Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the important Daily Current Affairs 15th June 2019. These are important for the upcoming LIC AAO 2019, SBI PO/ Clerk 2019 Exams. Candidates those who were preparing for the examination can use this current affairs and also you can download the same as PDF.
Daily Current Affairs 15th June 2019
IMPORTANT DAYS – Daily Current Affairs
15th June observed as World Elder Abuse Awareness Day
- World Elder Abuse Awareness Day is observed on 15th June every year.
- Elder abuse is a global social issue which affects the health and human rights of millions of older persons around the world, and an issue which deserves the attention of the international community.
- It was officially recognized by the United Nations General Assembly in December 2011.
- According to the UN, around 1 in 6 older people experience some form of abuse.
- United Nations- It is an International Organization. Its Objective of UN is to not only maintain International Peace and Security but also to develop Friendly relations among nations.
- Founded – 24th October, 1945
- Headquarter- New York,United States
- Secretary General- Antonio Guterres (9th SG OF UN)
- He is from PORTUGAL
- Portugal (Capital/Currency)- Lisbon/ Euro
- United States (Capital/Currency) – Washington, D.C/ US Dollar
NATIONAL UPDATES – Daily Current Affairs
ISRO for 1st time opens its laboratories for Indian school students
- The Indian Space Research Organization ISRO has, for the first time, opened its laboratories for Indian school students to undergo two-week training from this year.
- The first batch of 108 students drawn from all states and Union Territories recently completed their exposure in its laboratories in Bengaluru, Sriharikota, Thiruvananthapuram and other places.
- The training module has been devised as part of its new Young Scientists Programme, or YuvaVigyanikKaryakram, YUVIKA.
- Founded: 15 August 1969
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
- Founder: Vikram Sarabhai
- Director: Kailasavadivoo Sivan
Govt will achieve target of housing for all by early 2020
- Minister for Housing and Urban Affairs, Hardeep Singh Puri announced that the government will achieve the target of housing for all by early 2020 instead of its earlier set target of 2022.
- Mr Puri said, 83 lakh houses were already sanctioned when LokSabha elections were announced.
- According to him smart cities project is one of the fastest implemented projects in the world and 50 integrated command and control centres in Smart Cities will be operational by the end of December this year.
- He claimed that India will become the five trillion dollar economy by 2024. Mr Puri assured the industry that the government is committed to providing a better environment for its growth.
- Minister for Housing and Urban Affairs – Hardeep Singh Puri (Constituency –UP)
Culture Minister, ShriPrahlad Singh Patel, inaugurates the exhibition-‘Astitva
- ShriPrahlad Singh Patel, Minister of State (I/C) of Culture & Tourism, Government of India inaugurated the exhibition titled “Astitva: The Essence of PrabhakarBarwe”, at National Gallery of Modern Art in New Delhi.
- ‘Astitva: The essence of PrabhakarBarwe’, is the first of its kind to be held in New Delhi.
- Minister of State (I/C) of Culture & Tourism – Prahlad Singh Patel
BUSINESS & FINANCE – Daily Current Affairs
HCL to roll out “Tech Bee” programme
- HCL Technologies is all set to roll out “Tech Bee”, a company initiative under which it trains and hires students who have completed Plus Two.
- Tech Bee, HCL’s early career programme provides students an opportunity to start early, become financially independent and trendsetters.
- Students who wish to join this program should have scored a minimum of 60 per cent marks in their class 12 examination with mathematics as a compulsory subject. and to enrol in the program undergo an entrance test.
- Enrolled students are paid stipend of Rs 10,000 per month.
- While working at HCL, students can enrol in higher education programmes offered by reputed institutions like BITS Pilani and SASTRA University.
- The students after completion of required training will be recruited with salary range of Rs two lakh to Rs 2.5 lakh depending on what work stream they are taken into.
- They also would have to execute a service agreement of three years with HCL.
- HCL Technologies Limited is an Indian multinational information technology service and consulting company.
- Headquarters: Noida
- Founders: Shiv Nadar, ArjunMalhotra, AjaiChowdhry, YogeshVaidya, D.S. Puri
- CEO: C Vijayakumar
Dell is India’s most trusted brand in 2019, Amazon most trusted Internet brand
- According to a research by Trust Research Advisory (TRA) which is a research firm that releases a Brand Trust Report annually, Dell has emerged as India’s most trusted brand in 2019.
- Dell, which was at the 6th position last year, has risen to the top, while Samsung, which was 2018’s most trusted brand now ranks 6th.
- Automobile brand Jeep has emerged the second most trusted brand, up a whopping 551 ranks from last year.
- LIC and Amazon ranked 3rd and 4th spots and Apple iPhone emerged as India’s 5th most trusted brand.
Amazon dethrones Google as top global brand
- US retail giant Amazon has moved past hi-tech titans Apple and Google to become the world’s most valuable brand according to global market agency Kantar in its 2019’s “100 Top BrandZReport”.
- The brand value of Amazon surged by 52 percent to $315 billion.
