Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the important Current Affairs Today 4th September 2019. These are important for the upcoming Exams. Candidates those who were preparing for the examination can use these current affairs and also you can download the same as PDF.
Current Affairs Today – 4th September 2019
BANKING CURRENT AFFAIRS
ESIC Signs an Agreement with SBI
- Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) signed Memorandum of Agreement (MoA) with State Bank of India for direct transfer of benefits electronically into bank accounts of all stakeholders.
- As per an agreement signed between the two, SBI will provide e-payment services directly to bank accounts of all ESIC beneficiaries and payees.
State Bank of India: Founded on: As 2 June 1806 (Bank of Calcutta), 15 April 1840 (Bank of Bombay), 1 July 1843 (Bank of Madras), 27 January 1921 (Imperial Bank of India), 1 July 1955 (State Bank of India)
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chairman: Rajnish Kumar
- SBI is the largest commercial bank and the largest mortgage lender across the country.
- SBI has 22,010 branches and 58,000 ATM/CDM across India.
ESIC: Employees’ State Insurance is a self-financing social security and health insurance scheme for Indian workers. The fund is managed by the Employees’ State Insurance Corporation according to rules and regulations stipulated in the ESI Act 1948.
- Founded: 24 February 1952
- Headquarters location: Madrid, Spain
FINANCE AND ECONOMY
Reliance Power inks pact with JERA for power project in Bangladesh
- Reliance Power has signed a partnership agreement with Japanese energy major Japan’s Energy For a New Era (JERA).
- Reliance Power will hold 51 per cent stake, while JERA will hold 49 per cent stake in the joint venture company.
- They will jointly set up 750 mega watt gas-based combined cycle power project at Meghnaghat, Bangladesh.
Bangladesh (Capital/Currency): Dhaka/Taka
- Prime Minister: Sheikh Hasina
Reliance Power Limited, formerly Reliance Energy Generation Limited is a part of the Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group. It was established to develop, construct, operate and maintain power projects in the Indian and international markets.
- Headquarters: Navi Mumbai
- Founder: Dhirubhai Ambani
NATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS
Asia VR based Advanced Driver Training Simulator Centre launched
- Asia’s 5th Generation Virtual Reality based Advanced Driver Training Simulator Centre launched by Rtn G Chandramohan, Rotary Governor, Rotary International District 3232, at the Automobile Association of Southern India Centre (AASI) Chennai.AASI train 200 Ambulance drivers free of cost, under Safe Drivers Campaign.
- The patented simulator designed and developed by Chennai based Red Chariots Technologies Pvt Ltd.
Govt mulls to establish 42 new outlets of PMBJAK within health care institutions in J&K
- In Jammu and Kashmir, Government is mulling to establish 42 new outlets of Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Aushadhi Kendra (PMBJAK) within health care institutions in the state.
- This was stated by Financial Commissioner of J&K Health & Medical Education Atal Dulloo.
- Out of these 42 outlets, 19 will be opened in Jammu Division and 23 in Kashmir Division.
IGI gets Indias tallest ATC Tower
- Union Minister of state for civil aviation Hardeep Singh Puri inaugurated a new air traffic control (ATC) tower at Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport, New Delhi.
- The cost of the ATC tower is Rs.350 crore.
- The tower consists of three buildings: the aerodrome control tower, area approach control services building, and the administrative block.
- The tower is facilitated with modern air navigation systems and advanced automation systems.
- The height of the ATC tower is 101.9 metres.
Over 6,000 Railway Station to be equipped with free Wi-Fi facilities by end of September
- More than six thousand Railway Station will be equipped with free Wi-Fi facilities by the end of this month.
- People can use the wi-fi service free of cost for net surfing, for streaming Videos and do their offices work on-line.
- RailTel has taken a lead in providing fast Wi-Fi for the use of passengers.
- Free Wi-Fi is a pro-passenger initiative of the Railway Ministry which in line the Prime Minister’s ‘Digital India’ programme.
Indian Railways: Indian Railways is India’s national railway system operated by the Ministry of Railways. It manages the fourth largest railway network in the world by size, with a route length of 67,368-kilometre and total track length of 121,407-kilometre as of March 2017.
