Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the important Daily Current Affairs 2 November 2018. These are important for the upcoming Indian Bank PO, IBPS PO and Clerk 2018 Exams.
Daily Current Affairs 2 November 2018 for Bank, SSC and Competitive Exams
Current Affairs related to India and states
Delhi government, Indian Railways sign MoU for Mukhyamantri Tirth Yatra Yojana
- The Delhi government signed a memorandum of understanding with the railways on Thursday to cater to pilgrims availing the Mukhyamantri Tirth Yatra Yojana, an official statement stated.
- It stated the MoU was inked by officials of the Delhi government and the railways in the presence of Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia at the Delhi Secretariat in New Delhi.
- A tourism department official said as per the agreement, Railways will provide separate coaches to pilgrims who are selected under the Yojana.
- Under the scheme, the AAP government will bear expenses of 77,000 pilgrims every year.
- Delhi residents above the age of 60 are covered under this scheme. Those selected will be allowed to be accompanied by an attendant aged 18 years or above and their expenditure will also be borne by the city administration.
Kerala signs MoU for implementation of Ayushman Bharat
- The Kerala government signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the National Health Agency on November 1 for the implementation of the Centre’s flagship health insurance scheme — Ayushman Bharat- Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana Abhiyan (AB-PMJAY) — in the state.
- With Kerala signing the MoU, total 33 states and union territories have become a part of the scheme, said Ayushman Bharat CEO Indu Bhushan.
- Punjab, Delhi and Telangana are yet to join the scheme.
- He further said that more than 3.5 lakh beneficiary e-cards have been issued and 3.8 crore letters have been delivered or on their way to beneficiaries’ doorsteps.
- The Ayushman Bharat-National Health Protection Mission (AB-NHPM), renamed as AB-PMJAY, was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi from Jharkhand on September 23.
CRPF launches bike ambulance in Jharkhand
- The Jharkhand sector of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) has launched an ingeniously designed bike ambulance in order to provide health facilities to people in the interior areas of Latehar district.
- The bike ambulance was launched at the Matlong Campo of 133 Battalion of the CRPF on Thursday.
- The vehicle consists of a foldable canopy with a backrest, hand rest and seat extension for patients. It also has wheel guards on both sides, along with a footrest with grip.
- A pair of seats has also been integrated into the ambulance to keep the patients steady and comfortable, along with the provision of a first aid box, a beacon light and a hooter.
CJI establishes in-house ‘Think Tank’ for research & planning
- The Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogi established an in house ‘think tank’ to strengthen the knowledge infrastructure of Supreme Court of India.
- To this end, the CJI redefined the mandate of Centre for Research and Planning (CRP) to meet the “fast expanding knowledge needs of judiciary”.
- The in-house think tank in the SC will complement the vibrant network of national and state judicial academies that have been built over 15 years ago.
- The main mandate of the think tank would be to carry out cutting edge research into “fundamental jurisprudence and principles and doctrines of law” as well as on “judicial reforms” for improvement in “justice delivery” and “judicial independence”.
MHA approves Rs 194.44 crore Safe City Project for Lucknow
- The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) approved a Safe City project for Lucknow at a total cost of Rs. 194.44 crore under the Nirbhaya Fund Scheme.
- The project would be implemented as a Centrally Sponsored Scheme with Centre and State sharing the funding in 60:40 ratio.
- The Safe city proposal for Lucknow will be implemented by Uttar Pradesh Police, assisted by the Municipal bodies and city transport authorities.
- This approval is a part of MHA’s plans to implement Safe City projects in 8 selected cities, namely, Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad and Lucknow under Nirbhaya Fund.
- The projects are being implemented in consultation with Ministry of Women and Child Development, Ministry of Urban Development, Ministry of Electronic and Information Technology and civil society organisations.
10-day long Clean Air Campaign launched in Delhi and four major NCR Cities.
- A ten day long Clean Air Campaign from November 1- 10, 2018 was launched in Delhi by Union Environment Minister Harsh Vardhan.
- To monitor and report polluting activities as well as to ensure quick action, 52 teams were jointly flagged off.
- These teams will be visiting different parts of Delhi and adjacent towns of Faridabad, Gurugram, Ghaziabad and Noida.
- The team will comprise of the local Sub Divisional Magistrate (SDM) as the team leader, senior official from Ministry of Environment and representatives from Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB), Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) and Delhi Pollution Control Committee (DPCC).
- While Delhi has 44 teams the cities in NCR region namely Gurugram, Noida, Faridabad and Ghaziabad have two teams each.
Indo – Japan joint military exercise Dharma Guardian 2018 begins
- Exercise Dharma Guardian – 2018, a joint military exercise between Indian and Japanese Armies, commenced at Counter Insurgency and Jungle Warfare School, Vairengete, Mizoram, India on November 1, 2018.
- Being first of its kind, the 14 days long joint exercise is being conducted from November 1, 2018 to November 14, 2018.
- The Japanese contingent is being represented by 32nd Infantry Battalion, while the Indian side is being represented by 6/1 Gorkha Rifles.
- The exercise will consist of a balance of indoor classes and outdoor training activities.
Cabinet approves renaming of ‘Jharsuguda Airport, Odisha’ as ‘Veer Surendra Sai Airport, Jharsuguda’
- The Union Cabinet approved renaming of Jharsuguda Airport, Odisha as “Veer Surendra Sai Airport, Jharsuguda”
- Veer Surendra Sai is a well-known freedom fighter of Odisha.
