Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the important Daily Current Affairs 1st June 2019. These are important for the upcoming LIC AAO 2019, SBI PO/ Clerk 2019 Exams. Candidates those who were preparing for the examination can use this current affairs and also you can download the same as PDF.
Daily Current Affairs 1st June 2019
IMPORTANT DAYS – Daily Current Affairs
1st June is celebrated as World Milk Day
- Every year 1st of June is celebrated as World Milk Day since 2001.
- World Milk Day is established by Food and Agriculture Organization of United Nation.
- Objective: to recognize the importance of milk as a global food and to make people aware of dairy products and its health’s benefits.
- FAO (Food and Agriculture Organization) – Founded (16th October, 1945) Headquarter (Rome,Italy)
- Director General – José Graziano da Silva
NATIONAL UPDATES – Daily Current Affairs
New Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman will present her First Union Budget on 5th July
- The New Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman is likely to present her first Budget on 5th
- He holds Ministry of Corporate Affairs also.
- The new session of Lok Sabha will convened from 17th June to 26th July 2019.
- Till date, she is the only woman to hold the ministry of Finance after former PM Indira Gandhi.
- Economic Survey 2018-19 authored by chief economic adviser Krishnamurthy Subramaniam and his team and announced on 4th
- The election for Lok Sabha Speaker will take place on 19th
Govt has extended the PM-KISAN scheme to all farmers of the country
- The newly formed Government has approved the extension of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM KISAN) to all the farmers of the country.
- Earlier this scheme was applicable for farmers with two hectares of land.
- This revised scheme will cover nearly 14 crore 50 lakh farmers.
- The Centre approved the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Pension Yojana under which small and marginal farmers will get a minimum fixed pension of 3,000 rupees per month on attaining the age of 60 years (Age Group- 18 to 40 years).
- Agriculture Minister- Narendra Singh Tomar- Constituency (MP)
Changes made by PM Narendra Modi in PM’s Scholarship Scheme under National Defence Fund
- PM Narendra Modi has approved major changes in the Prime Minister’s scholarship scheme under the National Defence Fund. He hiked the scholarship to 2500 rupees per month (from 2000 rupees per month) for boys and 3000 rupees per month(from 2500 rupees per month) for girls.
- The objective of this scheme is to encourage technical and post-graduate education for the widows and wards of the deceased/ex-service personnel of Armed Forces and Para Military Forces and Railway Protection Force.
STATES UPDATES – Daily Current Affairs
Two Women from Madhya Pradesh successfully climbed Mount Everest
- Two Women from MP successfully climbed Mount Everest named Bhawana Dehariya from Chhindwara district and Megha Parmar from Sehore district.
- They became the first two women mountaineers from MP to summit Mount Everest.
- Madhya Pradesh- Capital City(Bhopal) CM(Kamal Nath) Governor(Anandiben Patel)
- Official Language- Hindi
- National Parks- Bandhavgarh, Kanha, Madhav, Mandla Fossils, Van Vihar, Panna, Pench, Sanjay, Satpura
Bihar Cabinet Sanctioned Rs 384 Cr for old age Pension Scheme
- Under the Chief Minister Old Age Pension Scheme, Bihar Government approved Rs. 384 Cr for payment of Pension for the FY 2019-2020.
- The amount is sanctioned from the Bihar Contingency Fund.
- Beneficiaries are above 60 years and who do not receive any salary, pension, family pension, social security pension either from central and state government.
- Total beneficiaries are 36.50 lakh.
- Those who are in the age-group of 60-79 will get Rs 400 per month while those above 80 will get Rs 500 per month as pension under the scheme.
- The cabinet also enhanced the corpus of the Bihar Contingency Fund from Rs 350 crore to Rs 8020.04 crore till March 30, 2020.
- Bihar- Capital City(Patna) CM (Nitish Kumar) Governor(Lalji Tandon)
- Official Language- Hindi
- National Park- Valmiki NP
- Bird Sanctuary- Nagi Dam BS, Nakti Dam BS
- Wildlife Sanctuary- Kaimur WLS, Bhimbandh WLS, Valmikinagar WLS, Gautam Buddha WLS, Chandra Prabha WLS
‘State Healthcare Investment Policy 2019’ by J&K Govt. to boost Medical infrastructure
- Jammu and Kashmir Government unveiled Healthcare Investment Policy-2019.
