating in the festival.
- Bangladesh (Capital/Currency) – Dhaka/Taka
- Prime Minister – Sheikh Hasina
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
PM’s Awards for Outstanding Contribution for Promotion & Development of Yoga 2019 announced
- Prime Minister’s Awards for outstanding contribution for Promotion and Development of Yoga – 2019 has been announced.
- recipients of the Award – Swami Rajarshi Muni of Life Mission, Gujarat, Ms.AntoniettaRozzi of Italy, Bihar School of Yoga, Munger and Japan Yoga Niketan, Japan
- The award is given for outstanding contribution for promotion and development of Yoga.
- The winners will be felicitated with of a Trophy, Certificate and a Cash Award of 25 lakh rupees each.
- On the occasion of the 2nd International Day of Yoga celebrations at Chandigarh, the Prime Minister had announced the institution of awards for the promotion and development of Yoga.
Indian engineer wins Innovation Award in UK
- 2019 Commonwealth Secretary General’s Innovation for Sustainable Development Award in the “People” category is won by an Indian engineer, Nitesh Kumar Jangir in London.
- Nitesh Kumar Jangir created Saans, a breathing support device to tackle avoidable deaths of premature babies from respiratory distress syndrome.
- United Kingdom – The United Kingdom, made up of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, is an island nation in northwestern Europe.
- Capital: London
- Currency: Pound sterling
BANKING & ECONOMY
Canara Bank to offer only three free cash deposits of up to ₹50,000
- From 1st of July, Canara Bank customers can deposit cash uptoRs 50,000 for free only thrice a month.
- From the 4th transaction onwards for cash deposits of over Rs 50,000 there will be a service charge of Rs1 per thousand with a minimum of Rs 50 and a maximum of Rs 5,000 plus GST.
Canara Bank –Canara Bank is one of the largest public sector banks owned by the Government of India. It is one of the oldest public sector banks in the country.
- Establishment – 1906, Mangalore
- Headquarter – Benguluru
- MD& CEO – RA Sankara Narayanan
Download the Daily Current Affairs 21st June 2019 – Click Here
For More Daily Current Affairs – Click Here
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!