Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the important Current Affairs Today 27th November 2019. These are important for the upcoming Exams. Candidates those who were preparing for the examination can use these current affairs and also you can download the same as PDF.
Current Affairs Today – 27th November 2019
BANKING CURRENT AFFAIRS
SBI & U GRO ink loan co-origination agreement
- NewQuest-backed U GRO Capital inked an SME loan co-origination agreement with State Bank of India to facilitate broader credit outreach and faster disbursal.
- The alliance to leverage U GRO Capital’s proprietary technology platform ‘GRO-Xstream’ to provide in-principle loan approval within 60 minutes.
- U GRO Capital, a BSE listed, technology-enabled small business lending platform entered into a loan co-origination.
State Bank of India: Founded on: As 2 June 1806 (Bank of Calcutta), 15 April 1840 (Bank of Bombay), 1 July 1843 (Bank of Madras), 27 January 1921 (Imperial Bank of India), 1 July 1955 (State Bank of India)
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chairman: Rajnish Kumar
- SBI is the largest commercial bank and the largest mortgage lender across the country.
- SBI has 22,010 branches and 58,000 ATM/CDM across India.
U GRO Capital:
- Headquarters: India
- Founded: 1993
- CEO: Abhijit Ghosh
FINANCE AND ECONOMY
RIL market cap hits Rs 9.5 lakh crore, a first for an Indian company
- Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) is the first Indian company to cross Rs.9.5 lakh in market capitalization (m-cap).
- Recently Vodafone India and Bharti Airtel had announced their tariff hike which will be implemented from December 2019.
- This has increased the share price of RIL in the market and is believed to attract more subscribers for Reliance Jio.
- On 26 Nov 2019, its m-cap touched Rs 9,99,045 crore nearing the Rs 10 lakh crore mark.
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), RIL’s closest rival in market capital had a share price of Rs.2,110, 2% lower on BSE and m-cap of Rs.7,71,996.87 crore.
Reliance Industries Limited is an Indian multinational conglomerate company headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. Reliance owns businesses across India engaged in energy, petrochemicals, textiles, natural resources, retail, and telecommunications.
- Owner: Mukesh Ambani
- Founder: Dhirubhai Ambani
- CEO: Mukesh Ambani
STATE CURRENT AFFAIRS
State’s 1st Vulture Conservation to set up by UP Government
- In a major step to conserve the endangered vulture population, the Uttar Pradesh government will set up the state’s first vulture conservation and breeding centre in farenda area of Maharajganj district.
- According to Environment Minister, there has been a sharp decline in the population of vultures in the country which has come down from 40 million to 19,000 in a span of over three decades.
- Capital: Lucknow
- Chief Minister: Yogi Adityanath
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
- Nation Park: Dudhwa National Park
Chattisgarh declares Guru Ghasidas National Park as tiger reserve
- The Chhattisgarh government has decided to declare Guru Ghasidas National Park in the state’s Korea district as a tiger reserve.
- The decision was taken at a meeting of Chhattisgarh State Wildlife Board chaired by Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel. Presently the state has three tiger reserves, namely Indravati in Bijapur district,Udanti-Sitanadi in Gariaband and Achanakmar in Bilaspur.
- The National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) had approved to declare Guru Ghasidas National Park as a tiger reserve in 2014.
- Capital: Raipur
- Chief Minister: Bhupesh Baghel
- Governor: Anusuiya Uikey
AGREEMENTS AND MOU SIGNED
India-Uzbekistan sign pact on counter-terror cooperation
- India and Uzbekistan have signed a pact for further strengthening of cooperation in the fields of counter-terrorism and organised crime.
- The agreement was signed by Union Home Minister Amit Shah and his Uzbekistan counterpart PulatBobojonov here to further increase cooperation between India and Uzbekistan in diverse fields including counter-terrorism, organized crime and human trafficking.
- The two sides discussed issues of mutual interest including bilateral counter-terrorism cooperation, capacity building and training for Uzbek security personnel in Indian institutions, border guarding and disaster management.
Uzbekistan(Capital/Currency): Tashkent/Uzbekistani Som
- President: Shavkat Mirziyoyev
Cabinet approved MoU signed between India, Saudi Arabia to establish the Strategic Partnership Council
- The Union Cabinet led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved Post Facto the Agreement signed by Prime Minister on 29 October 2019.
