The 2018 French Open, also known as Roland Garros was the 122nd edition of the French Open and the second Grand Slam event of 2018. It took place at the Stade Roland Garros in Paris, France.
Rafael Nadal equaled Margaret Court’s all-time record of 11 Grand Slam singles titles won at one major and became the first player to achieve that feat in the Open era.
Thiem became the first Austrian player to reach a grand slam singles final since Thomas Muster at the 1995 French Open.
Feliciano López appeared at his 65th consecutive Grand Slam main draw, thus equalling Federer’s record for the longest streak of consecutive Grand Slam appearances.
Simona Halep won her first Grand Slam title. It was also the first French Open since 1992 that both the men’s and the women’s singles competitions were won by the top seeds.
2018 French Open – Men’s Singles
Spain Rafael Nadal def. Dominic Thiem
2018 French Open – Women’s Singles
Simona Halep def. Sloane Stephens
2018 French Open – Men’s Doubles
Pierre-Hugues Herbert / Nicolas Mahut def. Oliver Marach / Mate Pavić
2018 French Open – Women’s Doubles
Barbora Krejčíková / Kateřina Siniaková def. Eri Hozumi / Makoto Ninomiya
2018 French Open – Mixed Doubles
Latisha Chan / Ivan Dodig def. Gabriela Dabrowski / Mate Pavić
2018 French Open Champions and Runner-ups and their Countries
|Sloane Stephens||United States|
|Barbora Krejčíková||Czech Republic|
|Kateřina Siniaková||Czech Republic|
|Latisha Chan||Chinese Taipei|
This will be important for the upcoming IBPS and SBI Exams.
- Taglines and Headquarters of Indian Banks PDF – Download From Here
- Complete List of Central Banks in the World PDF – Download From Here
- Monthly Puzzle Handbook PDF – May 2018 – Download From Here
- Last 6 Months Banking Awareness PDFs – November to May 2018 – Download From Here
- Important Banking Terms and Definitions Related to RBI – Download From Here
- Banking Awareness and Stock GK Questions asked in Bank Exams 2017-2018 – Download From Here
Join us on Facebook.
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!