Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the important Daily Current Affairs 14th June 2019. These are important for the upcoming LIC AAO 2019, SBI PO/ Clerk 2019 Exams. Candidates those who were preparing for the examination can use this current affairs and also you can download the same as PDF.
Daily Current Affairs 14th June 2019
International Albinism Awareness day is observed on 13th June
- On 13th June International Albinism Awareness day is observed every year since 2005.
- Theme of 2019 – “Still Standing Strong”
- The day is observed to preserve the rights of persons with albinism and take efforts to ensure equal access for them to employment, education, justice and good health.
- On 18 December 2014, the United National General Assembly (UNGA) adopted resolution A/RES/69/170 proclaiming, with effect from 2015, 13 June as International Albinism Awareness Day.
- United Nations- It is an International Organization. Its Objective of UN is to not only maintain International Peace and Security but also to develop Friendly relations among nations.
- Founded – 24th October, 1945
- Headquarter- New York,United States
- Secretary General- Antonio Guterres (9th SG OF UN) à He is from PORTUGAL
- Portugal (Capital/Currency)- Lisbon/ Euro
- United States (Capital/Currency) – Washington, D.C/ US Dollar
World Blood Donor Day celebrated on 14th June
- World Blood Donor day is celebrated every year on 14 June across the world.
- The objective of this day is to raise awareness about the need for regular blood donations for saving lives and assuring individuals and communities to have affordable timely access for health care.
- World Blood Donor Day is observed on 14 June to mark the anniversary of Karl Landsteiner and started by World Health Organisation (WHO).
- It was first celebrated in 2004 to spread awareness about the need for regular blood donations.
- Theme for 2019 – “Blood donation and universal access to safe blood transfusion”
- Slogan for the campaign 2019 – “Safe blood for all”
- Host Country 2019 – Rawanda
- Theme for 2019 – “Blood connect us all”
- Slogan for the Campaign 2018 – “Be there for someone else, Share Life, Give Blood”
- Host country 2018 – Greece
- WHO – The World Health Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations that is concerned with international public health.
- Founded: 7 April 1948
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
- Head: TedrosAdhanom (Ethiopia – Addis Ababa/ Ethiopian Birr)
NATIONAL & STATE UPDATES
PM NarendraModi to chair NITI Aayog 5th meeting
- On 15th June, Prime Minister NarendraModi will chair the fifth meeting of the Governing Council of the NITI Aayog at the RashtrapatiBhavan in New Delhi.
- Key issues to be discussed in this meeting are as follows:
- Rainwater harvesting & the drought situation and relief measures
- Transforming agriculture and security issues with a focus on the Left Wing Extremism-affected districts
- Structural reforms to emphasis on the Agriculture Produce Marketing Committee Act and the Essential Commodities Act.
- Besides the Chief Ministers of the states all other Union Ministers will also take part in this meeting of NITI Aayog.
- The first meeting was held on 8 February, 2015
- The NITI Aayog is a policy think tank of the Government of India, established with the aim to achieve Sustainable Development Goals and to enhance cooperative federalism by fostering the involvement of State Governments of India in the economic policy-making process using a bottom-up approach.
- Formed: 1 January 2015
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- CEO: Amitabh Kant
- Chairman – NarendraModi
Cabinet Committee on Security approved the proposal to set up DRSO
- The Cabinet Committee on Security headed by Prime Minister NarendraModi has cleared the setting up of this new agency called the Defence Space Research Agency (DSRO).
- DSRO will develop sophisticated weapon systems and technologies to enhance the capabilities of the armed forces to fight wars in space.
- This agency will comprise scientists who will work closely with integrated staff officers of the three armed forces – the Indian Air Force, Army, and the Navy.
- DSRO will be providing research and development support to the Defence Space Agency (DSA), which comprises members of the three services and is headed by an Air Vice Marshal-level officer.
- The main objective of DSA is to fight wars in space. It will be headquartered in Bengaluru.
PM Kisan Pension Scheme: Farmers’ contribution to be Rs 100 per month
- Farmers will have to contribute 100 rupees per month under the PradhanMantriKisan Pension Yojana.