- The agreement was signed between India and Saudi Arabia for the establishment of the Strategic Partnership Council.
Saudi Arabia (Capital/Currency): Riyadh/ Saudi riyal
- President: Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud
Cabinet approved MoU signed between India, Saudi to combat illicit trafficking
- PM Modi led Cabinet gave ex-post facto approval for the Memorandum of understanding (MoUs) signed between India and Saudi Arabia in the field of combating illicit trafficking and smuggling of Narcotic Drugs, any chemical precursors and psychotropic Substances.
- The MoU will enhance the cooperation between the two countries to combat the smuggling of narcotic drugs as defined by the United Nations International Drug Control Conventions.
- It will allow the exchange of relevant information including methods, details of trafficking of NDPS, identities and suspicious activities of producers, smugglers, and traffickers of narcotic drugs, and Precursors Chemicals on requisitions and financial details of the traffickers arrested on drug-related charges.
Saudi Arabia (Capital/Currency): Riyadh/ Saudi riyal
- President: Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud
Cabinet approved MoU signed between India, Myanmar on bilateral cooperation
- The Union Cabinet approved the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between India and Myanmar on bilateral cooperation.
- The MoU aimed to prevent trafficking in persons, rescue, recovery, repatriation, and reintegration of victims of trafficking.
- The MoU will deepen the relationship between the two countries. It will increase bilateral cooperation on the issues of rescue, recovery, prevention, and repatriation related to human trafficking.
- The MoU will prevent all forms of human trafficking and protect and assist the victims of trafficking.
Myanmar (Capital/Currency): Naypyitaw/ Burmese kyat
- President: Win Myint
Cabinet approved an agreement between India and Chile to avoid double taxation
- The Union Cabinet approved the agreement signed between the Republic of India and the Republic of Chile to avoid double taxation.
- The countries signed the Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement (DTAA) and Protocol.
- The Agreement and Protocol will be implemented and monitored by the Ministry of Finance
- The agreement aimed to eliminate double taxation and the prevention of fiscal evasion in both countries.
- It will avoid taxes with respect to income.
Chile (Capital/Currency): Santiago/ Chilean peso
- President: Sebastián Piñera
Devendra Fadnavis announces to resign as Maharashtra CM
- Chief Minister of Maharashtra Devendra Fadnavis announced his resignation after the Supreme Court asked him to face a floor-test to test the strength of his BJP-led government’s position.
- His deputy, Ajit Pawar of the NCP, had resigned minutes before.
- Capital: Mumbai
- Chief Minister: Vacant
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
- National Parks: Chandoli National Park, Nawegaon National Park, Gugamal National Park, PenchNational Park, Sanjay Gandhi (Borivilli) National Park, Tadoba National Park
- Wildlife Sanctuaries: Amba Barwa WLS, Bor WLS, Great Indian Bustard WLS,
- Lonar WLS, Melghat WLS, Gangewadi New Great Indian Bustard WLS, etc.
Suman Billa appointed as director in UNWTO
- Suman Billa, the former director and secretary of Kerala Tourism, is appointed as the director, technical cooperation and silk road development at DI level of the United Nations World Tourism Organisation(UNWTO).
- He will join at UNWTO’s headquarters in Madrid, Spain.
UNWTO: The World Tourism Organization is the United Nations specialized agency responsible for the promotion of responsible, sustainable and universally accessible tourism.
- Headquarters location: Madrid, Spain
- Founded: October 1975
DEFENCE CURRENT AFFAIRS
ISRO Launches CARTOSAT-3
- India’s Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle, PSLV-C47 Launch Vehicle-XL (PSLV-XL) rocket carrying advanced earth observation satellite Cartosat-3 and 13 US nano satellites lifted off from the second launch pad of the rocket port from Sriharikota.
- At about 9.28 a.m. the 44.4 meters tall, weighing 320-ton rocket blasted off from the second launch pad at the country’s rocket port.
ISRO: The Indian Space Research Organisation is the space agency of the Government of India.
- Founded: 15 August 1969
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
- Founder: Vikram Sarabhai
- Director: Kailasavadivoo Sivan
- Subsidiary: Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre
India to host naval drill Milan 2020
- The Indian Navy will host military drill ‘Milan 2020’ in March which will witness the participation of several countries.
