Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the important Current Affairs Today 28th November 2019. These are important for the upcoming Exams. Candidates those who were preparing for the examination can use these current affairs and also you can download the same as PDF.
Current Affairs Today – 28th November 2019
FINANCE AND ECONOMY
ADB approves 2nd tranche of USD 150 mn for West Bengal
- The Asian Development Bank has approved the 2nd tranche of USD 150 million (about Rs 1,065 crore) for West Bengal to boost capital investment and infrastructure in the state.
- The board of ADB approved a loan of $ 300 million (about Rs 2,130 crore) to continue a comprehensive series of fiscal reforms in West Bengal to revive financial health of public sector enterprises, the introduction of medium-term expenditure frameworks in two departments, and implementation of an integrated tax monitoring system, among others.
- Capital: Kolkata
- Chief Minister: Mamata Banerjee
- Governor: Jagdeep Dhankhar
- National Park: Buxa NP, Gorumara NP, Neora Valley NP, Singalila NP, Sunderban NP, JaldaparaNP
ADB: The Asian Development Bank is a regional development bank established on 19 December 1966, which is headquartered in the Ortigas Center located in the city of Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, Philippines. The company also maintains 31 field offices around the world to promote social and economic development in Asia.
- Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Philippines
- President: Currently Vacant
- Founded: 19 December 1966
- Membership: 68 countries
- Purpose: Economic development
NATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS
Cabinet increased the authorized capital of FCI to Rs.10000 crore
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) chaired by the PM Narendra Modi approved to increase the authorized capital of Food Corporation of India (FCI) to Rs.10,000 crore.
- Earlier the capital allocated for FCI was Rs.3,500 crore.
FCI: The Food Corporation of India is an organization created and run by the Government of India and also run by state Governments. Its top official is designated as Chairman. It was set up in 1965 with its Initial headquarters at Chennai. Later this was moved to New Delhi.
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Founder: Government of India
- Founded: 1965
- Owner: Government of India
STATE CURRENT AFFAIRS
Assam imposed a complete ban on gutka and pan masala
- The Assam state government imposed a complete ban on gutka and pan masala in the state for a year.
- The State government passed an order under clause (a) of Sub-section 2 of Section 30 of the Food Safety and Security Act, 2006 with an immediate effect.
- The ban prohibits the manufacture, sale, distribution, storage, display, and transportation of gutka and pan masala.
- Chief Minister: Sarbananda Sonowal
- Governor: Jagdish Mukhi
- National Park: Dibru-Saikhowa NP, Kaziranga NP, Manas NP, Nameri NP, Rajiv Gandhi Orang NP
INTERNATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS
Indian Women’s Association donates two electric vehicles in Nepal
- Indian Women’s Association (IWA) has donated two electric vehicles to Pashupati Area Development Trust (PADT) in Nepal. President of IWA, Namrita Puri handed over vehicles to Dr Pradip Dhakal, Member-Secretary of PADT in Kathmandu.
- These eco-friendly vehicles will be very helpful for the pilgrims visiting holy Pashupati temple especially for elderly and differently-abled people, women and children.
- The vehicles will also create employment opportunity for women.
Nepal (Capital/Currency): Kathmandu/ Nepalese rupee
- President: Bidhya Devi Bhandari
SUMMITS AND CONFERENCES
NuGen Mobility Summit 2019
- The International Centre for Automotive Technology (ICAT) is organizing a NuGen Mobility Summit, 2019 in Gurugram, Haryana.
- NuGen is a platform to showcase the capabilities and explore the new generation technologies.
- The objective of the Summit is to share new ideas, learnings, global experiences, innovations and future technology trends for faster adoption, assimilation and development of advanced automotive technologies for a smarter and greener future.
- Capital: Chandigarh
- Chief Minister: Manohar Lal Khattar
- Governor: Satyadev Narayan Arya
- National Park: Sultanpur National Park, Kalesar National Park
47th All India Police Science Congress begins in Lucknow
- The 47th All India Police Science Congress (AIPSC) begins in Lucknow.
- The event will be inaugurated by Puducherry Lieutenant Governor and retired IPS officer Kiran Bedi.
- Uttar Pradesh Police in association with the Home Ministry and the Bureau of Police Research and Development is organising the event at the police headquarters in Lucknow.
- Capital: Lucknow
- Chief Minister: Yogi Adityanath
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
- Nation Park: Dudhwa National Park
DEFCOM India 2019
- The DEFCOM INDIA 2019 seminar commenced at Manekshaw Centre, New Delhi.
- The theme for the seminar is, “Communications: A Decisive Catalyst for Jointness”.
- The seminar is devoted to the seminal theme of leveraging communications for achieving jointness between the three services.
- Chief Minister: Arvind Kejriwal
- Governor: Anil Baijal
8th WATEC Israel 2019
- Union Minister of Jal Shakti, represented India at the 8 WATEC (Water Technology and Environment Control) Conference 2019.
- The theme of the conference is “Water Stewardship and Innovation–driving global leadership in the responsible planning management, and protection of water”.
- The conference held at David Intercontinental in Tel Aviv, Israel.
- The conference, organized by Kenes Exhibitions, aimed to get updates on technologies related to water and environmental management.