- This Yojnawill provide a minimum fixed monthly pension of 3,000 rupees on the attainment of 60 years.
- The central government will also contribute an equal amount to the pension fund to be managed by the LIC.
- LIC will be responsible for Pension payout.
- The Centre is planning to launch a village-level campaign to enroll an additional one crore farmers in Kisan Credit Card (KCC) scheme over the next 100 days.
- The cabinet also approved a separate pension scheme for farmers under the age group of 18-40 years with an aim to cover 5 crore beneficiaries in the first three years.
- LIC – Life Insurance Corporation of India is an Indian state-owned insurance group and investment company. It is the largest insurance company in India with an estimated asset value of ₹2,529,390 crore
- Founded: 1 September 1956 by GOI
- Headquarters: Mumbai
Central India got its First Sikh museum inaugurated in Raipur, Chhattisgarh
- On 7th June a museum exhibiting Sikh culture and tradition has opened in the heart of the state’s capital city Raipur.
- It was inaugurated by Chief Minister of the state BhupeshBhagel on the ‘Shahidi Divas’ of Sikh’s Guru ArjunDev, the fifth Guru of the Sikhs.
- The museum, Shri Guru TegBahadur Sikh Museum, located at GurudwaraGurusinghSabha in Guru Nanak Nagar.
- The museum enlightens visitors about the ten Sikh gurus and other personalities related to the religion.
- It also has a library and theatre in its 5,000 square feet premises where the visitors can also read books on Gurus and Sikh religion and learn more about the community’s history by watching movies in the theatre.
- Chhattisgarh – Capital City (Raipur) CM (BhupeshBhagel) Governor (Anandiben Patel)
ZPCC meeting of All India Radio stations begin in Kohima
- The North-East Zonal Programme Co-ordination Committee, ZPCC Meeting of All India Radio Stations began in Kohima, Nagaland.
- It is a two day meets (13th -14th June)
- The meeting is hosted by AIR Kohima under the aegis of Additional Director General (Programme), North East Region (NER).
- The main objective of the meet to focus on all major programme activities for the next three months. Current programme and administrative issues of AIR in the region will be discussed.
- ZPCC is the only forum where all AIR programmers can exchange views and ideas on programme production and management.
- Nagaland – Capital City (Kohima) CM (Neiphiu Rio) Governor (PadmanabhaAcharya)
Government reduces ESI contribution rate to 4 per cent
- Government has reduced the rate of contribution towards ESI Scheme from 6.5% to 4% with the employer’s share cut to 3.25%, from 4.75%, and the employee’s contribution lowered to 0.75% of wages, from 1.75%
- The wage ceiling of coverage is also enhance from Rs 15,000 per month to Rs 21,000 per month.
- The new rate will be effective from the 1st of July and it will benefit 3.6 crore employees and 12.85 lakh, employers.
- This scheme comes under Employees’ State Insurance Act 1948 (ESI Act 1948) which provides medical, cash, maternity, disability and dependent benefits to the insured person under this Act.
- ESI Act is administered by Employee’s State Insurance Corporation (ESIC).
- ESI – Employees’ State Insurance is a self-financing social security and health insurance scheme for Indian workers.
- Founded: 24 February 1952
El Salvador Legislative Assembly Declares “Forests Are Living Entities”
- On World Environment Day (5th June), the Legislative Assembly of El Salvador declared “forests are living entities.”
- El Salvador has lost about 85 percent of its native forests since the 1960s, and the planet as a whole has lost about 80 percent of its native forests.
- That’s why El Salvador has made a strong commitment to restoring its native landscapes.
- El Salvador (Capital / Currency) – San Salvador/ United States Dollar
Palestine honours Indian with ‘Star of Jerusalem’ award
- Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas has conferred an Indian national Sheikh Mohammad Munir Ansari with the Star of Jerusalem medal, one of the highest honours given to foreign nationals by the Palestinian Authority.