- 41 nations from South Asia, Southeast Asia, Africa and Europe that share defence cooperation with India have been invited for the drill. MILAN stands for ‘Multilateral Naval Exercise’.
- Chief of the Naval Staff: Admiral Karambir Singh
BOOKS & AUTHORS
Book titled “Hemant Karkare -A Daughter’s Memoir” by Jui Karkare Navare released
- On 11th anniversary of the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks, a book titled “Hemant Karkare -A Daughter’s Memoir” by his daughter Jui Karkare Navare was released in Mumbai, Maharashtra. The book has been published by The Write Place.
- The book portrays former Anti-Terrorism Squad(ATS) chief Hemant Karkare’s life as a father to JuiKarkare Navare.
- 18 security personnel lost their lives in the 26/11 terror attacks, also known as the 2008 Mumbai attacks.
- The attack was carried out by Lashkar-e-Taiba, an Islamic terrorist organisation based in Pakistan, in 8 places of Mumbai.
Billie Eilish is Billboard’s 2019 ‘Woman of the Year’
- Singer Billie Eilish will be honoured as Billboard’s 2019 Woman of the Year.
- Pop star Taylor Swift will also be honoured at Billboard’s event, receiving the inaugural Woman of the Decade award.
- Billie has disrupted the entertainment industry through her music and social media platforms, leaving an indelible impact on the global cultural zeitgeist.
Ekalabya award 2019 for Odia weightlifter Jhilli Dalabehera
- Odia women weightlifter Jhilli Dalabehera, who has brought laurels for both the State and the country in several national and international events, will receive the 27th Ekalabya Award for 2019.
- The annual award instituted by Indian Metals Public Charitable Trust (IMPaCT) comprises a cash prize of Rs 5 lakh along with a citation.
- She has won two gold, three silver and a bronze medal in different International weightlifting events held between April 1, 2017, and March 31, 2019.
Sundram Fasteners’ Suresh Krishna gets ‘Quality Ratna’ award
- India’s first ‘Quality Ratna’ award to Suresh Krishna, Chairman, Sundram Fasteners Ltd.
- He has been a role model for society in embracing the principles of quality in both personal and professional life.
- He pioneered the constitution of the TPM Club of India in collaboration with the Japan Institute of Plant Maintenance in 1998 and was its first Chairman.
- This award was awarded by trade body Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) Institute of Quality, in its 27th Quality Summit held in Bengaluru.
Indian journalist Neha Dixit recipients of International Press Freedom Award
- Indian journalist Neha Dixit has receipt 2019 International Press Freedom Awards.
- This award is awarded by Committee to Protect Journalists (CPJ), a non-profit organization whose aim is to enable journalists to work without the fear of reprisal.
- Dixit received the award for her reports on sex trafficking scandals in India by Investigative reporter in Miami Herald, Julie k.Brown.
Manisha Kulshreshtha wins 28th Bihari Puraskar
- Noted writer from Rajasthan, Manisha Kulshreshtha, was awarded the 28th Bihari Puraskar for 2018 for her novel ‘Swapnapash’.
- The award is presented by the KK Birla Foundation and is for writers of Rajasthani origin.
- It is given annually to an outstanding work in Hindi or Rajasthani published in the past 10 years.
- Named after famous Hindi poet Bihari, the award carries a cash prize of 2.5 lakh, a citation, and a plaque.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
IIT Jodhpur researchers develop catalytic converter for cars
- A research team from the IIT-Jodhpur chemistry department has developed a catalytic converter for cars using Rajasthani clay.
- It will be cheaper and more effective in reducing pollution.
- The new catalytic converter was developed by the extraction of Iron-Nickel-Cobalt nanoparticles from the Rajasthani clay.
- The clay acts as an oxygen reservoir.
- It turns the pollutants less harmful.
- The Rajasthani clay will reduce the temperature.
- It can be used as a replacement for Palladium and Cerium.
- This will also help in redesigning the convertor.
- Chief Minister: Ashok Gehlot
- Governor: Kalraj Mishra
Download the Daily Current Affairs 27th November 2019 – Click Here
For More Daily Current Affairs – Click Here
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?