Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the important Current Affairs Today 13th August 2019. These are important for the upcoming Exams. Candidates those who were preparing for the examination can use these current affairs and also you can download the same as PDF.
Current Affairs Today – 13th August 2019
FINANCE AND ECONOMY
Reliance Jio and Microsoft partner to accelerate digital transformation in India
- Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited (Jio) and Microsoft Corporation companies have a unique relationship.
- Their main aim is at accelerating the digital transformation of the Indian economy and society.
- Jio and Microsoft aim to enhance the adoption of leading technologies like data analytics, AI, cognitive services, blockchain, Internet of Things, and edge computing among small and medium enterprises to make them ready to compete and grow.
Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited, d/b/a Jio, is an Indian mobile network operator wholly owned by Reliance Industries.
- Founder: Mukesh Ambani
- Founded: 2007
- Headquarters: Mumbai
Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company.
It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services.
- Headquarters: Redmond, Washington, United States
- Founders: Bill Gates, Paul Allen
- CEO: Satya Nadella
Google expands collaboration with Prasar Bharati for live and archival content digitization
- Google India announced a continued long-term collaboration with Prasar Bharati to bring all the live action on YouTube and Google Search for events of national importance such as the Independence Day and Republic Day telecast.
- As part of the collaboration, viewers from across the globe will be able to watch full parade and Prime Minister’s speech live on Doordarshan’s YouTube channel, as India celebrates its 73rd Independence Day on 15th August, 2019
Google LLC is an American multinational technology company that specializes in Internet-related services and products, which include online advertising technologies, search engine, cloud computing, software, and hardware.
- Founded: 4 September 1998
- Founders: Larry Page, Sergey Brin
- CEO: Sundar Pichai
NATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS
Doordarshan releases patriotic song Watan for Independence Day
- Information and Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar released a patriotic song Watan in New Delhi to mark the occasion of Independence Day.
- The special song has been produced by Doordarshan.
- The song pays tribute to the bravery and valour of the armed forces and the martyrs of the country.
- It highlights several path-breaking initiatives of the government including the determination and vision behind the recent successful launch of Chandrayaan 2.
- The song has been sung by famous Bollywood singer Javed Ali. It has been penned by lyricist Alok Shrivastav and music composed by Dushyant.
- The song is being broadcast by all the stations and kendras of Akashvani and Doordarshan.
Doordarshan: Doordarshan is an autonomous public service broadcaster founded by the Government of India, owned by the Broadcasting Ministry of India and one of Prasar Bharati’s two divisions.
- Founder: Government of India
- Founded: 15 September 1959, Delhi
- Motto: Satyam Shivam Sundaram
National Health Authority plans to include all types of cancer and its treatment under PM JAY Scheme
- The National Health Authority (NHA) plans to include all types of cancer and its treatment under the Ayushman Bharat Yojana- Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY) healthcare packages.
- The central government’s health insurance scheme are cost-effective, proven and beneficial to the patients.
- The announcement aims to give medical cover to over 10 crore poor and vulnerable families of approximately 50 crore beneficiaries.
- The scheme will now provide coverage of up to Rs.5 lakh per family per year for secondary and tertiary care hospitalisation.
About PM-JAY insurance scheme:
- Ayushman Bharat Scheme also called as Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY), a National Health Protection Scheme, was launched on September 2018. It was launched by PM Narendra Modi.
- Beneficiaries: PM-JAY scheme will cover over 10 crore poor and vulnerable families. The coverage package is up to Rs.5 lakh per family per year for secondary and tertiary care hospitalisation.
- Implementation: About 16000 hospitals have been empanelled and nearly 34 lakh beneficiaries have been admitted while nine crore e-cards have been issued.
STATE CURRENT AFFAIRS
Three day Independence Day celebration begins in Assam
- In Assam, the three day Independence Day celebration has begun across the state from today.
- On the first day today, cleanliness and plantation drive is being carried out by the district administrations.
- The main function will be held on 15th August at Khanapara in Guwahati.
Assam: Capital City(Dispur) CM(Sarbananda Sonowal) Governor(Jagdish Mukhi)
Maharashtra seeks Rs.3000 crore as monetary assistance from the Centre
- The Maharashtra government has sought Rs.3,000 crore package as assistance from the Centre
- Earlier, Karnataka State has sought Rs.3000 crore for interim flood relief.
- In Maharashtra the crop destruction alone will be more than Rs.125 crore and around 27,468 hectare of agriculture land has been completely destroyed.
