Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the important Daily Current Affairs 4 February 2019. These are important for the upcoming NIACL AO and SBI PO 2019 Exams.
Daily Current Affairs 4 February 2019 for Bank, SSC and Competitive Exams
Banking and Finance
2 RRBs amalgamated, named ‘Tamil Nadu Grama Bank’
- Three Regional Rural Banks (RRBs) sponsored by the public sector Indian Bank were amalgamated and renamed as ‘Tamil Nadu Grama Bank’, with its Head Office in Salem.
- The amalgamation will be effective from April one, a release from the Indian Bank said here on Saturday.
- It said the Union Finance Ministry vide its Gazette notification dated January 28, 2019, in exercise of powers conferred under Regional Rural Banks Act 1976 announced amalgamation of Pallavan Grama Bank (sponsored by Indian Bank) and the Pandyan Grama Bank (sponsored by Indian Overseas Bank) into a Single Regional Rural Bank in Tamil Nadu.
- The amalgamated RRB namely “Tamil Nadu Grama Bank” will be under the sponsorship of Indian Bank, with Head Office at Salem.
Odisha Govt signed MoU with KEC, Iran for mutual cooperation
- On the 4th day of MSME International Trade Fair-2019, the session on “Promoting Women Entrepreneurship” received an overwhelming participation from more than 300 women entrepreneurs, exporters and startups.
- On this occasion, an MoU between Odisha Assembly of Small & Medium Enterprises (OASME) and Khazar Electric Company (KEC) from Iran was also signed for mutual cooperation for transfer of technology and production of equipments for agriculture, food processing, agriculture and waste management in presence of ACS, MSME.
- Delivering a special address on this occasion, Shri L.N. Gupta, ACS, MSME informed that there are 40,892 MSMEs led by women entrepreneurs in the state providing employment to 1.58 lakh persons.
India and states
PM Modi visits all 3 regions of Kashmir, Jammu & Ladakh to inaugurate, lay foundation stones for various development projects
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi today visited all the three regions of Kashmir, Jammu & Ladakh to inaugurate and lay foundation stones for various development projects.
- During his day long visit to Srinagar, Jammu & Leh, PM Modi inaugurated around 7000 Crore projects related to healthcare, higher education, skill development and employment in the State.
- PM Modi had earlier visited Jammu, Srinagar and Leh on 18th May last year to lay the foundation stones for various infrastructure projects in the state. In the last leg of his day long visit, PM Modi arrived in Srinagar and unveiled the plaque to mark the laying of foundation stone for Rs 1828 crore All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) coming up on 207 acres at south Kashmir’s Awantipora area of Pulwama district.
- He also digitally launched various projects under Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan (RUSA) for whole country. PM also laid foundation stone digitally for 3 Model Degree Colleges in north Kashmir’s Kupwara, Baramulla and Kishtwar districts.
- The Rs 3 crore facilities for launch of Rural BPO, in north Kashmir’s Bandipora district was also digitally inaugurated by the PM. This will enhance employment opportunities for the youth in Bandipora and neighbouring districts.
- PM also digitally inaugurated Multipurpose Indoor Sports Facility at Sehpora are of Ganderbal district in Central Kashmir. The indoor sports facility will be an invaluable asset for the youth of the district Ganderbal, where they will get the chance to play indoor games.
- PM Modi also laid the foundation stone for construction of Transit accomodation for Kashmiri migrant employees in Kashmir valley through the unveiling of plaque coming up at the cost of Rs 920 Crores.
- He also dedicated 400 KV D/C Jalandhar-Samba-Rajouri-Shopian-Amargarh (Sopore) transmission power line to the nation. The project has augmented the grid connectivity in Jammu & Kashmir. PM also declared 100% electrification of households in the State under SAUBHAGYA Scheme.
PM dedicates 294-km-long electrified railway lines in West Bengal, to the nation
- PM Modi dedicated to the nation the railway electrification of the 294-km-long Andal-Sainthia-Pakur-Malda and the Khana-Sainthia sections.
- The electrification of this section will enable ease of transportation of coal, stone chips and ballast to North and Northeast India in a seamless manner, a statement from PM’s office said.
- The PM launched a nearly 300-km-long electrified section of the railways in Durgapur. He also inaugurated a 20-km-long Hijli-Narayangarh third line.
NBCC to construct Ayurveda and Naturopathy hospital in Goa
- NBCC, a Navratna Central Public Sector Enterprises, will construct an Ayurveda and Naturopathy hospital in Goa at a cost of over 267 crore rupees.
- A memorandum of understanding was signed with the Ministry of AYUSH in this regard. In a statement, the company said, 250-bed hospital will be completed in the next 24 months.
- The foundation stone of the project was recently laid by AYUSH Minister Shripad Yesso Naik.
- The All India Institute of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy will also cater to over 500 students every year offering undergraduate, post-graduate and PhD degrees.
CJI Ranjan Gogoi inaugurates Andhra Pradesh High Court new building at Amaravathy
- The Andhra Pradesh High Court new building at Amaravathy, was inaugurated today by the Chief Justice of India, Ranjan Gogoi. It’s after functioning from Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister’s Camp Office for over a month’s time, the AP High Court today moved to a new building at Amaravathy on a temporary basis.
- The two-storied building is located at Nelapadu in Amaravati region has 16 court halls and the building costing Rs 150 Crore houses a 2.70 lakh square feet office space. Thus, Andhra Pradesh is getting its own court four and half years after the state bifurcation.
- While addressing the gathering after inauguration of the AP High Court Complex at Amaravathy,, the Chief Justice of India, Ranjan Gogoi stressed the need for the new role of the judiciary, the role of the Bar Council and the challenges being faced by the Indian judiciary.
P V Bharathi assumes charge as CEO of Corporation Bank
- P V Bharathi, executive director of Canara Bank, has assumed charge as managing director and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the city-based Corporation Bank, a statement said.
- She is the first woman to serve the bank in this capacity, the release here said.
- Bharathi has been executive director of Canara Bank since September 15, 2016 and served as the firm’s general manager in the risk management wing. She has more than 37 years of experience in the banking industry.
Rishi Kumar Shukla appointed as new CBI director
- Rishi Kumar Shukla, 1983 batch IPS officer of Madhya Pradesh cadre, was on February 2, 2019 appointed as the new chief of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
- He will be serving for a fixed term of two years.
- Shukla’s appointment to the post was approved by a high-level committee chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The IPS officer has previously served as the DGP of Madhya Pradesh.
Former Law Minister of Nepal Nilambar Acharya appointed as country’s ambassador to India
- Former Law Minister of Nepal Nilambar Acharya has been appointed as country’s ambassador to India.
- President Bidya Devi Bhandari administered the oath of office and secrecy to Mr. Acharya in Kathmandu this evening. He has been appointed on the recommendation of cabinet.
- Acharya served as a member of Eminent Persons Group formed by India and Nepal on bilateral relations. He was Law Minister in the interim government of 1990. Mr. Acharya had also served as Nepal’s envoy to Sri Lanka.
Pope Francis lands in Abu Dhabi, becomes 1st pontiff to visit Arabian peninsula
- Pope Francis landed in Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), on a historic visit, becoming the first pontiff to visit the Arabian peninsula. He was received at the airport by the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed.
- The Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi said, they warmly welcome him Holy Father, Pope Francis.
- The Pope is visiting the UAE on the invitation of the Crown Prince to take part in an interfaith Conference.
- An estimated 700 participants from different faith are expected to participate in the Human Fraternity Conference, which includes representatives of the Muslim, Christian, Jewish, Hindu, Buddhist and Sikh faiths.
Nepal’s Paudel Becomes Youngest Half-Centurion in International Cricket
- Aged just 16 years and 146 days, Nepal’s Rohit Paudel became the youngest male player to record a half-century in international cricket when he hit 55 in 58 balls in a One-Day International against the UAE on Saturday (January 26).
- Paudel bettered the record held by Sachin Tendulkar who had made 59 in a Test against Pakistan at the age of 16 years and 213 days. In ODI cricket the record was held by Shahid Afridi who creamed a maiden 50-over century aged 16 years and 217 days in his maiden international innings against Sri Lanka.
Nepal’s Sundeep Jora becomes youngest player to hit T20I fifty
- Nepal’s Sundeep Jora became the youngest cricketer to score a half-century in T20 Internationals. Aged 17 years and 103 days, Jora achieved the feat during a T20I match against UAE in Dubai on Thursday. The youngster scored an unbeaten 53 off 46 balls in the match.
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) took to Twitter to announce the incredible feat.
- Earlier, Nepal’s Rohit Paudel etched his name in the history books, becoming the youngest player in international cricket to hit a half-century, surpassing legendary Sachin Tendulkar and Shahid Afridi.
World Cancer Day 2019 observed across the world
- The World Cancer Day 2019 was observed across the world on February 4, 2019 with an aim to unite the world’s population in the fight against cancer.
- The theme for the World Cancer Day during 2016-2018 was ‘We can. I can.’
- The Union for International Cancer Control, which organises the World Cancer Day every year, launched a new 3-year campaign with the theme “I Am and I Will”.
Click below to download the PDF of Today’s Current Affairs 4 February 2019