Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the important Current Affairs of 30 November, 2017. The following current affairs important for the upcoming IBPS Clerk, RBI Assistant mains examination.
How to read EP’s Current Affairs?
Simply tap on the Current Affairs topic box & read.
US-India Business Council launches WISE Initiative in India
- The US-India Business Council (USIBC) on 27 November 2017 launched a collaborative initiative for Women Entrepreneurs titled ‘Women for Women Innovators, Social Leaders & Entrepreneurs’ (WISE).
- The program was launched during USIBC’s Road to GES event ‘Creating the Foundations of Innovation’.
- Highlights of ‘Women for Women Innovators, Social Leaders & Entrepreneurs’ (WISE)
- WISE will be led by Country Head of Intel India Nivruti Rai, CMD of Biocon Limited of Kiran Mazumdar Shaw, Chairman of IBM India of Vanitha Narayanan, MD of Kalaari Capital of Vani Kola, and Producer of Girl Rising Amita Vyas.
- The vision of the WISE initiative is ‘women supporting women to participate in creating the future of India’.
- WISE will work with key women leaders to offer mentoring, and development opportunities for women entrepreneurs to increase women’s participation in growing India’s economy.
- It will provide a platform to engage multiple stakeholders to conceptualize and roll out programs to encourage women professionals, innovators and entrepreneurs.
- It will encourage a policy environment to increase the number of women innovators, entrepreneurs and leaders.
Indian Coast Guard conducts marine pollution response exercise ‘Clean Sea- 2017’
- The Indian Coast Guard on 29 November 2017 conducted a Regional Level Marine Oil Pollution Response Exercise ‘Clean Sea – 2017’ at sea off Port Blair, capital of Andaman and Nicobar Islands .
- The main objective of the exercise was to ascertain the preparedness of the Indian Coast Guard, resource agencies and other stakeholders in responding to a major oil spill in line with the provisions of the National Oil Spill Disaster Contingency Plan.
- The key highlight of the exercise was participation of one ICG Pollution Control Vessel and integration of the Indian Coast Guard Dornier/Chetak aircraft into the Oil Spill Disaster Management System for aerial assessment/ delivery of Oil Spill Dispersant for mitigation of the spilled oil.
India and Italy sign MoU for enhanced cooperation in health sector
- India and Italy on 29 November 2017 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for enhanced cooperation in the health sector.
- The agreement was signed by Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare J P Nadda and Health Minister of Italy Beatrice Lorenzin.
- The MoU is aimed at establishing comprehensive inter-ministerial and inter-institutional cooperation between the two countries in the field of health.
Dia Mirza turns UN Environment Goodwill Ambassador for India
- Actress-producer Dia Mirza has been appointed UN Environment Goodwill Ambassador for India.
- Dia, who is also the brand ambassador for the Wildlife Trust of India, will take up the role to add more weight to her work on raising awareness and seeking solutions for environmental issues that the world, and India in particular, face, read a statement on Thursday.
- As a Goodwill Ambassador, Dia will work with the UN to further spread the message on priority areas including clean air, clean seas, wildlife protection and climate change.
Mirabai Chanu wins gold medal at World Weightlifting Championship
- Saikhom Mirabai Chanu became the first Indian in last two decades to win a gold medal at the World Weightlifting Championship in Anaheim, USA. With this medal she closed the page of her forgettable outing at the Rio Olympics.
- Sukcharoen Thunya from Thailand with a total lift of 193 kg won the silver medal, while Segura Ana Iris with 182kg bagged the brozne.
- Chanu came with the flying colour in Anaheim which was very different from the way things panned out in the Rio Olympics last year. She could not get an overall total in women’s 48kg after failing to lift the weight in any of her three attempts in clean & jerk section. Among the twelve lifters at the Rio Olympics Games, she was one of two lifters who did not finish (DNF) her event.
- Before her, only Karnam Malleshwari, Olympic bronze medallist, had won the top prize in world’s Championship twice – in 1994 and 1995.
- Some of the world’s top weightlifting nations such as Russia, China, Kazakhstan, Ukraine and Azerbaijan could not take part in the competition due to issues related to doping.
Srikanth, Sindhu win top awards at Indian Sports Honours 2017
- The Inaugural edition of the Indian Sports Honours, which was held in Mumbai, saw Kidambi Srikanth and P V Sindhu grab the top honours.
- While ace shuttler Srikanth, who won four Super Series titles this year, won the Sportsman of the Year award, Rio Olympics silver medallist Sindhu won the Sportswoman of the Year award in the individual sport category.
- In the team sport category, Ravichandran Ashwin, who recently achieved the feat of becoming the fastest bowler to reach ‘Club 300’ in Test cricket, was awarded Sportsman of the Year award, while women’s cricket team captain Mithali Raj was awarded Sportswoman of the Year award.
- The Indian Women’s Cricket Team, which was the runners-up in the ICC Women’s World Cup 2017, was named the ‘Team of the Year’.
That’s all for today. If you want all the above news in a single pdf, simply Click Here to Download PDF.