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Customer service: 139
Tourism Minister inaugurates first-ever architectural LED illumination at Qutub Minar
- Minister of State for Culture and Tourism Prahalad Singh Patel inaugurated first-ever architectural LED illumination at the Qutub Minar.
- With the illumination, the architectural beauty of the 12th-century monument will display its historic majesty after sunset.
- Qutb Minar is a UNESCO World Heritage Site is one of most visited historical site in Delhi.
Prakash Javadekar Unveils New Logo, Certificate Design of CBFC
- Union Minister for Information & Broadcasting Prakash Javadekar unveiled the new logo and certificate design of the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC).
- The introduction of a QR code in the new certificate design is in sync with the world of digital technology and will bring in greater transparency and provide information to filmmakers in a better way.
CBFC: The Central Board of Film Certification also wrongly known as Censor Board; is a statutory censorship and classification body under the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Government of India.
- Founded: 1951
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Chairman: Prasoon Joshi
STATE CURRENT AFFAIRS
JK govt to provide piped water to every household by 2022
- Jammu and Kashmir government is planning to supply piped water to each and every household in the state by 2022.
- Public Health Engineering and Irrigation and Flood Control Secretary AK Sahu held a meeting in Jammu on Tuesday to review the preparedness of Jammu region in this regard.
- The state government has already provided 848 crore rupees for water supply schemes in the Jammu region.
Mahakaleshwar temple in Ujjain to be developed on lines of Kashi Vishwanath Temple
- In Madhya Pradesh, Mahakaleshwar temple in Ujjain will be developed on the lines of the ongoing development works at Kashi Vishwanath Temple in Varanasi.
- Mahakaleshwar Jyotirlinga is a temple dedicated to Lord Shiva and one of the twelve Jyotirlingams, which are said to be the most sacred abodes of Lord Shiva.
- A plan of Rs 300 crore has been prepared for this proposed development of Mahakal temple.
- A high-level committee of three ministers has also been formed to plan the development.
Uttar Pradesh: Capital City (Lucknow) CM (Yogi Adityanath) Governor (Anandiben Patel)
INTERNATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS
India, Pak agree to visa-free travel of Indian pilgrims for Kartarpur Sahib Corridor
- India and Pakistan today agreed to visa-free travel of Indian pilgrims, without any restrictions based on their faith for the Kartarpur Sahib Corridor.
- The understanding was reached during the third round of talks on the modalities for operationalization of the Kartarpur Sahib Corridor held today at Attari.
Pakistan (Capital/Currency): Islamabad/Pakistani Rupees
- Prime Minister: Imran Khan
- President: Arif Alvi
Iranian army introduces a new homegrown jet-propelled drone called Kian
- Iranian Army unveiled a high-precision jet-propelled drone called Kian.
- The capacity of carrying long-time surveillance missions and attack the targets far from the country’s borders.
- The unmanned military drone developed in two models.
- It was developed by Iranian technicians of the Army.
Iran (Capital/Currency): Tehran/ Iranian rial
- President: Hassan Rouhani
SUMMITS AND CONFERENCES
Fourth South Asian Speakers Summit organised in Maldives
- Fourth South Asian Speakers Summit on achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) held in Malé, the Maldives from September 1-2.
- It is jointly organized by the Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU) and the People’s Majlis(the single legislative body of the Maldives).
- The summit attended by Secretary-General of the IPU, Martin Chungong and senior lawmakers from Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka.
Maldives (Capital/Currency): Male/ Maldivian rufiyaa
- President: Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
Joint India-New Development Bank Workshop held in New Delhi
- A joint India- New Development Bank workshop was held in New Delhi.
- The workshop was organized to enhance the NDB’s engagement with the India’s private and public sector.
- AIM: to support the Indian public and private sector for infrastructure development through innovative means such as loans in local currency, guarantees, credit enhancement and equity investments.
CEC Sunil Arora assumes charge as AWEB Chairman
- Chief Election Commissioner Sunil Arora assumed Chairmanship of Association of World Election Bodies, AWEB for the term 2019-21 as India takes over the Chair from Romania.
- India was unanimously nominated to be the Vice-Chair of AWEB at the last General Assembly held at Bucharest in 2017.
- The AWEB Flag was handed over to the new Chairman, Sunil Arora and it will remain with Election Commission of India for the two year term till 2021.