- Amazon- It is an American multinational technology company based in Seattle, Washington that focuses on e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming and artificial intelligence.
- Founded: 5 July 1994
- Founder & CEO : Jeff Bezos
- Google- It is an an American multinational technology company that specializes in Internet-related services and products, which include online advertising technologies, search engine, cloud computing, software, and hardware.
- Founded: 4 September 1998
- Founders: Larry Page, Sergey Brin
- CEO: SundarPichai
- Parent organization: Alphabet Inc.
Forbes Global 2000 list
- Forbes Global 2000 list is out and 57 Indian companies have made it to the world’s largest public companies.
- The overall list has been topped by the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC) for the 7th year in a row.
- Out of the 61 countries represented on the list, the US accounts for the largest number of 575 companies, followed by China and Hong Kong (309) and Japan (223).
- Reliance Industries is the top-ranked Indian firm (71st rank globally).
- For the consumer financial sector, American Express has topped the chart while HDFC Ltd is ranked 7th. On the overall Global 2,000 list, HDFC is ranked 332nd .
- HDFC Bank ranked at 209th, ONGC at 220th, Indian Oil at 288th, TCS at 374th, ICICI Bank is ranked 400th, Larsen and Toubro (L&T) is ranked 438th, State Bank of India (SBI) is ranked 460th, NTPC is ranked 492nd.
- Forbes is an American business magazine.
- Editor-in-chief: Steve Forbes Based in: Jersey City, New Jersey, U.S
INTERNATIONAL UPDATES – Daily Current Affairs
India-Kyrgyz Business Forum
- Prime Minister NarendraModi also held bilateral meeting with the President of Kyrgyzstan SooronbeyJeenbekov.
- Prime Minister Modi, Kyrgyzstan President Jeenbekov jointly inaugurates India-Kyrgyz Business Forum.
- Addressing the India-Kyrgyz Business Forum, the Prime Minister said that India and Kyrgyzstan have given the final shape to the Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement (DTAA) and the bilateral investment treaty, which would help in creating a proper atmosphere for the bilateral trade.
- 15 agreements were signed for the strengthening of bilateral cooperation in a wide range of areas including strategic defence partnership.
- Kyrgyzstan (Capital/Currency) – Bishkek/ Som
- Recently SCO meet held in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
- Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO)
- Founded: 26 April 1996
- Headquarters: Beijing, China
- Secretary General: Vladimir Norov , Members (8)
- SCO Defence Ministers Meeting- Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
- SCO Foreign Ministers Meeting – Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
- SCO Mass Media Summit – Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
- India- Central Asia Summit – Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
New app to help students wishing to study in U.S.
- The U.S. Embassy organised its fifth annual ‘Student Visa Day’ on 12th
- In this annual Function they launched ‘EducationUSA India’, a mobile application to provide Indian students with “current, comprehensive and accurate information about studying in the U.S.
- The app is available on both iOS and Android-based mobile phones.
- It was launched by the Embassy in collaboration with the United States-India Educational Foundation.
- The application is designed to equip students with all the necessary pre-departure information for their time in the U.S
- A key feature of the app is the ‘AnswerBot’ that enables the users to get answers by typing in a question or simply choosing one from the existing database of FAQs.
- USA (Capital/Currency) – Washington, D.C / US Dollar
China’s largest ever Picasso exhibition opens today
- The largest Picasso exhibition ever held in China opens today featuring more than 100 works — many of them from the artist’s early years.
- Featured works include paintings, sculptures and drawings, and are accompanied by photos of the young Pablo in Barcelona and Paris.
- The first Picasso exhibition in China was held in 1983.
- China (Capital/Currency)- Beijing/ Renminbi
- President- Xi Jinping
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS – Daily Current Affairs
Two Tamil writers get SahityaAkademi awards
- Writers Sabarinathan and Devi Nachiappan have been conferred SahityaAkademi’sYuvaPuraskar and BalSahityaPuraskar awards for 2019.
- Sabarinathan has been awarded for his poetry collection ‘Vaal (Tail)’ published in 2016.
- Sabarinathan, who hails from Kazhugumalai in Thoothukudi district, has so far published two poetry collections. His first collection titled KalamKaalamAatam was published in 2011
- Nachiappan has received the award for her contributions to children’s literature.
- The SahityaAkademi Award is the second-highest literary honor in India. The SahityaAkademi, India’s National Academy of Letters, aims at “promoting Indian literature throughout the world”. The Akademi annually confers on writers of “the most outstanding books of literary merit”.
- First awarded: 1955
- Reward(s): ₹1 lakh (US$1,400)
- The YuvaPuraskar, also known as SahityaAkademiYuvaPuraskar, is a literary honor in India which SahityaAkademi, India’s National Academy of Letters, annually confers on young writers of outstanding works.
- First awarded: 2011
- Last awarded: 2017
- Reward: 50,000 INR
Download the Daily Current Affairs 15th June 2019 – Click Here
For More Daily Current Affairs – Click Here
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!