Maharashtra: Capital City(Mumbai) CM(C. Vidyasagar Rao) Governor(C. Vidyasagar Rao)
Two new UTs, Jammu and Kashmir, and Ladakh, will come into existence on Oct 31
- President Ram Nath Kovind on Friday gave assent to a legislation for bifurcation of Jammu and Kashmir, and two Union Territories — Jammu and Kashmir, and Ladakh .
- It will come into existence on October 31.
- The President has given assent to the Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation Act, 2019.
INTERNATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS
China to soon launch its own cryptocurrency
- People’s Bank of China (PBoC) is issuing its own cryptocurrency.
- The bank’s researchers have been working last year to develop systems, and the cryptocurrency is “close to being out,”
- The event is held by China Finance 40 Forum over the weekend in Yichun, Heilongjiang.
China (Capital/Currency): Beijing/Renminbi
- President: Xi Jinping
SUMMITS AND CONFERENCES
Two Day exhibition on DAE Technologies inaugurated in New Delhi
- The Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Government of India, is organizing a two-day exhibition on DAE spin-off technologies for non-power applications.
- The exhibition was inaugurated by the Chairman, Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) Shri Rakesh Gupta.
- The exhibition is open to the public for two days (Aug 11-12, 2019).
Alejandro Giammattei elected as the next President of Guatemala
- Conservative candidate and ex-prison chief Alejandro Giammattei has been elected president of Guatemala.
Guatemala (Capital/Currency): Guatemala City/Guatemalan quetzal
Shri Ghotu Ram Meena appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Congo
- Shri Ghotu Ram Meena has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Congo.
- Presently he is working as the Counsellor, Embassy of India in Kyiv,Ukraine.
- He is expected to take up the assignment shortly.
Congo (Capital/Currency): Brazzaville/Congolese Franc
- President: Félix Tshisekedi
SPORTS CURRENT AFFAIRS
Rafael Nadal won Montreal Masters title
- Rafael Nadal won the Montreal Masters Cup. He won the 35th Masters crown. He defeated Russian Daniil Medvedev.
- He extended his record haul of Masters 1000 titles. Nadal got the title for the first time in his career. Rafael Nadal, it was the third title of 2019.
Bianca Andreescu won the 2019 Rogers Cup
- Bianca Andreescu won the 2019 Rogers Cup in Toronto, Canada.
- She defeated Serena Williams.
- In the Rogers Cup men’s final, Spanish player Rafael Nadal won the title. It is his fifth Rogers Cup title.
- Men’s singles: Rafael Nadal
- Women’s singles: Bianca Andreescu
- Men’s doubles: Marcel Granollers, Horacio Zeballos
- Women’s doubles: Barbora Krejčíková, Kateřina Siniaková
Canada (Capital/Currency): Ottawa/Canadian dollar
- Prime Minister: Justin Trudeau
BOOKS & AUTHORS
Sridevi: Girl Woman Superstar: Actor’s life story all set to be published
- Penguin Random House India is all set to publish a book on her, titled Sridevi: Girl Woman Superstar approved by Boney Kapoor.
- The book will be written by author and screenwriter Satyarth Nayak and will be published under the Ebury Press imprint of Penguin Random House in October 2019.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
Researchers found the stunning super massive black hole ever
- Researchers from the Max Planck Institute, Germany have found the largest black hole ever.
- It was named Holmberg 15A.
- The study will help them figure out how exactly these black holes are formed and how many such massive blackholes are yet to be discovered.
- The black hole was observed at the center of Holm 15A, the central galaxy of Abell 85 which is about 700 million light-years away. The radius of the black hole is about radius is about 790 Astronomical unit (AU).
IIT Kharagpur researchers develop low-cost blood test device
- Researchers from IIT Kharagpur have developed a low-cost diagnostic device which can perform various pathological tests by using blood taken from a fingerprick.
- The device requires a single drop of blood and a drop of reagent (a substance used to cause a chemical reaction) on the paper-based reaction chamber.
Freedom fighter Dayanidhi Nayak passes away
- Noted freedom fighter Dayanidhi Nayak passed away at an age of 95.
- He joined the Quit India movement against the British government and was a devout follower of Mahatma Gandhi.
Senior advocate & former ASG Amarendra Sharan passes away
- Senior advocate and former Additional Solicitor General Amarendra Sharan passed away on Monday after suffering heart attack.
- He was 69 years old.
Download the Daily Current Affairs 13th August 2019 – Click Here
For More Daily Current Affairs – Click Here
Note: We have launched separate webiste for Free PDF which has All Free PDF Materials, Topic wise questions on Reasoning, Aptitude, English, General Awareness, Current Affairs, Insurance Awareness, Banking Awareness, Previous Year Question Paper and more. Visit: pdf.exampundit.in
Average rating 5 / 5. Vote count: 1
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!