Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the important Daily Current Affairs 16th June 2019. These are important for the upcoming LIC AAO 2019, SBI PO/ Clerk 2019 Exams. Candidates those who were preparing for the examination can use this current affairs and also you can download the same as PDF.
Daily Current Affairs 16th June 2019
Shillong gets its first ever orchidarium
- In order to enhance the growth of eco-tourism, the Institute of Bio-Resources and Sustainable Development (IBSD) opened state-of-the-art orchidarium in Upper Shillong.
- The orchidarium which was constructed within a span of three months has over 20 varieties of orchids which are found in Meghalaya and its neighboring states.
- Of 17,000 species of orchids in the world, about 1,250 occur in India, of which nearly 300 are found in Meghalaya.
Meghalaya – Capital City(Shillong) CM(Conrad KongkalSangma) Governor(Tathagata Roy)
ZuzanaCaputova Sworn in as First Female President of Slovakia
- Anti-corruption campaigner ZuzanaCaputova was sworn in as Slovakia’s first female president.
- Caputova scored a convincing victory Smer- SD Candidate MarosSefcovic.
- Slovakia (Capital/Currency) – Bratislava/Euro
Jimmy Morales elected as the President of Guatemala
- After a tumultuous campaign Guatemala elected its 50th President, Jimmy Morales.
- He is from National Convergence Front party.
- He is a former comic actor who won the 2015 Guatemalan presidential election.
- Guatemala (Capital/Currency)- Guatemala City/ Guatemalan quetzal
150th Birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi celebrated in Dhaka
- The 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi was celebrated in Dhaka.
- The High Commission of India organised a bi-Cycle Rally at the Dhaka University campus on Saturday morning to mark his birth anniversary.
- The rally was inaugurated by High Commissioner of India Riva Ganguly Das and Vice Chancellor of Dhaka University Professor MdAkhtaruzzaman.
- Bangladesh (Capital/Currency)- Dhaka/Taka
- Prime Minister – Sheikh Hasina
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
AkshayaPatra wins BBC award
- AkshayaPatra, a non-profit organisation running one of the world’s largest school meals project in India, has been awarded the BBC World Service Global Champion Award for the programme.
- The award, presented at the BBC Food and Farming Awards in Bristol.
- This award recognises a person or project that is changing the way the world produces, processes, consumes or thinks about food for the better.
- The Bengaluru-based NGO was selected by an international panel of judges from nominations sent in by the World Service audience around the world.
SumanRao from Rajasthan crowned Miss India 2019
- SumanRao from Rajasthan has won the Femina Miss India World 2019 beauty pageant.
- SumanRao will represent India at Miss World 2019 in Thailand
- ShivaniJadhav from Chhattisgarh clinched Femina Miss Grand India 2019 title.
- ShreyaShanker from Bihar won Miss India United Continents 2019 title.
- This event took place at SardarVallabhbhai Patel indoor stadium in New Delhi.
FIFA Rankings: India remains at 101
- According to FIFA latest Team rankings, India remains at 101th position and their points too were unchanged from the previous standings of 1219 points.
- Belgium strengthens their top position adding nine points to the previous standings.
- 2nd position is taken by France while Brazil & England remained at 3rd and 4th
- FIFA (FédérationInternationale de Football Association)
- Founded: 21 May 1904
- Founded at: Paris, France
- Headquarters: Zürich, Switzerland
- President: Gianni Infantino
IAAF To Rename As World Athletics
- The IAAF Council approved the global governing body’s new name and logo at the 217th IAAF Council Meeting in Monaco.
- The 107-year-old International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) will soon be renamed as “World Athletics”.
- The new brand identity will begin its rollout in October after the IAAF World Athletics Championships Doha 2019 and following Congress’s approval of the change to the Federation’s legal name.
Former MP Rajnath Singh Surya passes away
- Former BJP RajyaSabha MP and senior journalist Rajnath Singh Surya passed away in Lucknow at an age of 82.
- He became a RajyaSabha MP in November 1996 and retired in November 2002.
Download the Daily Current Affairs 16th June 2019 – Click Here
For More Daily Current Affairs – Click Here
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!