- The objective of this Policy is to promote and encourage the private parties and entrepreneurs for setting up healthcare infrastructure in the state by providing subsidies and incentives.
- 30% subsidy of capital investment will be provided for setting up of multi-specialty Hospitals, Super Specialty Hospitals, Medical Colleges, Nursing Colleges and Paramedical Colleges.
- This policy is approved by J&K State Administrative Council.
- J&K- Governor (Satya Pal Malik)
- National Parks- Dachigam NP, Hemis NP, Salim Ali NP, Kishtwar NP
- Wildlife Sanctuary- Hirpora WLS, Changtang WLS, Kanji WLS, Karakoram WLS
COMMITTEE IN NEWS – Daily Current Affairs
Kasturirangan committee submits new draft education policy to HRD Ministry
- Kasturirangan Committee submitted its draft of National Educational Policy (NEP) to HRD Minister and he recommended incorporation of Indian knowledge systems in the curriculum, constituting a National Education Commission and curbing arbitrary fees hikes by private schools.
- The expert panel also proposed massive transformation in Teacher Education.
- Kasturirangan was served ISRO as Chief from 1994 to 2003.
- HRD Minister- Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank (Haridwar, Uttarakhand)
RBI set up a committee on Corporate Loan
- The Reserve Bank of India has set up a six member committee on the development of Secondary Market Corporate Loan.
- The task of this committee is to recommend, how to increase the efficiencies of Debt Market and resolution for Stressed Assets.
- It will suggest appropriate measures for enhanced participation of buyers and sellers in loan sale/transfer.
- It will create a loan contract registry to remove information asymmetries between buyers and sellers
- This committee is headed by TN Mahoharan, Chairman of Canara Bank.
- RBI- Establishment (1935) Headquarter(Mumbai) Nationalization( 1949)
- Governor- Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governors- BP Kanungo, N S Vishwanathan, Viral V Acharya, MK Jain
ECONOMY – Daily Current Affairs
Financial Literacy Week to be observed from June 3-7
- RBI announced to celebrate Financial Literacy Week from June 3-7.
- Theme- ‘Farmers’ and how they benefit by being a part of the former banking system.
- The aim of this initiative is to create awareness about financial products and services, good financial practices, going digital and consumer protection.
- The Financial Literacy Week is an initiative by RBI to promote awareness on key topics every year through a focused campaign.
- The booklet FAME (Financial Awareness Messages) provides basic financial literacy messages for the information of general public has been uploaded in its website in 13 Regional Languages.
India’s Forex Reserve increased by 1.99 billion to 419.99 billion
- India’s Foreign Exchange Reserve increased by 1.99 billion to 419.99 billion UD Dollar.
- Gold reserves remained stable at 23.021 billion US Dollar.
APPOINTMENTS & FRESIGNATIONS – Daily Current Affairs
Anita Bhatia, an Indian-Origin appointed as the UN Women’s Deputy Executive Director
- UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres appointed Anita Bhatia, a person of Indian Origin as the UN Deputy ED.
- Her aim would be to focus on Gender equality and Women Empowerment.
- Bhatia is an expert in strategic partnerships, resource mobilization, and management.
CONFERENCES & SUMMITS – Daily Current Affairs
SWIFT India and South Asia conference was held in Mumbai
- The SWIFT India and South Asia conference was held at St. Regis Mumbai on 9th of May 2019.
- It was organized by SWIFT, a financial messaging service provider.
- The focus of this conference was towards Digitization, Payment system innovation and to discuss its major challenges like cyber security, customer unawareness and lack of skill.
- The industry leaders shared concern over fraud and cyber security and called for a need of a common set of security controls for corrective risk management.
- SWIFT – as a priority – wants to further accelerate the pace of innovation around the world by innovating on data and APIs.
- SWIFT (Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication)
- Founded in 1973, headquartered in Belgium
- SWIFT India Head- Mrs. Arundhati Bhattacharya
Download the Daily Current Affairs 1st June 2019 – Click Here
For More Daily Current Affairs – Click Here
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!