- Union Minister of Jal Shakti: Gajendra Singh Shekhawat
SPORTS CURRENT AFFAIRS
Abhishek-Jyothi wins compound mixed pair gold at Asian Archery C’ships
- Abhishek Verma and Jyothi Surekha Vennam claimed the gold in compound mixed pair event at the 21st Asian Archery Championships, which ended in Bangkok, Thailand.
- The Indians defeated Chinese Taipei opponents Yi-Hsuan Chen and Chieh-Luh Chen 158-151 in the final clash.
- India picked up seven medals including one gold, two silver and four bronze meddles in the event.
Thailand (Capital/Currency): Bangkok/ Thai baht
- Prime Minister: Prayut Chan-o-cha
DEFENCE CURRENT AFFAIRS
India & Japan holds Mine Counter measure Exercise(MINEX) 2019
- A maiden bilateral exercise between the Indian Navy and the Japanese Maritime Self Defence Force (JMSDF) have conducted Mine Countermeasure Exercise (MINEX) 2019 at Kochi, Kerala.
- Officials of the Indian Navy and from the warships Bungo and Takashima of JMSDF’s Minesweeper (a naval ship that is deployed in removing naval mines) Division 3, commanded by Captain Seiji Ikubu took part in the exercise.
Royal Aeronautical Society honour for DRDO chief G Satheesh Reddy
- Royal Aeronautical Society (RAeS) London has conferred the Honorary Fellowship of the Society for the year 2019 to G Satheesh Reddy, Secretary Department of Defence R&D and Chairman DRDO.
- He is the first Indian recipient of this prestigious award in over 100 years.
- The Society’s highest award is bestowed in recognition of Reddy’s pioneering technological contributions over the past three decades which has enabled the country to realise frontline military systems and world-class missile technologies.
DRDO: The Defence Research and Development Organisation is an agency of the Government of India, charged with the military’s research and development, headquartered in New Delhi, India.
- Headquarters location: New Delhi
- Motto: बलस्य मूलं विज्ञानम्; “Strength’s Origin is in Science” (Sanskrit)
- Founded: 1958
- Minister responsible: Rajnath Singh, Minister of Defence
- Chairman: Dr G. Satheesh Reddy
Neha Dixit was awarded the 2019 International Press Freedom Award
- The Indian journalist Neha Dixit was awarded the 2019 International Press Freedom Award by the Committee to Protect Journalists (CPJ).
- She has covered gender, politics, and social justice in print, TV, and online media for more than a decade.
- The award recognized her investigation that shed a light on important issues in the country, including extrajudicial killings by police, in 2019.
CPJ: The Committee to Protect Journalists is an American independent non-profit, non-governmental organization, based in New York City, New York with correspondents around the world. CPJ promotes press freedom and defends the rights of journalists.
- Founder: Michael Massing
- Founded: 1981
- Headquarters: New York, New York, United States
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
Madhya Pradesh’s Devi Ahilya University gets A-plus grade from NAAC
- The Indore-based Devi Ahilya University becoming Madhya Pradesh’s first varsity to be accorded A-plus grade by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
- The Centre of higher learning now became entitled to several other facilities.
- It may introduce courses recognised by the University Grants Commission without the latter’s permission besides commencing open distance-learning courses.
- Capital: Bhopal
- Chief Minister: Kamal Nath
- Governor: Lalji Tandon
- National Park: Bandhavgarh NP, Fossil NP, Kanha NP, Madhav NP, Panna NP, Pench NP, Sanjay NP, Satpura NP
Ramesh Pokhriyal launched Kartavya Portal
- Ministry of Human Resource Development launched the kartavya.ugc.ac.in portal on 26 November. It was launched by Union HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’.
- He also launched portal Abhiyanta of All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) on the occasion.
- The portals aim to channelize the talents and capabilities of young minds
- The Kartavya Portal will be used primarily for holding monthly essay competitions for students and other activities like quizzes, debates, poster making, etc., related to Nagrik Kartavya Paalan Abhiyan
- The competitions for the students will be held online through the infrastructure and testing centres of the National Testing Agency (NTA)
- The essays can be written in either Hindi or English
- The portal will be available for every student who is registered in any higher education institution in the country
- The Ministry will award four prizes worth Rs.15000, Rs.12,000, Rs.10,000 and Rs.7,500
- Union Human Resource Development (HRD) Minister: Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank
Australian writer and broadcaster, Clive James passed away
- Australian writer and broadcaster, Clive James passed away.
- He was born in 1939, he moved to England in 1961 and rose to prominence as a literary critic and TV columnist.
- He went on to deliver wry commentary on international programming in such shows as Clive James On Television.
Australia (Capital/Currency): Canberra/ Australian Dollar
- Prime Minister: Scott Morrison
Former Navy Chief Admiral Sushil Kumar passed away
- Former Navy Chief Admiral Sushil Kumar passed away at a military hospital in New Delhi on 27 November 2019. He was 79-years-old.
- Admiral Sushil Kumar was the 16th Chief of Naval Staff.
- He served as the Navy Chief from 1998 to 2001.
Download the Daily Current Affairs 28th November 2019 – Click Here
For More Daily Current Affairs – Click Here
Average rating 5 / 5. Vote count: 1
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!