The fourth meeting of Governing Council of NITI Aayog was chaired by PM narendra Modi at Rashtrapati Bhavan, New Delhi.
A total of 23 state chief ministers attained the meeting.
Highlights of the Governing Council of NITI Aayog Meeting
- PM Narendra Modi has assured help to the bifurcated states of Bihar, Jharkhand, Telangana and Andhra Pradesh with the norms and provisions.
- Madhya Pradesh CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan headed seven member committee will be formed under MNREGA scheme for development of irrigation and post-harvest.
- The committee will also comprise the Chief Ministers of Bihar, Gujarat, Sikkim, West Bengal, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, and Andhra Pradesh.
- PM Narendra Modi also discussed about the Aspirational Blocks and the development of villages to implement welfare schemes in 45,000 villages by August 15. In total 65 thousand villages have to be covered.
- As a tribute to Mahatma Gandhi on his 150th Birth Anniversary in 2019, Open Defecation Free India under Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan is targetted.
- PM Modi also discussed about Uniform Voter List.
- Arunachal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, and Uttarakhand were specifically directed to utilise their hydro-potential.