The official notification of the SBI Clerk 2018 was released last week. As SBI Clerk 2017 was not conducted, there are many aspirants eagerly waiting for this opportunity. In this post, we bring to you all that you need to know about the SBI Clerk exam. This post is brought to you by Oliveboard, an online exam preparation platform for banking exams.
- 1 Important Dates
- 2 Vacancies
- 3 Eligibility Criteria
- 4 Selection Process & Exam Pattern
- 5 Application Fee
- 6 Previous Year’s Cut-offs
- 7 Job Profile & Salary
- Online Registration Begins: 20 January 2018
- Online Registration Ends: 10 February 2018
- Date of Preliminary Exam: March / April 2018
- Date of Mains Exam: 12 May 2018
The following picture shows the details of state-wise vacancies announced this year for SBI Clerk 2018.
- Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
- Age limit is 20 – 28 years. This is relaxed for various categories as per regulations
Selection Process & Exam Pattern
There has been a slight change in SBI Clerk 2018 selection process. There will not be any sectional or overall cut-offs for the preliminary examination. The selection process is as follows:
Preliminary Exam –> Mains Exam –> Provisional Allotment
SBI Clerk 2018 Prelims: Exam Pattern
SBI Clerk 2018 Main: Exam Pattern
Previous Year’s Cut-offs
SBI Clerk Prelims Sectional Cut-offs
|Subject||Total Marks||Cut Off for General||Cut off for SC/ST/OBC|
SBI Clerk 2016 Mains Sectional Cut-offs
|Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude||60||24||19|
SBI Clerk Mains 2016 Overall Cut-off Marks (State wise)
|States||Cut off marks (out of 200)|
|Delhi & Haryana||118.25||76.25||120.50||138.00|
Job Profile & Salary
A bank clerk is the first point of contact for any customer to address his inquiries and to provide guidance. As an SBI Clerk, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Customer Interaction: Handling doubts and queries
- Verification and signing of documents, countersigning and clearing cheques and drafts
- Back-office work like ledger maintenance, balance tallying, data entry
*Note that the above list is not exhaustive or definitive and is meant to give you an idea of what the job would be like.
The pay-scale of an SBI Clerk 2018 is:
- The total starting emoluments of a Clerical Cadre employee payable at Metro like Mumbai will be around ₹23600/- per month inclusive of D.A. and other allowances at the current rate.
- Allowances may vary depending upon the place of posting.
- The perks are: – Provident Fund, Gratuity, Pension under New Pension Scheme (Defined Contribution Benefit Scheme), Medical, Leave fare and other facilities.
Hope this helps.
Now, ace the SBI Clerk 2018 Exam with Oliveboard Mocks!