SPORTS CURRENT AFFAIRS
Hamilton Masakadza announces retirement from International Cricket
- Zimbabwe captain Hamilton Masakadza has announced to retire from international cricket after conclusion of Bangladesh & Afghanistan T20I Tri-series.
- He has represented Zimbabwe in 38 Tests, 209 ODIs and 62 T20Is since making his international debut against West Indies in 2001.
- In his overall international career, he scored 9,410 international runs including 10 international tons and 42 half-centuries.
DEFENCE CURRENT AFFAIRS
Indian Army Team Summit MT Leo Pargyil
- Indian Army successfully summited Mount Leo Pargyil (6773M). This summit took place on 20th August 2019 in harsh weather hoisting the National Flag atop Mt Leo Pargyil.
- The expedition flagged in by Lieutenant General PM Bali, AVSM, VSM, COS, Western Command on 31 Aug 2019 at Jhakri near Rampur Bushar.
India, US to carry out joint Military Exercise “Yudh Abhyas 2019”
- Indo-US defence cooperation, a joint military training, Exercise “Yudh Abhyas 2019”.
- This exercise is being conducted at Joint Base Lewis Mc Chord, Washington, USA from 05-18 September 2019.
- This will be the 15th edition of the joint exercise hosted alternately between the two countries.
- Chief of the Army Staff of India: General Bipin Rawat.
- Chief of Staff for the U.S. Army: Mark A Milley.
BOOKS & AUTHORS
A new book entitled First They Erased Our Name A Rohingya Speaks
- A new book entitled First They Erased Our Name: A Rohingya Speaks book journalist Sophie Ansel(France) released by Penguin Random House on September 9, 2019.
- The book explains about the Rohingya community through the eyes of a Rohingya.
A new book released on the history of Pakistan’s Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
- The book, “India’s Lost Frontier the Story of the North-West Frontier Province of Pakistan”, has been penned by veteran civil servant Raghvendra Singh.
- He was the Director-General of the National Archives of India.
- This book presents the chronicles of Congress leadership in 1947 surrendered India’s claim on the “tactically important” province despite the resistance of Mahatma Gandhi and some influential political leaders of the region.
Global Goalkeeper Award 2019 for Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has announced the Global Goalkeeper Award 2019 for Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The award recognizes his goal-oriented venture plan Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.
- Along with PM Modi, 10 other individuals are to be awarded for their great work.
- Swachh Bharat Abhiyan or the Clean India Mission was introduced as a tribute to Mahatma Gandhi on October 2 in 2014.
- The Swachh Bharat Abhiyan meant to make India the Open Defecation Free (ODF) by 2019.
- The campaign will be completed by 2 October 2019 to commemorate the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
ESA and NASA partners for asteroid deflection
- The European space agency (ESA) has announced its plan to partner with the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) to stop asteroids hitting Earth.
- The teams from both the space agencies will meet in Rome in the month of September.
- The teams will discuss to deflect the potentially threatening asteroids away from colliding with the planet.
NASA: The National Aeronautics and Space Administration is an independent agency of the United States Federal Government responsible for the civilian space program, as well as aeronautics and aerospace research.
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
- Founder: Dwight D. Eisenhower
- Founded: 29 July 1958, United States
- Administered by: Jim Bridenstine
ESA: The European Space Agency is an intergovernmental organisation of 22 member states dedicated to the exploration of space.
- Headquarters: Paris, France
- Founded: 30 May 1975, Europe
- CEO: Johann-Dietrich Wörner
Japanese woman gets worlds 1st stem cell corneal transplant
- Japan woman becomes the first person in the world to receive a corneal transplant made from induced pluripotent stem cells (iPS).
- The treatment was successfully carried out by a team of researchers led by ophthalmologist Kohji Nishida at Osaka University.
Japan (Capital/Currency): Tokyo/Yen
- Prime Minister: Sinzo Abe
Download the Daily Current Affairs 4th September 2019 – Click Here
For More Daily Current Affairs – Click Here
Note: We have launched separate webiste for Free PDF which has All Free PDF Materials, Topic wise questions on Reasoning, Aptitude, English, General Awareness, Current Affairs, Insurance Awareness, Banking Awareness, Previous Year Question Paper and more. Visit: pdf.exampundit.in
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!