Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the important Daily Current Affairs 10th June 2019. These are important for the upcoming LIC AAO 2019, SBI PO/ Clerk 2019 Exams. Candidates those who were preparing for the examination can use this current affairs and also you can download the same as PDF.
Daily Current Affairs 10th June 2019
STATES IN NEWS
Goa cabinet approves 10% reservation for economically weaker section in general category
- The Goa state cabinet approved 10 % reservation for economically weaker sections of general category in education and employment.
- Goa appointed Devidas Pangam as its new advocate general.
- Goa – Capital City (Panji) CM (Pramod Sawant) Governor (Mridula Sinha)
India Gets Its First Dinosaur-Museum-Cum-Park In Gujarat
- India’s first Dinosaur-Museum-cum-Park opened in Gujarat in the Mahisagar district and this museum is set to give visitors a Jurassic Park kind of a feel.
- This museum-cum-park is inaugurated by Gujarat CM Vijay Rupani on Saturday.
- This museum is located in Raiyoli area which is known to be the third largest dinosaur fossil site in the world, and also the second largest dinosaur hatchery in the world, where thousands of eggs had been found.
- Dinosaur Museum cum Park is the first such park in the country and the world’s third park.
- Gujarat – Capital City (Gandhinagar) CM (Vijay Rupani) Governor (OP Kohli)
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Former Pres. Jimmy Carter to received George H. W. Bush Award for Statesmanship
- Former President of USA Jimmy Carter honored with the George H.W. Bush Award for his contributions to relations between the U.S. and China.
- James Earl Carter Jr. is an American politician and philanthropist who served as the 39th president of the United States from 1977 to 1981.
Teen Climate Activist Greta Thunberg gets Amnesty Award for Fighting against Peril of Global Warming
- Sweden’s teenage climate activist Greta Thunberg on Friday was awarded a prestigious Amnesty International award for Fighting against Peril of Global Warming.
- She began “Fridays for Future” movement that has seen students strike from school to take part in climate protests.
- Amnesty International is a London-based non-governmental organization focused on human rights.
- Headquarters: London, United Kingdom
- Founder: Peter Benenson
- Founded: July 1961
- Secretary-General – Kumi Naidoo
India’s automobile major Mahindra wins Gold Award in South Africa
- India’s automobile major Mahindra won the Gold Award in South Africa.
- Mahindra received the award from the country’s National Automobile Dealers’ Association (NADA) which tests dealers’ satisfaction with the way a brand supports and communicates with them.
- The automobile giant, which has more than 60 dealers in South Africa, secured the top position out of the 29 vehicle brands surveyed for the awards.
- CEO of Mahindra South Africa – Rajesh Gupta
Yuvraj Singh Announces his retirement from International Cricket
- The 37-year-old All Rounder Yuvraj Singh is set to retire from international cricket with immediate effect.
- He scored 1,900 runs in the longest format of the game with three hundreds and 11 half-centuries.
- Yuvraj played the last of his 304 one-day internationals two years ago.
- He was part of the victorious 2019 Mumbai Indians squad in the Indian Premier League but played in only four matches during the campaign.
French Open 2019
- The 2019 French Open was a Grand Slam tennis tournament played on outdoor clay courts.
- It was held at the Stade Roland Garros in Paris, France from 26 May to 9 June, comprising singles, doubles and mixed doubles play.
- It was the 123rd edition of the French Open and the second Grand Slam event of 2019.
- Men’s Singles – Rafael Nadal (Sapinish) defeated DomnicThiem(Austrian)
- Women’s Singles- Ashleigh Barty(Australian) defeated Marketa Vondrousova (Czech)
- Men’s Doubles – Kevin Krawietz (German) & Andreas Mies(German) Defeated Jérémy Chardy (French) & Fabrice Martin(French)
- Women’s Doubles – Tímea Babos (Hungarian) & Kristina Mladenovic (French) defeated Duan Yingying (Chinese) & Zheng Saisai (Chinese)
- Mixed Doubles – Latisha Chan(Chinese)& Ivan Dodig (Croatia) Defeated Gabriela Dabrowski (Canadian) & Mate Pavić (Croatia)
Lewis Hamilton wins Canadian Grand Prix
- Lewis Hamilton claimed his seventh Canadian Grand Prix win after rival Sebastian Vettel was hit with a controversial five second penalty.
- Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE is a British racing driver who races in Formula One for Mercedes-AMG Petronas Motorsport.
Actor and playwright Girish Karnad passes away
- Noted actor, dramatist and Jnanpith awardee Girish Karnad passed away in Bengaluru at an age of 81.
- He received the Highest Literary award named Jnanpith Award in 1998.
- Chief Minister of Karnataka, H D Kumaraswamy has announced three days mourning and one day holiday today as a mark of respect to the noted writer.
Download the Daily Current Affairs 10th June 2019 – Click Here
For More Daily Current Affairs – Click Here
Average rating / 5. Vote count: