SCO Summit 2019: Dear EP ‘ians, Here we have given the Important General Awareness Study Material on SCO Summit 2019, from which we can expect GA Questions in LIC AAO and SBI PO Mains 2019 Examination.
EXTRA SHOTS on Shanghai Cooperation Organisation — SCO Summit 2019
- Which edition of SCO Summit held recently in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan?
Answer– Nineteenth (19th) edition of SCO Summit held on 13th -14th June in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.
- Which country hosted the19th edition of SCO Summit 2019?
Answer– Kyrgyzstan hosted the 19th edition of SCO Summit 2019 in its capital city, Bishkek.
- What is the capital and currency of Kyrgyzstan?
Answer-The Capital of Kyrgyzstan is Bishkek and Currency is Kyrgyzstani som.
- Which country is going to host the 20th edition of SCO Summit in 2020?
Answer–Russia will host the 20th edition of SCO Summit in 2020 in Chelyabinsk.
- 18th SCO Summit held in which country?
Answer-18th edition of SCO Summit 2018 held in China (Qingdao)
- What is the other name of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO)?
Answer –The other name of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) is Shanghai Pact.
- Shanghai Cooperation Organisation headquartered in which country?
Answer-Shanghai Cooperation Organisation headquartered in Bejing, China.
- Which country organised the first SCO Summit?
Answer-China organised the first SCO Summit on 14th June 2001 in Shanghai.
- What are the official languages of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation?
Answer-The official Languages of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation is Chinese and Russian.
- Who is the current Secretary General of SCO?
Answer-The Secretary General of SCO is Vladimir Norov from Uzbekistan.
- Who is the Deputy Secretary General of SCO?
Answer–The Deputy Secretary General of SCO is SabyrImandosov.
- Who addressed the SCO Summit 2019 from India?
Answer– Prime Minister NarendraModi addressed the SCO Summit 2019 in Bishkek.
Formation of SCO
The Shanghai Five
|26th April||China||Bejing||Yuan/ Renminbi||Xi Jinping|
|Shanghai Cooperation Organisation||15th June 2001||Uzbekistan||Tashkent||Som||ShavkatMirziyoyev|
|9th June 2017||India||New Delhi||Indian Rupee||Ram NathKovind|
- Founding Members– China, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia and Tajikistan
|Belarus||Minsk||Belarusian ruble||Alexander Lukashenko|
|Cambodia||Phnom Penh||Riel||Hun Sen|
|Nepal||Kathmandu||Nepalese rupee||Bidhya Devi Bhandari|
|Sri Lanka||Colombo, Sri JayawardenepuraKotte||Sri Lankan rupee||MaithripalaSirisena|
The main aim to establish SCO is to generate cooperation between member nations on:
- Resolving border issues
- Security concerns
- Military Cooperation
- Countering Terrorism
- Intelligence sharing
- Economic Cooperation
- Cultural Cooperation
Bilateral Meeting of India beside SCO Summit 2019
India – China
- Prime Minister NarendraModi met with Chinese President Xi Jinping and discussed ways to further strengthen the bilateral relations between the two countries.
India – Russia
- PM Modi held a meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin and they reviewed all aspects of bilateral relations to further boost the strategic relationship between India and Russia. They focused on defence and energy and reviewed trade and investment ties.
India – Afghanistan
- PM Modi met Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani on the sidelines of the SCO summit. They discussed the role being played by India towards an inclusive peace process in Afghanistan and shared their perspectives on the situation.
India-Kyrgyz Business Forum
- Prime Minister NarendraModi held bilateral meetings with the President of Kyrgyzstan SooronbeyJeenbekov.
- They jointly inaugurated India-Kyrgyz Business forum and asked their business communities to explore the untapped potential for deepening bilateral relations between the two countries.
- Both countries gave a final nod to the Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement (DTAA) and the bilateral investment treaty. It will help in creating a proper atmosphere for the bilateral trade.
- The three catalysts for the growth of bilateral trade and investment opportunities are proper atmosphere, connectivity and business-to-business exchanges.
- 15 Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) were signed between India and Kyrgyzstan in the presence of Prime Minister NarendraModi and President of Kyrgyzstan, SooronbeyJeenbekov.
- They agreed to celebrate 2021 as the year of cultural and friendship between the Kyrgyz Republic and India.
- India granted 200 million dollar line of credit to Kyrgyzstan.
- India and Kyrgyzstan prepared a 5-year road map to increase bilateral trade apart from DTAA and bilateral investment treaty.
- Kyrgyzstan provides good opportunities for Indian businessmen in the field of textiles, railways, hydro power, mining and mineral explorations.
India and Uzbekistan explored joint economic projects ahead of SCO Summit
During SCO Summit 2019
- PM Modi called for global conferrence to eliminate terrorism from its root. He also called for International Conference against Terrorism. Through the Bishkek Declaration, the member States urged the international community to strengthen global cooperation to tackle terrorism without politicization and double standards.
- During the visit for the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) Summit, Kyrgyzstan President SooronbayJeenbekov gifted a Kalpak, a traditional Kyrgyz hat and a Chapan, a traditional coat from Kyrgyzstan to Prime Minister NarendraModi. He also presented him a Samovar, a traditional container to heat or boil water.
- Prime Minister NarendraModi in his address to the SCO leaders presented his vision for the organization in the form of HEALTH (healthcare cooperation, economic cooperation, alternate energy, literature and culture, terrorism-free society and humanitarian cooperation).
Note: We have launched separate webiste for Free PDF which has All Free PDF Materials, Topic wise questions on Reasoning, Aptitude, English, General Awareness, Current Affairs, Insurance Awareness, Banking Awareness, Previous Year Question Paper and more. Visit: pdf.exampundit.in
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!