- Renaming of the Jharsuguda airport in his name will fulfill long-pending demand of the Odisha Government, which reflects the sentiments of the local public of the respective area.
Current Affairs related to Finance and Banking
ICICI Bank organises 60 coin exchange ‘melas’ across Goa
- ICICI Bank recently organised over 60 coin exchange ‘melas’ at its select branches across Goa.
- According to a statement here on Thursday, the ‘melas’ were held under the aegis of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
- The purpose of the ‘melas’ were to distribute coins and fresh currency notes to the general public in exchange of soiled and mutilated notes. The initiative was in line with RBI’s Clean Note Policy.
- Carey Mascarenhas, Assistant General Manager, Reserve Bank of India, inaugurated the coin ‘mela’ at the Panaji branch.
PM Modi launches support, outreach programme for MSME; announces series of measures to spur growth in the sec
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has said that every GST registered Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise, MSME, will be given a rebate of 2 percent interest on the amount of a new loan or incremental loan up to one crore rupees.
- Announcing a series of measures during the launch of MSME Support and Outreach Programme in New Delhi this evening, Mr Modi said, the government has also decided to increase interest subvention on pre and post shipment credit for exports by MSMEs from 3 per cent to 5 per cent.
- He said, loan of up to one crore rupees will be sanctioned for MSME sector in 59-minutes. Mr Modi said, all the companies which have a turnover above 500 million, will now be required to bring them on Trade Receivables e-Discounting System, so that MSMEs do not have problems in cash flow.
- He said, due to reforms and landmark decisions taken by the Government, doing business in India has become very easy today. Mr Modi said, the World Bank’s Ease of Doing Business Ranking, which was released just two days ago, is the proof of it.
Current Affairs related to Appointments
Atul Goel takes over as MD, CEO of UCO Bank
- Atul Kumar Goel Friday assumed charge as Managing Director and CEO of UCO Bank.
- Prior to this assignment, he was executive director of Union Bank of India.
- Goel takes over from R K Takkar who completed his three-year tenure on November 1, 2018.
- Goel, who holds a Bachelor degree in Commerce, is considered one of the youngest and dynamic executives in the banking industry, UCO Bank said in a statement.
Lt Gen P S Rajeshwar assumes charge as Chief of Integrated Defence Staff to Chairman, COSC
- Lt Gen P S Rajeshwar took over as the 12th Chief of Integrated Defence Staff to Chairman, COSC.
- Lt Gen PS Rajeshwar was commissioned into the Regiment of Artillery in December 1980.
- He is an alumnus of the Indian Military Academy, Dehradun; National Defence College, Delhi; and holds a Masters in National Security Administration from NDC, Philippines.
Justices Hemant Gupta, R Subhash Reddy, MR Shah and Ajay Rastogi sworn-in as Supreme Court Judges
- Justices Hemant Gupta, R Subhash Reddy, M R Shah and Ajay Rastogi were on November 2, 2018 sworn-in as the Judges of the Supreme Court. Chief Justice Ranjan Gogoi administered oath of office to the four judges.
- Earlier on November 1, 2018, President Ram Nath Kovind issued a notification appointing these four judges as the Supreme Court judges.
- Prior to this elevation, Justice Gupta served as the Chief Justice of the Madhya Pradesh High Court; Justice Rastogi as the Chief Justice of the Tripura High Court; Justice Shah as the incumbent Chief Justice of the Patna High Court; and Justice Reddy as the Chief Justice of the Gujarat High Court.
Current Affairs related to World
China launches new high-orbit satellite BeiDou-3
- China successfully launched a high orbit satellite BeiDou-3 to boost BeiDou global satellite navigation system being built to rival United States Global Position System (GPS).
- The satellite was launched from the Xichang Satellite Launch Centre in the southwestern Sichuan Province.
- It is the first BeiDou-3 satellite in high orbit, about 36000 km above the Earth.
- In a geostationary orbit, following the Earth’s rotation, it will view the same point on Earth continuously.
Japan cabinet approves bill to accept foreign workers
- Japan’s Cabinet approved a draft bill to bring more blue-collar foreign workers into the country to address chronic labour shortages.
- The Bill will now be submitted to parliament.
- However, the draft legislation has come under attack from both the opposition and members of Prime Minister Shinzo Abe’s own party.
- The bill would allow foreign nationals with skills in sectors facing particularly severe shortages to obtain five-year visas, which would not allow them to bring their families.
Current Affairs related to Days
International Day to End Impunity for Crimes against Journalists observed
- International Day to End Impunity for Crimes against Journalists is observed on 2 November 2018.
- International Day to End Impunity for Crimes against Journalists is observed with the theme Truth Never Dies.
- The date was chosen in commemoration of the assassination of two French journalists in Mali on 2 November 2013.
Current Affairs related to Books
VP Venkaiah Naidu launches ‘Yoga And Mindfulness’ by Mansi Gulati
- Famous yoga exponent and author, Mansi Gulati launched her book, “Yoga and Mindfulness” yesterday.
- The book was launched by the Vice President of India, M. Venkaiah Naidu amidst the presence of Member of Parliament from the Rajya Sabha, Dr. Sonal Mansingh, Member of Parliament from the Lok Sabha Manoj Tewari, at Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Conference Hall, Vice President’s House.
- Mansi Gulati addressed the audience and spoke about the benefits of yoga.
Click below to download the PDF of Today’s Current Affairs 2 November 2018
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!