- The Palestinian President said the Ansari family’s presence in the old city of Jerusalem reflects the strong traditional ties between Indian and Palestinian people.
- Representative of India, Sunil Kumar, who was present the event, also appreciated the role played by the Ansari family in strengthening Indo-Palestine ties.
- In 2011, India had honoured Sheikh Munir Ansari with the Pravasi Divas Samman, the highest honour conferred on overseas Indians.
- Palestine (Capital/Currency) – Ramallah, East Jerusalem / Israeli new shekel, Egyptian pound, Jordanian dinar
- President- Mahmoud Abbas
India to be guest country at Guadalajara International Book Fair
- India has been designated as Guest of Honour at 33rd Guadalajara International Book Fair (also called Feria Internacional del Libro de Guadalajara), in Mexico.
- The book fair, will be organised from 30 November 2019 to 8 December 2019.
- The book fair will display a dedicated India pavilion that will display more than 35 Indian authors and artists, along with 15 publishing houses.
- India will showcase wide array of its rich and composite literary and cultural heritage by undertaking literary and academic activities at the event.
- Ancient and rare manuscripts such as that of ‘Ramayana’ and ‘Mahabharata’ will be put on exhibition at the event, along with paintings, handicrafts and photo books.
- Guadalajara International Book Fair:
- Inaugurated – 1987
- Organized by – University of Guadalajara
- Mexico (Capital/Currency)- Mexico City/ Peso
- 58th President of Mexico – Andrés Manuel LópezObrador
BANKING & FINANCE
A penalty of Rs 11.25 lakh by RBI on Yes Bank, ZipCash
- A penalty of Rs 11.25 lakh each has been imposed on the two prepaid payment instrument(PPI) issuers ZipCash and Yes Bank for violating PPI norms.
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founders: RanaKapoor, Ashok Kapur
- Tagline: Experience our expertise
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: 2007
INDEX & RANKING
Global Peace Index 2019
- This is the thirteenth edition of the Global Peace Index (GPI), which ranks 163 independent states and territories according to their level of peacefulness.
- GPI is the world’s leading measure of global peacefulness.
- Produced by the Institute for Economics and Peace (IEP)
- India has ranked 141 out of 163 countries.
- Iceland remained at the top and Afghanistan is now the least peaceful country in the world.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
Mr Shivakumaran K M took charge as new Director (HR) at BEL
- Mr Shivakumaran K M took charge as Director (HR) at Navratna Defence PSU Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) on June 11, 2019.
- He was serving as GM (HR) at BEL’s Bangalore Complex before his elevation.
- He joined BEL in the year 1989 as Assistant Personnel Manager at Corporate Office and later worked at the Company’s Bangalore and Hyderabad Units.
- Bharat Electronics Limited is an Indian state-owned aerospace and defence company.
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
EVENT & CONFERENCE
Namaste Thailand Film Festival to start today in Delhi
- 3rd Edition of Thai Film Festival “Namaste Thailand Film Festival” started in New Delhi today.
- The festival is being inaugurated today at 7 pm by the Ambassador of Thailand H.E ChutintornGongsakdi.
- The 1st edition of Thai film festival was inaugurated in 2017 to celebrate the 70 years of Indo-Thai Diplomatic Relations.
- The Royal Thai Embassy is organizing the annual Namaste Thailand Film Festival at PVR Select Citywalk, New Delhi.
- The event aims to bridge the gap between Thai and Indian audiences by bringing a taste of Thai films to the Indian audience.
- Thailand (Capital/Currency) – Bangkok/ Thai Bhat
- Prime Minister – Prayuth Chan-ocha
Former MP Minister ShivnarayanMeena passed away
- Senior Congress leader and former Madhya Pradesh minister ShivnarayanMeena passed away at an age of 68.
- Meena, a four-time MLA from Chachoura state assembly of Guna district.
- Madhya Pradesh- Capital City (Bhopal) CM(Kamal Nath) Governor(Anandiben Patel)
Download the Daily Current Affairs 14th June 2019 – Click Here
For More Daily Current Affairs – Click Here
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!